Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tried my hand at copper inlay

Gadget

Didn't come out half bad if I do say so myself. I pounded copper wire into a notch here.

url]

Gadget

Thanks BTG...now if I could just figure out how to get images inline since Photobucket shat on us.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, that Photobucket fiasco got me too, had almost 1300 pics with them; I'm still trying to replace them in my posts. :yabbmad:
A lot of the guys went over to imgur, me included; so far I'm pretty happy with them.

Last edited:

diachi

Didn't come out half bad if I do say so myself. I pounded copper wire into a notch here.

URL]

Looks nice! :)

For to work you need to link directly to the image, linking to the album doesn't work.

Try clicking the image to maximize it, then right click and look for something along the lines of "copy image location", that should copy the direct link for the image which you can then embed using [IMG] tags.

Like this:

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/69KRxJkre_KubOFZp8aletY1_7dRHJVJ-G2sZlcrQA3EhGlTgwknvTldmMizBgOs-MowhdYv-nwrnujdV5z_NOoYZteX0v4Q1R0ronax2WffKufctnOLyZHKGxisyRUima_QuENgmw=w1301-h956-no

Last edited:

BobMc

Hey that's kinda neat! You could really spruce up some hosts like that. :gj:

Hi, Very impressive work i think that would work out nice with the CU inlay on a nice AL sink. Bob Mac is right might need to try that some time.

Rich:)

Gadget

Pretty easy actually, Jerry.
I just cut a couple of notches on the lathe, and made a v-block out of wood. Then just laid the part in the block and pounded the wire in with a ballpeen. Then sand and polish, and voila! The only tricky part is making the joint disappear where the two wire ends meet. Opposing angle cuts, and judicial pounding with the ballpeen seems to have done the trick.

The beauty part is this'll work on flat pieces, too, with any shape of notch you can cut, or have cut. By shape, I mean designs, not the profile of the notch. Square notches will hold the wire, any other profile would probably let the wire slip out too easy.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

-G

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Pretty easy actually, Jerry.
I just cut a couple of notches on the lathe, and made a v-block out of wood. Then just laid the part in the block and pounded the wire in with a ballpeen. Then sand and polish, and voila! The only tricky part is making the joint disappear where the two wire ends meet. Opposing angle cuts, and judicial pounding with the ballpeen seems to have done the trick.

The beauty part is this'll work on flat pieces, too, with any shape of notch you can cut, or have cut. By shape, I mean designs, not the profile of the notch. Square notches will hold the wire, any other profile would probably let the wire slip out too easy.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

-G
I had an idea but wasn't sure how you did it.
I was also wondering about the inlay splice...
Thanks for the explanation...:beer:

Jerry

Last edited:
Looks good from what I see, I suppose you fill in and turn/sand then polish hoping not to have any gaps.