Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tri-dot 660nm red laser in C2 host, warning picture heavy !

Awesome build Blord :beer: :D ... it's alway's nice to see something different then blue once in a while, but you took it one step further by using 3 diodes :D
''Like i said'' very cool stuff ^^

You should try some of those line lenses in there to perhaps create a cool triangle.

mQff4XRWPKEmMoXFkuL-3uQ.jpg

Would love to have one of those 3 set-up build's myself one day :) *hint ^^*

Also props to Fiddy and ,Mrcrouse :beer:

Cheers, Sm.

Last edited:

I suggested that, wouldn't work because the lines would cross over at the 3 points (i think )

Nothing a black marker couldn't handle for cutting it, and then permantly adjust it on the lens itself with something :)

Worth a try, those lenses are cheap :)

It doesn't work that way. If the beams are converting to one point then after that point the beams are diverting again.
For the best visual look the beams must be parallel or slightly diverting from the start.

yea, it would be simply for the point of completely and utterly destroying things with laser power. cool? yea. safe? not likely. will i ever get around to doing it? yea, if the money fairy comes :D

Blord

I have never used line filters before. Maybe I should start investigating this lens. :thanks:
This build isn't expensive. Three LOC, C2, Mohgasm driver, they are cheap components.
The heatsink must be customized but for a experienced machinist that isn't really a challenge.

Behind the curtain I am working on a different tridot laser with single mode 638nm diodes. I need case neutral diodes for the Rook host and that rules out the LOC.

Peek-a-Boo
Predator%20Rook.jpg

Wow......... I see you? Lol behind the curtain. Blord in a hidden room soldering away with only the shadow of a Buddha in the red lit room. Muuuuuhaaaaaaahaaaaaaa...........sorry

Last edited:
I have never used line filters before. Maybe I should start investigating this lens. :thanks:
This build isn't expensive. Three LOC, C2, Mohgasm driver, they are cheap components.
The heatsink must be customized but for a experienced machinist that isn't really a challenge.

Behind the curtain I am working on a different tridot laser with single mode 638nm diodes. I need case neutral diodes for the Rook host and that rules out the LOC.

Peek-a-Boo
Predator%20Rook.jpg

Awesome!

Would you consider making two of these ?
*single mode 638nm

I have a very big smile on my face :D and that's not becouse a confirmation about my question.. but about the wonderfull world called lasers in general... and the skill with people building / desinging it.
Perhaps a trio set of custom made focus adapters is in order ? (sleek, small ,yet usefull and fit's the overal design)

Last edited:

gismo

"There are no limits to man's imagination. The lack of it is the only obstacle which prevents him to turn his ideas into reality."

Eagerly awaiting what the future brings, Blord;).

need to find a gear that will fit in that space between the three focus adapters. Or, I guess, a rubber band would work too, but less cool... Imagine, with a quick flick of the wrist, turns into a red flashlight for use in the dark to preserve your vision. Then, flick it back, and it turns into a red laser for use in the dark to obliterate one's vision! (Well, not really, because we're all responsible laserists, but the words just begged to be typed)

Last edited:

sinner

This is some amazing work, Perfect +1 I have 3x LPC Sleds right here I never thought i would need to use all three of them!

Insanity! Brilliant work as always Sir. You are one of the Forum Kings :beer: The Predator would be proud ;)

~ LB

Blord

Thanks all for the comments. I really appreciate it. :beer:

Would you consider making two of these ?
*single mode 638nm

I have only plans to make one Predator Rook but I will sell this only laser.
The laser in the picture is a prototype with three LOC and it went disastrous. All three the diode went LED. That is why I am planning to do triple 638nm diodes which are case neutral. :)

sinner

Sad to hear it happened , How do you plan on setting up the 2x 638's this time.. Boost driver should work with the diodes in series maybe?