Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tragedy!!!

possibly, it may be caught on the rocks though, I might as well try and have a look, I know of others who have found stuff that they have dropped.

Ash

the safety straps are a great idea, should have thought of that earlier. I guess if I can somehow get the laser out of the water and it still works, I will be able to truly verify O-like's claim that these things are waterproof. Going out today at low tide to see what I can do, wish me luck haha.
I can vouch that these are waterproof to a depth greater than the rayfoss ones. I took a red one in this same host down to ~4 meters in the ocean and it was still on, the rayfoss waterproof leaked at ~3 meters.
Good luck at low tide. A neodymium magnet (or neocube) on a small rope may be a good idea to try and fish it out, but if there are strong currents in that area, it may be washed far away from where you dropped it. :undecided:

Last edited:
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before!

Sorry for your loss.

Probably the fishes are palying with it right now.

I wish you all the best and that you'll hear only good news.

LaZeRz

Haha, those fish better be wearing safety goggles :p

goodluck trying to find your laser again!

That SUCKS!

Strong flashlight and some magnets... maybe worth a shot, probably a lost cause though.

I lost keys in a lake, and despite numerous dives to recover them didn't find them :(

One thing to consider... those little floating foam pieces.. if you're out by water a lot they can help. A wrist strap is better in this case though.

As a side, note, thanks for yet another confirmation on this laser... I'm thinking of ordering one from O-like.

yeah thanks for the concerns everyone, I'm headed to the docks at low tide in the morning to give it one last go, hopefully it works out. As far as O-like is concerned, I feel that they are solid, I would surely consider ordering from them again. If you do you just have to be patient, around 20-25 days from time of order to arriving at your door, not too bad considering it's from China, no complaints on my part at all. You get what you pay for, as always. -Matt

LaZeRz

nop, tied together to form "a surprise" well atleast for now and trust me its one cool surprise!