Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

toll free number for modwerx?

should modwerx get a toll free number?

• yes

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • no

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

Yeah it think it would be convenient so your customers could get direct support instead of waiting for replies on emails and such:)

the only down side im seeing is the same thing that happens here on the forum... n00bs wont search. its mainly going to be a voice mail service if i do so i can screen the n00b ?'s. i cant spend all day answering questions ya know.. ;) emails are easier for that.

Hey Drew....
you're asking is anyone wants FREE Money...

Yeah... I want some...:drool:

Jerry

lmn

I think so, it makes any business look a lot more professional.

Think about you for once in this one, will you cope with people calling all day asking "hey wuts dis diode do lol does it cut ppl like in james bondz?"?

Think about you for once in this one, will you cope with people calling all day asking "hey wuts dis diode do lol does it cut ppl like in james bondz?"?

thats why i want to use it for more of an answering service. id also leave a note on the site about that but for problems with orders id rather talk to people. like i said email can be useful for general questions but not through a phone call..

thats why i want to use it for more of an answering service. id also leave a note on the site about that but for problems with orders id rather talk to people. like i said email can be useful for general questions but not through a phone call..

I'd solve every problem via email (as I do with my clients) and if it really needs a phone conversation then just exchange numbers and call each other.

The thing with mail is that you can use canned responses for common questions.

i say NO.
e-mail and LPF is good enough support....questions are usually answered within a day anyways....i don't think there is a such thing as an "emergency" when it comes to a lpc or phr diode.....you'll just get swamped with people who want to ask stupid questions, or cry because they screwed up and killed their diodes.

lol the no's have it! so far its 6 no's to 3 yes'(i voted yes just to see the results) :)

if you do get one I recommend Google Voice. I already reserved a number if I ever want to put a number on my site... at the moment I don't want to, for all the reasons mentioned above.

good luck,
Ken

You should get the MagicJack. It's not a toll free number, but then again, who doesn't have free long distance/nation wide coverage on their cell phone.

Unless your want it for people to call you from all around the world.

magicJack
FYI: It's cheap and it works great!!

You could always just make the phone number available only to members, and returning customers to your website as opposed to any random kid who wants laser DIY.

lmn

if you do get one I recommend Google Voice. I already reserved a number if I ever want to put a number on my site... at the moment I don't want to, for all the reasons mentioned above.

good luck,
Ken

Everyone should get google voice! It's awesome

I like google voice too. However I vote no on the toll free number, email and lpf should be fine. Just wait till you get someone that won't get off the phone. Very time consuming