Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Time Tunnel

roosl

I think the name "TIME TUNNEL" came from the old TV show of that name. The program started with 2 or 3 people running up a ramp & diving into a "TIME TUNNEL" that sorta looks like the laser tunnel effect, & they wind up landing some place in the past or future for adventures. Am I the only one old enough to remember that TV show ?? GADS I MUST be old. Now, where did I leave my cane ??? LOL....rob
I was wondering that too. Oh yeah, we watched The Time Tunnel every Friday night, right after The Wild Wild West. Or was that Honey West? T.H.E. Cat, The Green Hornet? I apologize for going off topic!
:san:

Haha thanks anyway Dave, you don't need to give me rep for a basic little diagram like that :)

True Andy, as I posted: "(btw, it's just Tunnel, not Time Tunnel)"
I guess people think it's a Time Tunnel rather than just a tunnel because they imagine a portal or time machine or something like that to send out bursts of light. Who knows? Anyway, just Tunnel is correct..

some people think of a time tunnel because of the time machine in many movies
when looking at a laser tunnel, the effect is similar to the time machine effect

I watched a few videos on youtube of the time tunnel effect.

There was even a video on how to build the thing he used to make it.

However, he didn't really explain some stuff.

Is there a pictorial guide anywhere? If not, I'll try to make one when I do it.

just need a star cap on the tip of a laser pen. we have 5 different kinds of caps for 5 different constellation effects.

XysteR

My friend insists that with the 'Time tunnel' effect it is possible to travel not only anywhere in time, but anywhere in the universe. The effect of adding fog to the laser beam cone speeds up the time it takes you to get to a given destination by a few nanoseconds. Also the charged fog particles actually help speedup the accurate reforming of your body on an atomic level. Apparently it can help you get over the side effects of reformation much better than Scotch Whisky or smoking any known plant resins.

Something to try: If you take a small monkey inside the tunnel with you before you warp, it reduces your chances of turning yourself inside out by 50% You can simply up this percentage by 1% if you try hard to consider yourself to be akin to the 'heads' side of a small coin. It is said that Victoria, Queen of England is a 'dab-hand' at getting the full 51%

Don't be a fool and try to take 2 monkies with you, you will not, and i repeat not! get 33% Believe me, i tried and sadly i'm now 96.2% chimp

I thought anything with energy warped space-time, since the "time tunnel" is not necessarily wrong but then again we don't go around doing this calling things time paper clips or time salami etc... LOL

Just to note, this is a perfect use for those noobs who come on asking what kind of stuff they can get out of that cheap $5 dvd player that was built into their broken TV. I took one apart and found 3, count them, 3 simple DC motors. No complicated steppers, no fancy motors, just 3 identical red lead black lead motors.

Digged a little more to get the coated mirrors out, epoxied one to a motor, and voila!

I will say that very small angles make very large difference in circle size. Knowing this, I simply tried to align the mirror at 90* by eye, figuring I can't judge right-angles all that great with things this small anyways.

You are prolly going to hear this eventually so I will say it now--THERE is no such thing as a 'TIME TUNNEL' it is a Tunnel EFX-- no 'time' involved aside from the short time it takes to make this--about the most simple laser efx one can make. Any flat 12 v fan and a FS mirror(free inside flatbed scanners and poliroid one-step cameras) and a bit of glue--add a laser and some fog/smoke -- bang-- a tunnel.

not rocket surgery....

Hah, indeed, I've already heard that correction multiple times. I think where it comes from is those old documentaries about dying, and you see a tunnel with a light at the end, etc., and it looks just like those horrible special effects tunnels. Perhaps instead of time tunnels or light tunnels, we should call them "Death Tunnels."

how about 'Trip Tunnel' or 'Circular Liquid Sky'or 'Laser Tunnel'??

Hi Oisterboy
I know i am bit late but i have a idea for making a tunnel. Do you know this batteries powered whisk to produce Latte Macchiato? They are perfect. Just fix a little mirror in front and you get a amazing Laser tunnel.

Here a Picure of it.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20100813.jpg
    Snapshot_20100813.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 111