Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thoughts on XM360

Yeah I hate even the mention of wicked lasers, makes me cringe inside. I have to explain everything to people, who for some reason believe they are illegal.

Razako

That guy is so dumb in general. He talks about how he had to buy these exotic wicked lasers for over 2x the MSRP because they're illegal to import now. A SIMPLE SEARCH would have led him to companies like JL/Sanwu/etc where he could have gotten more powerful lasers far cheaper. I hate how idiots like that will get millions of youtube subs just for doing stupid crap on video.

I feel all you. It is so annoying when people spend 5 minutes blabbering how they got the most powerful laser pointer in the world. Makes me want to tell them about nubm44 builds but I never will as they will buy one and let their cat chase it, then sue me and buy another wicked :crackup: It's problebly better anyways to have the general public think a 1-3 watt laser is the most powerful anyways. The people who see that phrase on wicked lasers site and turn around and buy one are the people that should not be using class 4 lasers. It's for the best if they believe the only high powers laser is no longer available.

I feel all you. It is so annoying when people spend 5 minutes blabbering how they got the most powerful laser pointer in the world. Makes me want to tell them about nubm44 builds but I never will as they will buy one and let their cat chase it, then sue me and buy another wicked :crackup: It's problebly better anyways to have the general public think a 1-3 watt laser is the most powerful anyways. The people who see that phrase on wicked lasers site and turn around and buy one are the people that should not be using class 4 lasers. It's for the best if they believe the only high powers laser is no longer available.

yeah no joke man, so many morons out there, in fact I've actually got several friends that want me to build them a monster laser in the "super insane non existence but seriously should be Class 5 category" lol, but those are the same friends that I wouldn't even trust with a 10mw.

XM360

I'm actually really glad this thread was made, as I love to hear feedback from the laser community! And ya, I definitely hear where you guys are coming from with the talk of IR and low quality glasses. I try my best to use my videos to strike a balance between the very knowledgeable members here at LPF, and the not as laser-educated general consumer. I do know a bit more of the technical stuff than I reveal in my reviews, but I try my best to review in a way that can please laser hobbyists without intimidating the newcomers. Let's face it, these people will buy high powered lasers with or without us, so I do my best to at least brief them on the basic do's and don'ts. If anybody has a good suggestion for some reasonably priced safety glasses I can link to my subscribers, I'd love to pass that info along! And I'd love to hear more feedback from you guys too!
-Nick

Razako

I'm actually really glad this thread was made, as I love to hear feedback from the laser community! And ya, I definitely hear where you guys are coming from with the talk of IR and low quality glasses. I try my best to use my videos to strike a balance between the very knowledgeable members here at LPF, and the not as laser-educated general consumer. I do know a bit more of the technical stuff than I reveal in my reviews, but I try my best to review in a way that can please laser hobbyists without intimidating the newcomers. Let's face it, these people will buy high powered lasers with or without us, so I do my best to at least brief them on the basic do's and don'ts. If anybody has a good suggestion for some reasonably priced safety glasses I can link to my subscribers, I'd love to pass that info along! And I'd love to hear more feedback from you guys too!
-Nick
Hi, glad to see you here on this forum. I can definitely see where you're coming from safety wise. You gotta keep the videos at a level between the noobs and pros to appease the general youtube audience. As for cheap safety glasses, that's kinda hard. Eagle pair goggles are what I use, and they're the forum standard so to speak. They cost around $40+ for a pair though. The laser goggles on ebay can be cheaper, but I don't know much about their quality. Outside of the IR issue I think your videos are good as far as safety is concerned. Whenever you're using them outside you mention to be careful so as to not attract negative attention and such.

I've enjoyed most of your laser videos. I think you did a video on the THOR MII at one point which is what got me to buy that particular laser. My only suggestion would be to try and review some products from Jetlasers or Sanwu. They sell very high quality lasers at competitive prices They're a much better deal than needing to pay obscene prices on an ebay wicked laser.

tommy

-Nick

amazing to see you're here! i loved your videos, it's a good channel to review different lasers. i'll expect more interesting ways to test lasers :beer:

-Nick

Wasn't expecting you here! Glad to see you appreciate the advice, and are looking to improve the vids. As many others have stated, I would try to move on from wicked lasers. For most people, they are impractical or impossible to get, and don't show the full potential the hobby can have. I would be especially careful with stressing safety for these, as the common consumer could go out and buy one, and some of them are certainly death rays. I haven't bought one of Sanwu's Lasers before, but I have heard nothing but great things. Id recommend their one watt greenie. You'l get a much better laser than WL's 520, and it will blow anything you have ever seen out of the water. I have a 1.3 watt 520, and it is just unreal. Be warned they can get hot fast and may need frequent breaks. Thinking back, you certainly do a decent job with safety, and if there is anything I would say, it would be to go more in depth on glasses, mentioning how the cheap ones are really not the best, warn about reflections, and handle the beam a little more carefully outside. I would love to see some fresh stuff on the channel, espically considering how good the quality of your vids is, and I hope you take some of these ideas into consideration.

Attachments

• IMG_7785.JPG
    IMG_7785.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 41
To add fuel to the fire :eg: has anyone seen this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL6fn6OGXUY This guy (Jay Peoples aka Warrior tactical Lasers) points a 50 watt diode bank directly at his Wife/Girlfriend. In the comments, someone said this video upset the community, but I have been unable to dig anything up. Anyone know more about this?

Thanks, Connor
That's the same guy that separated me from 200 ish bucks for a laser that worked maybe for a week and a half.

To add fuel to the fire :eg: has anyone seen this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL6fn6OGXUY This guy (Jay Peoples aka Warrior tactical Lasers) points a 50 watt diode bank directly at his Wife/Girlfriend. In the comments, someone said this video upset the community, but I have been unable to dig anything up. Anyone know more about this?

Thanks, Connor
GET THE KITTY ? That moron is chasing animals around with that ! What a waste of skin....... :yabbmad:

i think it was actually XM360s first laser review on the 303 that eventually pushed me over the edge and led me to finally get into lasers. ive been all over lasers for years thanks to kipkay but it was only last year when i bought my first hobby level laser

-Nick
OH YES i remember you now ! I like your reviews and i bought my first burning laser a Thor M II after watching your review on it ! The video where you burned your finger with a match and dropped it into the sink that you wisely prepared with water just in case ! lol

Last edited:
Can't believe this thread has suddenly sprung back to life after 3 months. My first class 4 laser was also a Thor MII. You can't deny that ebay lasers play a very important role in this hobby.