Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thoughts on Cubote?

Hey all.
I have to say, I'm both intrigued and sceptical about the new sponsor Cubote. The price for their lasers is nice, as well as the discount they're offering to members.
Although, I haven't seen a single post about them here on the companies board, so I don't know what to think of them.
Does anyone have any input on them? My friend just ordered a 445nm from lucklasers last week, and should be delivered say around Friday here in the US. If I don't hear anything about Cubate, I may just go with them, providing my pal's experience is good. They seem to be on the up and up.

ARG

The cubote advert is new, if anyone has purchased from them I doubt they have received their laser.

I've yet to see a "Cubote" ad. Just the usual Toplasers ads. Also, the one Sci-Fi laser ad as well.

Last edited:
Yeah. Sounds "kinda" like a grass roots startup, garage kind of thing, which I like. I'd just like to see some more out of them before I take a plunge is all.

sinner

It is good we are having new laser companies since our last ones went to shit , all in last year.

upaa27

It is good we are having new laser companies since our last ones went to shit , all in last year.

Hopefully it isn't one of those companies as that gold plated one looks pretty sick.

Kinda sketchy though

Last edited:
Sorry if I seem like spam or a shill or something (seeing as I haven't made a welcome post yet) but I ordered one of their cheap $14.99 405nm just to see if they would ship me anything and if it actually works.

Some of their posts on here are sketchy and after I ordered,they added a "cycling jersey" category to their site which made me nervous. (If anyone knows what cycling jerseys have to do with lasers,I'd still like to know).

Another thing that caught me as odd was all of their product reviews were good and posted within a few days of each other. My order number was also 00000001 which make me sound like order number one.

Well anyway I ordered on August 30th and it just arrived here in the US yesterday,September 10th. Pretty fast shipping for free from China. It was wrapped in a couple thin layers of bubble wrap inside a small crushed white box.

Cubote also has ok customer service. They responded to multiple emails within hours with some broken English but it was understandable.

Now for the laser itself. I don't have an LPM but their 100mw 405nm "GT88" is bright enough to just barely see the beam in a completely dark room and it slowly etches into cardboard. The build is obviously going to be subpar since the laser itself is 15 bucks but it feels pretty solid in the hand. I've heard about the saftly lock mechanisms on some cheap models being loose and expected the same. I was surprised when it had a nice solid snap to it.

The only other laser I have is a 1W 445nm 501b from thejoker301 so I don't pretend to be an expert but for how cheap it is(I'm surprised the laser even worked) I'm pleased. I don't recommend spending a lot of money on their products just yet,maybe a few legitimate test other than my lame review.

So my first impression is one more Chinese laser site. I'll order another cheapish laser from them and see how that experience compares with this.

Hope this helps

Actually, that's really appreciated info. I decided my first laser would be bought, not built. I'll wait on #2 for that kind of fun.
Thanks!

upaa27

Yeah thanks for the small review man. Really good input. I didn't expect you to even receive the laser!

Might give cubote a try :D

+rep

Though your first post is supposed to be in the welcome section, I'll give ya a + rep anyway for a good short review on a brand new company. :gj:

Guys, these posts by cubote are paid ads (or at least the first one was). Ads. Thats all it is.

ARG

Guys, these posts by cubote are paid ads (or at least the first one was). Ads. Thats all it is.

The sticky post and announcement were paid. The rest of his posts are not paid ads.

Last edited:
Ah , ok. i wasn't sure about that, which is why i said
(or at least the first one was)

Thanks for clearing that up :)
Their prices are really low...A 1W 445 in the standard rifle host is like 70$. However, I don't think its smart to waste money on it. I doubt the legitimacy of their products.

Ah , ok. i wasn't sure about that, which is why i said

Thanks for clearing that up :)
Their prices are really low...A 1W 445 in the standard rifle host is like 70$. However, I don't think its smart to waste money on it. I doubt the legitimacy of their products.

As a dealer, I can tell you that it is possible, and there is even a rather reasonable margin for profit. You will be awed about how cheap things can be made in China.

Last edited:
Though your first post is supposed to be in the welcome section, I'll give ya a + rep anyway for a good short review on a brand new company. :gj:

Meh, I've never seen the point of welcome posts. It's always the same ol' thing: "Hi, I'm new." "Oh hi, you're new, look at these links." "Oh thanks, I'll look at them even though I don't care, and you won't remember me anyway."

I'd rather have someone jump in with something useful (like above) and not waste everyone's time with formalities.