Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

This thread is useless now...

Re: What's the market for the 1 Watt 445nm diodes from the XJ-A140?

Lol Proto that was at Pontiac

Lets be friends :gh:

@AAron, Sweet deal bro, the biggest thing is to take your time, and if it doesn't look right, redo it.

What exactly is there to redo in extracting diodes? What could possibly not look right? And furthermore, if something did not look right, what could you possibly do about it?

Or did you just mean the shipping labels?

Aaron

Wow, all these posts in so little time! its almost overwhelming for a newbie like me :D

I was talking about making lasers so he doesnt mess up, such as solder connections.

Yeah It's tricky to get the posts in the right order.

I think what toaster had meant was that we all seem to get in a rush for our first "hi powered 445nm laser build" and we rush the important stuff (like testing)
Taking a few extra minutes with the dummy load or getting your "helping hand" just right before you solder a connection will likely mean the difference between pretty blue light and "AWW DAMN! Well, that was a waste"

Aaron

I think what toaster had meant was that we all seem to get in a rush for our first "hi powered 445nm laser build" and we rush the important stuff (like testing)
Taking a few extra minutes with the dummy load or getting your "helping hand" just right before you solder a connection will likely mean the difference between pretty blue light and "AWW DAMN! Well, that was a waste"

Very well put. +1 rep for you :)

I'm might sell 2 diode arrays @ 30.00 a diode when you get
Both arrays.

I love it. You try to do a service for the community help out and you get people that want to tell you that you are going "ape-shit" on the price. $6 to extract, package, deal with all the PM's, and drive my happy ass to the post office for this. I am pretty close to just saying forget it.:undecided:

Don't listen to the naysayers Jordan, you are doing a great service to us all! Considering all the steps someone has to go through to harvest these diodes, WITHOUT damaging them, and to receive said product very well packaged? It's a no brainer to me, we are getting them at an absolute bargain!:bowdown:

jakeGT

dtr and anyone else taking apart a f'ing projector to let people that dont have 850 dollars, dont have the skills, dont have the time, dont have the blah blah blah... to make one hell of a kick ass laser that has astounded,amazed, and dropped every jaw on every single person I have ever shown my 1w laser to is just phenomenal. dont stop what your doing. dont listen to idiots. what im trying to get at is $200 for these lasers is amazing. if nobody else would do it i would pay $100 a diode just to keep them circulating(or at least in my house)

i think its awesome and amazing how peoples projectors, dvd players, blu-rays whatever can be turned into something 1,000,000 times cooler ....

I don't quite understand some people's thoughts.

Reputable and experienced guys on this forum take the time and use a lot of patience to order a projector, harvest the diodes, package them and mail them to their respective owners. Stop sitting and trying to calculate the profit made by each projector. Yes, there is a significant profit made, but have you ever considered what kind of diode you are getting? At first there was that whole 445 madness. Everyone was ordering diodes in bulk( myself included ), and this was a historical moment for laserists I can tell. So, stop bitching about the profit of the seller and consider the great diodes you are getting for the price. I mean, who would ever imagine a BLUE diode capable of doing 2+ W ? I don't know but anything capable of producing that powerful light under $50 is a wonder. I was going to quit the hobby because there was common stuff around, but when I heard about these diodes I ordered new hosts and drivers and continued building lasers. Do not ignore how great these diodes are.

Peter

Last edited:

jakeGT

thats what i was saying, IMHO $50 for these diodes is kicking these guys in the nuts and TAKING Them from them.. out of ten friends ive shown my 1w 445 to TEN have offered me money on the spot. HOW MUCH? i got $200 right here right now. I do not want to give it to them though because for one i love it and 2 the only other pointer theyve seen is a 1mw red from walmart. if projectors got banned and it was an under the table operation like sellin crack or somethin id still buy one for 100 dollars. no doubt in my mind.

and thanks to DTR and everyone else for doin what they're doin and KEEP on doin it guys! lord knows my paycheck has nothing else to do except for lasers!

thats what i was saying, IMHO $50 for these diodes is kicking these guys in the nuts and TAKING Them from them.. out of ten friends ive shown my 1w 445 to TEN have offered me money on the spot. HOW MUCH? i got $200 right here right now. I do not want to give it to them though because for one i love it and 2 the only other pointer theyve seen is a 1mw red from walmart. if projectors got banned and it was an under the table operation like sellin crack or somethin id still buy one for 100 dollars. no doubt in my mind.

and thanks to DTR and everyone else for doin what they're doin and KEEP on doin it guys! lord knows my paycheck has nothing else to do except for lasers!

Agreed on everything you said. I just want to add that I don't want to sell a 1 W laser to my friends cos they are not aware of the risk and danger involved. I could make a lot of money though but then again my laser could blind many others and risk being reported for providing the "weapon" :( So, no thanks, ill keep overpowered lasers for myself and just do demonstrations :beer:

jakeGT

Exactly they said let's go shine it at cars of mess with people and I was like HAHAHA not funny. Dumbass drunk friends

I showed 6 people my latest 445 tonight, 3 were guys, 3 were trying to put money in my hand.
To their credit they were very careful but my caution inspired theirs as well.
If you show it off casually but still know where NOT to point it, it is very different from taking every precaution, stressing "this will pop a balloon from 15 feet away, what do you think it could do to your eyes?"
A bit of "fear" at the beginning of a hobby with lasers could easily save you some costly accidents.
One of the guys' first question was about where he could get safety goggles and if I could sell him one then.
Seemed like a good, careful guy. Might make him up a hot option kit.
I am pretty careful with all of my lasers, even the low powered ones and would never actually do this but I still catch myself driving at night and thinking "turn off your hi beams buddy, or you'll be sorry" :crackup: