Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

This is diffrent.

daguin

I agree that it is a "cool" concept, but it would fit better in the "off topic" board.

Unless you plan on heating the pistons with lasers instead of alcohol flames ;)

Peace,
dave

seen one of these is person used to power trains, interesting but i prefer more powerful engines

I used to make those at one time, I lost them all in a house fire..... I had visions of them all running as the house disintigrated around them.

Regards rog8811

I used to make those at one time, I lost them all in a house fire..... I had visions of them all running as the house disintigrated around them.

Regards rog8811

That's not funny, but at the same time it's a little funny.. All those little stirlings chugging away.

That's not funny, but at the same time it's a little funny
It took a few years for it to become funny.

I had spent 2 years on an experimental 4 cylinder "swashplate" stirling engine and just about perfected it...then it was gone:cryyy:

The only engine from that era I still have is a spirit fired traction engine which happened to be in the shed, still under construction when the house burnt down. That was 20 years ago...it is still not finished:whistle:

Regards rog8811

HIMNL9

made a pair of them in the past ..... actually, i think they're collecting dust in some places, but really don't remember where i put them (my home is a mess, LOL)

The principle is funny, anyway.

LOL, just had a demential idea ..... paint AR black the heat chamber, fire it with a laser, then use a RPM meter ..... calibrate the RPM meter scale in mW, more RPM, more laser power ..... :whistle: ROTFL :crackup:

Ok, ok, stop shooting me, please, it was a joke :D