Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

ThermoElectric Coolers (TECs)

I really like the work that is being done with these diodes and peltiers! You guys did a great job mounting these in place like that.

--DDL

Oh, Well I never knew they were made of ceramic.
If they were flexible that would be AWESOME!

chimo,
You mean he helped you out get the little ones lke we have? I hope so. I noticed as of this post there are only 3 left.

Yep!

Gazoo said:
chimo,
You mean he helped you out get the little ones lke we have? I hope so. I noticed as of this post there are only 3 left.

Good, I am happy to know this. Thanks. And welcome to the mini peltier club..

Thanks, for a while, I was contemplating cutting up my larger Peltier (92Watt - 40mm x 40mm) and creating some small ones (I may still do that :)).

Paul

Gazoo said:
Good, I am happy to know this. Thanks. And welcome to the mini peltier club..

Chimo --

I may still try cutting one up - You have to study the connection paths.
Now the trick - How do you cut the two planes of ceramic ?? I don't know if a Dremmel tool with mini cut-off wheel will touch that stuff !! What's your plan ?

Mike

Off the top of my head, I was thinking a dremel with a diamond wheel. I also have some diamond impregnated files.

I thought about it first, when I saw a pic of a disassembled TEC. I was thinking about slicing down 2 or 4 rows. Perhaps even stacking two or three of them for fun.

Paul

Hemlock Mike said:
Chimo --

I may still try cutting one up - You have to study the connection paths.
Now the trick - How do you cut the two planes of ceramic ??  I don't know if a Dremmel tool with mini cut-off wheel will touch that stuff !!  What's your plan ?

Mike

Hey Chimo --

I forgot about my diamond cutters DUH - Why did I buy them anyway ??

Those in a steady hand might work !!!

Thanks -- Mike

My TEC Arrive in the mail today! It freezes water, and it boils it too... It also seems like it melted the solder on the top... cuz when I put water on it, it kinda changed the shape of the top of it... it still works great though. I wasn't even sending 5 Volts through it, I didn't check it's mAs though. I guess that means I need to solder up that driver circuit so I can put it all into a project box. well, that's all I've got for an update for now.

yep they are awesome little things! i just found one out in my garage, but it has little chips on the side. it should be allright though.

Glad you got it... :) You will only need less than 200ma's to keep your diode cool. Notice the sticky concerning condensation. The dew point calculator is useful. But as long as you keep it a bit cooler than room temperature, it will not condensate.

anyone still have a peltier i can buy?

i wish i could have gotten one of the Marlow Industries DOUBLE STACKED Peltier Junctions MODEL number SP1950-0AC >:(

know where i can get one of these?

eric

i have a couple? i have a 33.4 watt one, a 51.4 watt one and a 68 watt one. they are all 40mmX40mm, and are sealed. PM me if interested!

Back