Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Zeus are here!

Snecho

Thank you Snecho.

You make it sound like I am leaving the forums, that’s not the case, I will be very much around. Just not posting questions that have been answered ad-nausea.

Ok while you are very new I guess but, I am now more familiar with the search options, and I don’t want to bore the knowledgeable regulars with stuff I can now find. But, I’ll won’t posting as much, only when I think I can contribute, like I did this afternoon. Or I get really stuck.

Having ready build powerful lasers and building one yourself is a different thing altogether, and If I can’t find the low power diodes, I will more likely pull them from cheap units. There are things that can only be learnt with practice, and I don’t want to burn anything or injure myself when things inevitably go south while I work and learn.

Cheers!
Sounds good man!

There are plenty of under 5 mW diodes. In red there is the ML101U29 that is under $3.00 each on eBay. You can get ten for something like $20.00 to $25.00. We have over driven them to 200 mW, but they were meant as CD player diodes. You can drive them under 5 mW as their threshold is quite low.

Edited for spelling error.

Last edited:

Snecho

There are plenty of under 5 mW diodes. In red there is the ML101U29 that is under $3.00 each on eBay. You can get ten for something like $20.00 to $25.00. We have over driven them to 200 mW, but they were meant as CD player diodes. You can dive them under 5 mW as their threshold is quite low.
Oh ok. I was just going by jnrpop's list of laser diodes thread. Thanks for the info Paul.

You have any with Ophir heads Paul?

Psst, there is a certain member selling a very nice Ophir LPM here that looks appealing to me but I'm not 100% :)

Hi, The member is Brendon with the LPM for sale, I think it was said it was made by Offroadfreak another member. If you buy an LPM from Jerry ( J.Bauer Electronics ). then buy an Ohir head it must be sent to Jerry for calibration to work properly with his LPM.
But Jerry make great head units and response time is quick. I have 3or4 of jerry's units , The 7W version I have has data logging to were the RTA10 does not .He even has a small 9Volt operated unit that measure up to 200mW' and is used with a DDM for read out.
Rich:)

ManCave

There are plenty of under 5 mW diodes. In red there is the ML101U29 that is under $3.00 each on eBay. You can get ten for something like $20.00 to $25.00. We have over driven them to 200 mW, but they were meant as CD player diodes. You can drive them under 5 mW as their threshold is quite low.

Edited for spelling error.
Thank you Paul.
I am a bit of a hoarder and have quite a few portable CD players in the attic dating back from the 80’s. Also, even more computer cd readers/writers from the 90’s and onwards. I guess I can always mine a few from that stock to start with.
Cheers.

Thank you Paul.
I am a bit of a hoarder and have quite a few portable CD players in the attic dating back from the 80’s. Also, even more computer cd readers/writers from the 90’s and onwards. I guess I can always mine a few from that stock to start with.
Cheers.
That is always an option. I like using new diodes, and considering the price of these, you don't need to spend much to get a few unused ones.

ManCave

That is always an option. I like using new diodes, and considering the price of these, you don't need to spend much to get a few unused ones.
Unfortunatel, they’re not easily available in the u.k... so, more import charges which I hate to pay just on principle. I literally have like maybe 15 cd-rw’s and about 5 portable cd players. I think It will be fun to pull them, and not too upsetting when I fry them experimenting. 😉

Snecho

Unfortunatel, they’re not easily available in the u.k... so, more import charges which I hate to pay just on principle. I literally have like maybe 15 cd-rw’s and about 5 portable cd players. I think It will be fun to pull them, and not too upsetting when I fry them experimenting. 😉
My first attempt at lasers years ago was an RW laser diode. I failed miserably lol. 🤣🤣

Last edited:

ManCave

My first attempt as lasers years ago was an RW laser diode. I failed miserably lol. 🤣🤣
Yeah, I can envision many catastrophic failures before I reach my eureka moment. I though I might have to buy a few cheap donor lasers to begin with, but then I remembered what I have in the attic. So, I think those will be a good starting point.
Once I unlock the secrets of building a good stable unit, I’ll start forking out money for better quality diodes.
Cheers.

thomas soga172

[QUOTE =“ Snecho,帖子:1572597,成員:59157”]
在最近進行了很多研究之後,我個人需要獲得LPM,因此我個人推薦配備Ophir傳感器頭的LaserBee。響應時間只有幾秒鐘,如果散熱良好,可以持續測量高達20W的功率,您可以通過LaserBee單元獲得數據記錄軟件。考慮到它是工業級傳感器頭,您一生中可能永遠不需要再購買LPM。:)

費用是由Jerry [USER = 11992] @lasersbee [/ USER]算出來的...

他可能只用一個LaserBee裝置為您設置了一個不帶傳感器的折扣,然後您就可以花250美元得到一個二手的Ophir頭。總而言之,最貴的大概是$ 350- $ 400。
[/引用]
After doing much research recently as I need to get an LPM myself, I would personally recommend a LaserBee outfitted with an Ophir sensor head. Response time is a only few seconds, can measure up to 20W for a duration if heatsinked well, and you'd get the data logging software via the LaserBee unit. Considering it is an industrial grade sensor head, you probably won't ever need to buy another LPM in your life. :)

The cost is something to be worked out with Jerry @lasersbee though...

He could probably set you up with just a LaserBee unit without a sensor for discount, and then you could get a used Ophir head for maybe $250. All in all, the most you'd probably be looking at around $350-$400.

Hello, I need this plan, but I do n’t know how to contact, can you tell me, because I do n’t know how to contact "Jerry @lasersbee"。
Thank you, I really need it urgently。

thomas soga172

After doing much research recently as I need to get an LPM myself, I would personally recommend a LaserBee outfitted with an Ophir sensor head. Response time is a only few seconds, can measure up to 20W for a duration if heatsinked well, and you'd get the data logging software via the LaserBee unit. Considering it is an industrial grade sensor head, you probably won't ever need to buy another LPM in your life. :)

He could probably set you up with just a LaserBee unit without a sensor for discount, and then you could get a used Ophir head for maybe $250. All in all, the most you'd probably be looking at around $350-$400.
Hello, I need this plan, but I do n’t know how to contact, can you tell me, because I do n’t know how to contact "Jerry @lasersbee"。
Thank you, I really need it urgently。

thomas soga172

[QUOTE =“ Snecho,帖子:1574097,成員:59157”]
轉到他的網站並使用“聯繫我們”按鈕。

非常感謝你。
我們已寫信聯繫。
等待新聞...

bertha

Nice looking lasers
o.png

I don't think so... We don't do "one off Custom Builds"....:confused:
See here...
https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/does-ophir-work-with-laserbee.105939/#post-1574285

Jerry