Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Wavelength Thread

Okay, so, I was bored, and decided to make a thread with all possible visible wavelengths listed. I have included diode, DPSS, and gas wavelengths.

Spreadsheet

TODO:
  • Dye Lasers
  • Tunable Solid State Lasers
  • All xenon ion wavelengths (couldn't find them)
  • Possibly UV & IR too (would be a ton of work though)

If you would like something added, please ask!

Last edited:

Interesting idea, I can work on adding the hex colors. I'll also ask Avery to make this a "sticky" since this is pretty important for a hobby based on different light waves ;)

-Alex

Last edited:
You know, it is things like this that make me truly enjoy this community. People are willing to embark on such projects, not for personal gain, but because it benefits us all. Thank you for your hard work!:thanks:

The dye and Ti:Sapph are going to be a pretty big project. I wish you the best of luck! I could help you find some obscure WLs if you want. :)

Also, any chance you found all 24 HeSe wavelengths?

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you! I like to do research on stuff, so I figured it would be nice to make something useful to all of us about it

I could help you find some obscure WLs if you want.

Also, any chance you found all 24 HeSe wavelengths?

Some obscure wavelengths would be nice. I already found a few today so I will add those.
And nope, haven't thought of HeSe yet. Added to the todo list (which is already getting quite big :p)

Last edited:

Gabe

I agree Vanillah. Very good idea doubleone, would rep if I could. Hey, isn't there that new like 4-5W diode that runs at 468? I think you could add diode along with gas in that wavelength. :)

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Very nice comprehensive list so far, good job! :)
There are a few additional wavelengths on CNI's site. -HERE-

There are diodes for pretty much everything from 375nm to 530nm. Most of them cost an eye and a leg ;)

Davidx

Great sticky. So many wavelengths to collect. Looks like the nieces and nephews will be inheriting a laser collection, as opposed to cash and other assets.

Time to make another donation to this great forum

This post is awesome lots of hard work involved in research. Kudos to you buddy I'm sure you made a lot of folks here on the forum very happy. What a go to post for reference lost my breath when i opened it. Yes Yes Sticky material no doubt. Hey if i could Rep i would pal.
Great work :))