Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The thread about "real" goggles/glasses. . .

Ref

Quick check of my red enhancement glasses, and at 405nm.
Not much light passes through the red plastic.
Input: 4mW
Output: 30uW, or less (quick measurement with my 3Watt Ophir Head, Vega meter.
Therefore OD of them at 405nm ~ 2 to 3.
I just tested my 455nm against the DeWalt brand laser enhancement glasses I purchased ages ago for green protection. I was measuring 190mW without, and the lens brings it down to 2-5mW (some of that being the heat from my hand being near the sensor. I recorded a video to follow...

Attachments

• meter.AVI
    14.7 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:

I'll put in another recommendation for these particular safety glasses.

Looks like the exact same "Style 35" ARG LaserShields I have from NoIR:

NoIR LaserShields Style 35
Filter Argon/KTP-EN207 (ARG)

They have a very good OD 7+ rating all the way from 190nm-532nm.

NoIR provides actual specifications, graphs and EC certificates:

http://www.noirlaser.com/pdf/ARG.pdf
http://www.noirlaser.com/pdf/certificates/ARG_certificate.pdf

AND they won't make you look like a big dork. :yh:

The cheap safety glasses many of the laser hobby vendors sell look like bad news to me...

Last edited:
what glasses would ineed for a 1w 447 and a 1w 445. is there just one pair that i can get that can cover them both ?

Anyone knows what level of protection you can expect from o-like & rayfoss glasses, does any one have them ?

o-like glasses
Rayfoss glasses

They seem to be the same from picture & specs.

They do look the same, but one vendor says 190nm-550nm and the other says 370-560nm. Neither list a filter material, a manufacturer, any specific approvals or test results...just a $12 pair of mystery Chinese safety glasses with what might as well be make-believe specs.

Compare that to the glasses both "Things" and I have recommended that cost less than $80. Which would you rather trust to protect you from an accidental exposure that could permanently blind you?

does anyone know if the glasses that come with the Arctic are worth a crap? If they are ok, then don't really need another pair yet. but if they suck or aren't high enough OD i'd gladly shell out the cash for a respectable pair.

Btw i also bought a pair of 405nm glasses from WL for my S1 Sonar laser i also ordered, will these be acceptable for 445nm? I know generally the goggles work within a fairly broad range and those 2 lasers are fairly close, but 1W is a lot of power.

boscoj

I thought I would post my Arctic glasses observations here . . .

as not to clog a thread which may or may not be deleted with glasses pics . . .

I noticed the glasses pics on the Maximum PC page . . . strange stuff . . . especially after having just paid about $180 for two pair of NOIR shades . . .

The first pic shows what appear to be two (maybe even four) NOIR style #35 shades just behind the Arctic . . .

sm_img_9990.jpg

The second pic shows one NOIR style #35 top left and three other shades I don't recognize=noob . . . In fact it looks like the shades in the top left actually say NOIR right next to the CE symbol?

med_img_9988.jpg

So I went and took some pics of my new shades from NOIR . . .

ARG right . . .

P1000186.JPG

ARG left . . .

P1000187.JPG

AL2 right

P1000188.JPG

AL2 left

P1000189.JPG

I guess I overpaid but NOIR had all their ducks in a row, great customer service . . . I felt comfortable spending money with them . . .

please discuss . . . :thanks:

Last edited:

boscoj

Re: I thought I would post my Arctic glasses observations here . . .

crap I thought I was posting this in the real laser shades post . . .

or plea for eye safety . . .

can someone move it or do whatever they want with it please?

or just make me a mod so I can delete my lame threads . . . I have plenty of free time . . .

damn I suck at vbull . . .

Last edited:

crap I thought I was posting this in the real laser shades post . . .

or plea for eye safety . . .

can someone move it or do whatever they want with it please?

damn I suck at vbull . . .

I am pretty sure from talking to maximum pc that they had a couple of the high end laser shades already

boscoj

huh, well it looks like 4 older ARG style #35's (white lens printing?) in the first pic and then 1 in the second pic . . .

I am pretty sure from talking to maximum pc that they had a couple of the high end laser shades already

M4Real

What kind of glasses/goggles come with the Arctic? Any pics?

boscoj

nobody has posted pics of the glasses yet to my knowledge . . . except MaxPC but we don't know what actually ships and what they are, how they perform . . .

What kind of glasses/goggles come with the Arctic? Any pics?

nobody has posted pics of the glasses yet to my knowledge . . . except MaxPC but we don't know what actually ships and what they are, how they perform . . .

These are the same glasses that everyone has been receiving. You can see them in every unboxing video/thread that is on the internet.