Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The " Sky Blue Ramjet" build

Wow I never should have taken a break from the hobby/forum I missed so many many amazing things. That dragons head looks so nice it makes my diode look like a flashlight!

If you don't mind me asking what are the focal lengths of those 2 cylindrical lenses you used to tame the red and what about the ones you plan to use to tame this new 470nm?

Thanx ! The magnification is 6X....I will have to look up the FL on each lens !!...and I am sure the magnification on the Dragon's Head is also 6X.

I have preferred and have used 6X for years. I just do not think that 4X will correct as well as 6X.

The Cylindricals used on the Dragon's Head are just a much smaller set than the current lenses being used on the SBRamjet. :beer::beer::beer:

Now All you need is someone to cut that glass down.

HHmmmm....while smaller Cylindrical lenses....if they are 6X....will work just fine !! IMNSHO....they are just a PITA to work with.

The smaller optics jump outa my fingers like Jumping Beans....and I am of the opinion that they are more challenging to align. Things are hard enough with these larger lenses.

The only thing to be gained....is that the smaller lenses would fit into a tighter build interior...Meh...screw it....For me....I will stick with the larger glass !:eg:

Well...here ya go....See the pics...the HSOP is now sporting the CU Full body module with the NUBM07E + G2 lens.

The Cylinderical lens pair optics are just sitting there, not yet epoxied down.....and the driver still needs to be mounted....but...functionally....all things fit and work !!

All things are working per the plan !! Wow !! HAhahaha....mmm...." Even a blind dog finds a bone" :drool:

Soon ....you will see some night beam shots...Of course...no public display...and no sky shots....forbidden it is !!

This build has been a great deal of fun !!...and this color is really beautiful !!!:eg::eg::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Attachments

• HSOP testing 2.jpg
    HSOP testing 2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 174
  • HSOP testing 3.jpg
    HSOP testing 3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 119
  • HSOP testing 4.jpg
    HSOP testing 4.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 150
  • HSOP testing 1.jpg
    HSOP testing 1.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Gabe

That's really cool, you don't see a lot of handheld hosts with corrective optics like that. That's what CDBeam is about, unique builds and pushing the limits of the frontier!

That's really cool, you don't see a lot of handheld hosts with corrective optics like that. That's what CDBeam is about, unique builds and pushing the limits of the frontier!

That's me...See the pic ! Hahahahahahaha ..... King of the Wild Frontier !! :drool::drool::drool:

But....never too serious...for too long !!! :wave::wave::wave:

Thanx for the comments !:D:D:D

Attachments

• 1955 Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier adapted 5.jpg
    1955 Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier adapted 5.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 95

Gabe

That's me...See the pic ! Hahahahahahaha ..... King of the Wild Frontier !! :drool::drool::drool:

But....never too serious...for too long !!! :wave::wave::wave:

Thanx for the comments !:D:D:D

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: ahahahhahaahhahahahaa
We're you originally gonna be cast as Davy Crockett? Got some access to the unreleased artwork, I see.

time to spread rep

Last edited:
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: ahahahhahaahhahahahaa
We're you originally gonna be cast as Davy Crockett? Got some access to the unreleased artwork, I see.

time to spread rep

Yea....That's right....Missed it....by that much !!!!

I suppose wearing a Raccoon Cap is not PC these days....Hahahaha... Who cares !!! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

But...DC was ahead of his time....with the fringe suede coat !!

Well....back to the Frontier.....see next post for SBR update !!:p

OK...See you now the SXD V8 driver riding atop the LD module !! Just barely enough room...but the host body slides over the epoxied driver...Wow....Just lucky on this one !! The CAD drawing indicated it would fit....but...ya never know !!

So...now,,,just the cylindricals to epoxy down !!

Crazy times on the Photon Frontier !! I bet the DarPa boys just laugh at our experiments....then again....who cares !!!

Also....I want to again state....this color is just perfect !!! It is not an Electric Blue....just a rich deeper sky blue...ya know....when one looks at... say the Fall sky....when the air is very dry...and very clear....and a beautiful blue....that almost seems....hard to focus on....and has amazing....depth !! That is this color !!! Later !!

Note: Added a bonus shot...The SBRamjet....stream'in photon's....side by side with the Purple pHaze build...Very Blue and Very Purple !!!

Attachments

• HSOP testing 5.jpg
    HSOP testing 5.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 160
  • HSOP testing 6.jpg
    HSOP testing 6.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 137
  • HSOP testing 7.jpg
    HSOP testing 7.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 136
  • HSOP testing 8.jpg
    HSOP testing 8.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 134
  • SBRamjet and Purple pHaze_side by side.png
    SBRamjet and Purple pHaze_side by side.png
    434.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Gabe

Glad to see it's coming together so fast. Definitely quicker than some of your other projects... *coughcoughcyancannoncough*...
Also, thanks fer describing the colour so vividly, I really wasn't sure how it'd look, I've never even seen a 1W 445 in person, and I only have a 473 and a 450 at about 50mW... So this'll be something new to me :D
Edit: hey would ya look at that, your speech patterns are rubbing off on me (...)

Last edited:
Glad to see it's coming together so fast. Definitely quicker than some of your other projects... *coughcoughcyancannoncough*...
Also, thanks fer describing the colour so vividly, I really wasn't sure how it'd look, I've never even seen a 1W 445 in person, and I only have a 473 and a 450 at about 50mW... So this'll be something new to me :D
Edit: hey would ya look at that, your speech patterns are rubbing off on me (...)

The Cyan Cannon is not abandoned.....just seems when I get some $$ together to buy the $ 280.00 NDG-700 rig....something else comes along to suck up the funds !! Always the way !

But....this was a good thing.....for...as I mentioned...I will now employ the SBR Model for the host in the Cyan Cannon.....and...will combine the NUBM07E with the NDG 700 !! Now...That is a color we have not seen before !

As to the 07E color...well...maybe I am just easy to amuse ? But...this is is a very, very pleasing color to my eye !...and I think I described it well ! Thanx.

NOW....as to adapting my speech patterns...Hmmmm...Hahahahaha
...Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here !!!

First off...be prepared for the Punctuation Police to roll up...Sirens blazing and lights'o'flashin !!!

It seems as though the list below will get you called out;

More than three (3) ! marks in a row !!!!
More than two (2) uses of ! marks in any given post !!!!
More than two (2) uses of " " marks in any given post.
NO capitalization is TYPICALLY tolerated.
No space between paragraphs.
And...finally.......the excessive use ...... between words is also frowned upon.

I find these are not really rules...just more like Guidelines !! And...I can see where anything done too much...could become truly distracting... :na::na::na::na:

So...be prepared to be to suffer the consequences of excessive punctuation usage!!! This must truly annoy some members....although...for the life of me...I cannot fathom why it is anything more than an slightly distracting habit ! Regardless...I have tried to reel in my excessive punctuation use...and have not been put in the " Excessive Punctuation Penalty Box "....mmmm..lately !! :shhh::shhh::shhh: Later !!!!

Last edited:

Gabe

Haha, maybe you're just a very punctual person irl. We don't know that :p

Well...Here it is....The end product...the First optically corrected
NUBM07E LD in a Hand held unit...as far as I know...Perhaps some other one is out there...Dunno !!

This build turned out good !! And...as a side benefit....it will serve as a platform for future corrected and combiner HH projects !!

Meters at 4.65 W...YES !!! And a nice and tight beam too !!!

Anyway...correction can and has been done !! I will add some more beam shots later !....Surly a cloud tickler !!

Thanx for watching the show !!! It has been a real pleasure to deliver and do some justice to the epic NUBM07E !! :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Attachments

• HSOP Loaded 1.jpg
    HSOP Loaded 1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 133
  • HSOP Loaded 2.jpg
    HSOP Loaded 2.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Sky Blue Ramjet completed 1.jpg
    Sky Blue Ramjet completed 1.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Sky Blue Ramjet completed 2.jpg
    Sky Blue Ramjet completed 2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Sky Blue Ramjet beamshot 1.jpg
    Sky Blue Ramjet beamshot 1.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Sky Blue Ramjet beamshot 2.jpg
    Sky Blue Ramjet beamshot 2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Gabe

Beauty! I probably missed it, but is the ball lens still on the diode, or is it decanned? What's she driven at? Have you done any divergence tests? What's the spot look like? WHERES MY MONEY

Re: Complete : The " Sky Blue Ramjet" build

Beauty! I probably missed it, but is the ball lens still on the diode, or is it decanned? What's she driven at? Have you done any divergence tests? What's the spot look like? WHERES MY MONEY

De-canned, sporting the G2 lens, driven at 4.5A, Divergence @ .65mRad

The spot....Mmmmm...brighter than hell and tight !!...Minimal shadow spill !!!!! Just a whisper !

Where is you money ??? well....if you are in this hobby....you have none !!! :san::san::san:

Now...back to finish the Purple pHaze....and then on to unfold the Cyan Cannon build !!!:beer::beer::beer:

Note: Just in case u thought I was too serious...I added a few pics !! Hahaha

Attachments

• Photonintoxicated.jpg
    Photonintoxicated.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 95
  • moses-parting1  with trumpets and text 2.jpg
    moses-parting1 with trumpets and text 2.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Gabe

Was... Was that a typo? Shirley you mean 0.65 mRad, not 0.065 mRad. No? Good luck on the purple pHaze man.