Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The REAL Kryton GB round #3. Taking payments now.

Kenom

Very good question. In the beast there are 3 screw in mountings that you choose from. One is a c-mount mounting, the second is a 9mm mounting, the third is a 5.6mm diode mounting. You choose the diode you want to use and screw it into the head.

looks like this.

Part1.JPG

Hmm, and the lens, battery?

Could you just send me the autocad file so I can take a closer look? I'm thinking of building a 445.

Hey kenom, I was just wondering if you have a time window of when the krytons will be made? Not necessarily anodizes and ready to ship, but hot off the machine shop floor:)

The beast :D

untitled27.jpg

untitled26.jpg

The focus ring is not final, but will likely be something similar.

Edit: I can't get the little straight parts of the grooves in solidworks. Its about the first time it's got me stumped!

That looks front-heavy, and nothing like kenom's pic...

Another question, is the grove an 18650 host?

That looks front-heavy, and nothing like kenom's pic...

Another question, is the grove an 18650 host?

Rofl

Considering it is the actual model of a beast I would say that yes, it does look like Ken's pics :na:

It will be front heavy, but that is the point.

And yes, the Groove can use an 18650

Kenom

it only looks front heavy from that angle. Although the front of the host is going to be very heavy, it's not quite THAT bad.

The groove was designed for a single 18650, however you can use two rcr123's.

Kenom

Hey kenom, I was just wondering if you have a time window of when the krytons will be made? Not necessarily anodizes and ready to ship, but hot off the machine shop floor:)

From what I've been told, only a few weeks.

Kenom

oh and you guys are going to love the focus adapter setup we've developed for the beast! Not going to give out particulars at this point since the design isn't 100%, but it will REVOLUTIONIZE laser focusing

Riiiiight,

Ken and I have been talking, and it might work out cheapest to ship all the "European" hosts to me, and I distribute them to everyone else.

I'll be checking costs tomorrow. Does anyone have a problem with this?

Rob

Asherz

Riiiiight,

Ken and I have been talking, and it might work out cheapest to ship all the "European" hosts to me, and I distribute them to everyone else.

I'll be checking costs tomorrow. Does anyone have a problem with this?

Rob

I'm in the UK so that would be perfect for me :p

I''ve had too down size for just one groove instead of a beast as well, money's becoming an issue but I'll make a few sacrifices to get the groove :)

Last edited:
I'm pretty heart set on a black beast. Kenom, don't expect payment for a while because paypal is being a dick.

Much of the lens talk seems to be focused(pun intended) on the groove hosts. I plan to create a 445nm 1W beast. Will the new AixiZ 445nm lens fit in the beast? Is there a preferred driver that might fit better than the others?

The Beast will use just about any lenses you can find and any driver you can find as well. It is designed for two 18650's, but there is room for some diodes to get the voltage down to switchmode boost driver levels. There would be plenty of room for a set of parallel 18650's as well, if they don't come that way.

TWO 18650s? Maybe I should get a groove... Would the groove even supply enough heatsinking for a 1 watt diode?

The groove would be enough for a 445, but it will have a duty cycle. You could run the 445 at full power for as long as you want to in the beast, its so big :D