Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The REAL Kryton GB round #3. Taking payments now.

jayrob

Re: The REAL Kryton GB round #3. only days away from payment.

Hey Ken, I'm ready to send payment but I don't see the prices on the spread sheet??

I just want 2 X Kryton Groove barrels. (bare aluminum polished)

I know the shipping is $5 bucks, but I just don't see the prices for the barrels...

Kenom

No problem Jay.

pricelist.jpg

jayrob

Ahh...

PayPal sent!

:thanks:

just wondering would it also be possible to use other colors then black for marble effect? like clear/blue marble or would that look bad or something.

just wondering would it also be possible to use other colors then black for marble effect? like clear/blue marble or would that look bad or something.

Doing a light color over a dark color is usually considered easiest... but any color combo can be attempted. The less contrast between the two colors, the more difficult it becomes to get repeatable results. Clear and blue or green looks pretty good, imo.

This of course assumes kenom is using bleaching between color dips. I'm not speaking for Kenom nor am I affiliated with him or the kryton. I also can not speak to the abilities of his anodizing process or setup... other than saying he does some sweet finishes! I'm just giving general anodizing information.

Here is a sample of a few colors that I;ve seen churned out:
CCI-acid-color-anoweb.jpg

phantom-custom-colors.jpg

Last edited:

thnx for the info, and wow those examples you posted look amazing.

i think its time for me to learn more about anodizing and attemp to do it myself someday to.
now i just need to get the chemicals.

Kenom

Wow, those are going to be tough.. I'll try but can't guarantee anything. You have to understand that with the anodizing, you start with the dark color, bleach off the "marble" where the other color will go and then redye in the last color. If the second color is dark as well, the first color can be covered up by the second. A way around that is to "mask" the first color with rubber cement to prevent redying, but can you imagine having to go over the entire barrel with rubber cement in little splotches everywhere?!?! LOL

On another note, I'm kinda wishing I'd reserved the second post for paid orders... Eeep. I'll just have to tack them onto the first post.

Last edited:

Ken would you be possible to make a blue and silver/clear marble or swirl anodise? something like in the post from LazyBeam
If so nvm my gold/black marble:san:

Wow, those are going to be tough.. I'll try but can't guarantee anything. You have to understand that with the anodizing, you start with the dark color, bleach off the "marble" where the other color will go and then redye in the last color. If the second color is dark as well, the first color can be covered up by the second. A way around that is to "mask" the first color with rubber cement to prevent redying, but can you imagine having to go over the entire barrel with rubber cement in little splotches everywhere?!?! LOL

Don't you have kids? They've got little hands suited to this kind of work.

I mean.. that's what Wicked Lasers would do. :D

Kenom

Ken would you be possible to make a blue and silver/clear marble or swirl anodise? something like in the post from LazyBeam
If so nvm my gold/black marble:san:

yeah that looks easily doable. It's kind of a fade and marble at teh same time.

Don't you have kids? They've got little hands suited to this kind of work.
I LOL'd

danq

no Personalized Pretty Purple Puny Pocket Rockets? :cryyy:

I've been away for a while, but did read the whole thread... PPR's sound iffy...
I'm ready to pay -will set aside the $$ if need to wait.

:)
DanQ

Kenom

well dan. Considering that there was only a few orders for those, and teh designs weren't really finalized yet, I will be working on getting these made elsewhere and will just offer them up for sale to those who expressed interest in them

danq

ok - thanks.
I guess most people want as big and powerful rocket as they can get... they just don't realize - it's not how big the rocket, it's the skill you have putting it in the pocket...
:D
DanQ

On another note, I'm kinda wishing I'd reserved the second post for paid orders... Eeep. I'll just have to tack them onto the first post.

I know my order entitles playing with some of those marble effects. a little advice from me would be to use nail gloss or another similar coating that you can paint on. then a simple acetone or bleach bath will remove it, this will help with the silver splash effect. For the colored splash effect you can do a similar process covering everything but what you want dyed or if you have an anodizing dye which you can paint on would probable make doing that purple blue and silver one easier. what i had in mind for dong that one would be to paint in the silver streaks then splash on the purple and blue anodize.

Last edited:

danq

I know my order entitles playing with some of those marble effects. a little advice from me would be to use nail gloss or another similar coating that you can paint on. then a simple acetone or bleach bath will remove it, this will help with the silver splash effect. For the colored splash effect you can do a similar process covering everything but what you want dyed or if you have an anodizing dye which you can paint on would probable make doing that purple blue and silver one easier. what i had in mind for dong that one would be to paint in the silver streaks then splash on the purple and blue anodize.
That sounds like a lot of tedious work... you want Kenom to make 5 cents an hour for your barrel? sure, he's not looking for profit, but... how about you guys be a little bit less demanding? Kenom's a nice guy and doesn't want to refuse requests - but show some restraint! (mho)

:)
DanQ

:( im paying extra for the custom anodizing.