Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The REAL Kryton GB round #3. Taking payments now.

Re: The REAL Kryton GB round #3. only days away from payment.

Still in for one Groove - bare polished.
Also since you asked, i'll take a 445 diode pressed in it :eg:
Thanks for coming through on these Ken, loved this host from the beginning.

-chuck

kgroove9.jpg

Oooo can you post pics of those focus adapters? if you can get them to be comparable to those that jayrob has and include anodizing with order of kryton barrel to match ill totally pick one up!

@Moebius I added you to the list for ya :D

Kenom

the focus adapter isn't very special. It's just a simple add on to the lens. screw the lens into it, set the depth you want the lens, and glue it. I recommend a silicone glue. Easy to remove, yet will hold it well enough that you needn't worry about it moving.

focus%20adapter%20groove.JPG

Here is a picture without the lens.

These can be added for $10 more. They work with the Kryton grooves and any previous order of these can get one as I'll be getting a few more focus adapters than barrels. Plus, I don't care what jayrob says, he IS getting a percentage of all focus adapter sales. I will not steal someone's livelyhood.

Last edited:

the focus adapter isn't very special. It's just a simple add on to the lens. screw the lens into it, set the depth you want the lens, and glue it. I recommend a silicone glue. Easy to remove, yet will hold it well enough that you needn't worry about it moving.

Here is a picture without the lens.

These can be added for $10 more. They work with the Kryton grooves and any previous order of these can get one as I'll be getting a few more focus adapters than barrels. Plus, I don't care what jayrob says, he IS getting a percentage of all focus adapter sales. I will not steal someone's livelyhood.

i assume $10 is for a bare focus ring, how much would it cost to anodise them?

FYI, modified the spreadsheet to confirm I want an A140 diode pressed and the focus adapter as well. And I'm 2nding the question on anodizing of the focus ring.

Waiting on signal to send funds. Thanks.

(Still showing my ignorance.... I then need a battery, charger, and a driver, correct?)

Last edited:

(Still showing my ignorance.... I then need a battery, charger, and a driver, correct?)

pretty much yea, also some gogles and the know-how and tools to make the laser:beer:
perhaps a good lens to...

Kenom

I hadn't considered the anodizing of the focus adapters. I'll have to think about that for a minute and get back to you all on the anodizing of them.

The only thing I won't include is a battery, charger and driver. You'll get a diode as well if you order a diode pressed in. At this point there isn't enough interest in the diodes yet. It's getting there tho.

I hadn't considered the anodizing of the focus adapters. I'll have to think about that for a minute and get back to you all on the anodizing of them.

The only thing I won't include is a battery, charger and driver. You'll get a diode as well if you order a diode pressed in. At this point there isn't enough interest in the diodes yet. It's getting there tho.

Then I don't need to source a 445nm AiziZ lens, (or suitable 405) that will come with? And I'm confused as hell because if I do need to get a lens, now there's all this confusion going on with the AiziZ sending out the wrong coated lenses because their supplier screwed them over in the bulk shipment or whatever. But from the 3D rendering above, if I DO need to source a lens, I want the "full threaded" one so it'll thread into the outer focus adapter ring, correct? (And use a little RTV silicone as a weak thread-locking compound)

(Again sorry, there's just a lot of assumed knowledge in these GB's ... )

Last edited:

Kenom

quite alright. I havn't decided which lens I'm going to be getting for these. It will probably be the aixiz acrylic again. Primarily because the lens does work for everything albeit not very well. but they all work. and they aren't uber expensive.

As such, assume it will come with an Aixiz acrylic.

That's great. The acrylic lens sounds good enough to get me started. Thanks!

Kenom

Since there is going to be no driver with this batch, I'll anodize the focus adapters for the price indicated above. $10. This will stay the same if it's a custom anodize or a plain. Essentially it will work out to thus. Those that don't get custom anodized focus adapters will pay the same price as those that do. The price will offset and balance out.

im confused. so add 10$ for anodizing?

bmansc

Love my original groove, glad to see you're still making them.

Great work, Kenom!

Kenom this might be a good idea.
in that google data sheet you have 2 pages, sheet 1 has all the orders and why not make sheet 2 a price list, people are always asking or getting confused about the prices
looking up some prices in older post might be a hassle for some people.

p.s.
i put a brown/black marble anodise for one of my hosts, i want it to look like this one:

but im not to sure if u call that brown, orange, or gold :D

*edit
@AJ_Dual
Just a tip, i saw you wanted a A140 diode in your groove and i gues you are going to run it at high power +/- 1W? dont use a acrylic lens then.. it wil melt and probobly kill your diode or make marks on your diode window

Last edited:

@AJ_Dual
Just a tip, i saw you wanted a A140 diode in your groove and i gues you are going to run it at high power +/- 1W? dont use a acrylic lens then.. it wil melt and probobly kill your diode or make marks on your diode window

I've been reading up on the lenses. From the discussion comparing the outputs of 445's with plastic, red-coated glass, 405 violet coated, and then the 445 lenses etc, I thought it would be lossy but work.

People all mention burning/melting the lens, but no actual confirmations of anyone having it happen, and since they tested the acrylic lenses, I thought they had worked, albeit poorly.

Although no mention of the power level they were using, I suppose well under 500mW then. Again, lots more "assumed information" going on.

I've no problem buying a lens, but trying to figure out AixiZ lenses is harder because of the whole shipping flap of them sending out the wrong lenses. And it's unclear as to what's better, a 405nm that (maybe?) lets more mW through, or the three element 445nm lens that shapes the beam better? Do I want both?

Kenom

AJ_Dual, you WILL want to use a 405 aixiz or the new 445 aixiz. I prefer the 405. You WILL burn the acrylic if you go over 700mw or so.

Crossout, the cost of the focus adapter includes anodizing. $10 that's it. Not in addition to.

Xtrm2Rick that is Gold marble. I will add a price list to the spreadsheet.