Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Quest for an Australian Permit

The AFP still haven't replied to my email.

This is pathetic. They are a governmental organization tasked with enforcing the law. And yet they are unable to inform people of the law and work them through it!

How many people apply for firearms in the ACT? Probably a few thousand. And yet they can't answer my one, simple email. Useless, lazy cops.

There, I've sent off several more emails to various departments. Enjoy your spam, AFP. You asked for it.

Murudai said:
The AFP still haven't replied to my email.

This is pathetic. They are a governmental organization tasked with enforcing the law. And yet they are unable to inform people of the law and work them through it!

How many people apply for firearms in the ACT? Probably a few thousand. And yet they can't answer my one, simple email. Useless, lazy cops.

There, I've sent off several more emails to various departments. Enjoy your spam, AFP. You asked for it.
laugh out loud :)

Razako

Ask jack to hide the RPL-400 inside a fake lab laser or something ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

diachi

I was thinking about saying that last night actually, just get him to put it in a huge lump of an aluminium heatsink , or even better, ask him to put a diffuser over the aperture so that if customs turn it on its just a green flashlight :D

You could ship the case with the IR diode and driver in one package, and the crystals and lenses in another.

The IR diode isn't a visible laser, they have nothing on it. And the crystals don't have anything bad with them.

Nice idea. Voids the warranty, and risky, but nice idea :)

EDIT: Just checked the customs page. It doesn't say anything about 'visible laser' just laser pointer. So it is still technically illegal to import an IR laser, though you just have a higher chance of getting away with it :)

Razako

Murudai said:
You could ship the case with the IR diode and driver in one package, and the crystals and lenses in another.

The IR diode isn't a visible laser, they have nothing on it. And the crystals don't have anything bad with them.

Nice idea. Voids the warranty, and risky, but nice idea :)

EDIT: Just checked the customs page. It doesn't say anything about 'visible laser' just laser pointer. So it is still technically illegal to import an IR laser, though you just have a higher chance of getting away with it :)
Until one of the customs officers literally pops his retina looking into that pretty 808nm light.

Things

Yep, and thats one of the reasons I now prefer lab lasers. If the cops come around, aslong as im not doing anything stupid, they cant do anything :p

All the lasers I purchase from now on will be labbys. This law ain't stopping my hobby, just changing it :)

Plus, I got a 300mW greenie, a 290mW red and a 70mW blu-ray. I'm pretty good on the portables part, I won't need any more until the industry changes :) If I need a more powerful blu-ray, I'll build it :)

daguin

laze_doctor said:
Well personally speaking, I don't see what's so appealing about burning/balloon-popping.

Basically for me it's all about pointing it outdoors/at the sky. And as such, portability is pretty essential.

Unless you use lab lasers for indoor 'shows' where they're syncronized to music or something... I could definitely see the appeal in that.

HEAR! HEAR!

My sentiments, exactly!

The only time I burn anything is when a potential customer asks to see the laser in question burn something. And you can rest assured 180mW of 405nm light can burn like he77!

Peace,
dave

180mW of 405nm light can burn like hett? :-? |_||2 |33+$|*3@|< 1$ |@(|<1|\|6. (more readable: ur |3375p34k 15 |4ck1n6. )

Razako

You do know that according the AU laws you can legally buy a 5Watt green labby and modify it to run off your car's cig lighter ;D
Now that's what I call a pointer.

daguin

VillageIdiot said:
180mW of 405nm light can burn like hett? :-? |_||2 |33+$|*3@|< 1$ |@(|<1|\|6. (more readable: ur |3375p34k 15 |4ck1n6. )

Don't forget . . . . I'm OLD! :p

Peace,
dave

daguin.png

8)