Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

the lowest power laser can kill the Mosquito

catman

Re: the lowest power laser can kill the Mosquito

These mosquito laser killers aren't meant for your home but for the places outside where they hang out. Now currently the technology is still out of our reach, but eventually... You could even modify it to kill other pests.

50 bucks says this thread gets revived at least one more time after this.

Neat vid. though :beer:

I have often thought if anything on this planet were to be eradicated, I'd like to see mosquitos disappear, even if some dragon flies and fish go hungry. I'm so selfish, I really really dislike those bugs.

I have often thought if anything on this planet were to be eradicated, I'd like to see mosquitos disappear, even if some dragon flies and fish go hungry. I'm so selfish, I really really dislike those bugs.

It's a lot more than your dislike for theese blood suckers.

Millions die every year due to mosquitoes transferring malaria.

Gabe

I heard that in history, the absolute deadliest creature to humans there ever was is the mosquito. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), more than 1,000,000 people PER YEAR die from them, mostly from malaria.

DrSid

I heard that in history, the absolute deadliest creature to humans there ever was is the mosquito. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), more than 1,000,000 people PER YEAR die from them, mostly from malaria.

That's just mean. It's not mosquitoes who kills. It's malaria ! Those poor little lasses hardly mean anything wrong. They just need teh blood for their little ones. What we need is vaccination for mosquitoes. Healthy mosquito is no threat !

Just kidding .. smoke the bastards ..

:lasergun:

why is my youtube link not showing above? I used the youtube tag here and pasted it in?????

why is my youtube link not showing above? I used the youtube tag here and pasted it in?????

With the YouTube tags you just use the characters after the = or if your on a tablet or phone the address may appear different and it may be the characters after the / In this case you only use "eYXPqrXZ1eU" like this:

Now quote this and look at how I did that and you will understand. The way you did it it will still show for some users, at least on an iPad but won't show for everyone unless you do it the way I just explained.

Alan

Last edited:

I remember reading in my popular science mag about lasers used to clean your windshield (bugs) on your car. That was years ago. I wish tech would catch up before I'm to old to hear about it :p
This reminds me of an article I read in which McLaren was talking about eliminating windshield wipers in favor of ultrasonic waves to protect the windshield from precipitation and bugs. Pretty intriguing.

This reminds me of an article I read in which McLaren was talking about eliminating windshield wipers in favor of ultrasonic waves to protect the windshield from precipitation and bugs. Pretty intriguing.

I think we should do away with cars powered by conventional engines and they should all be powered by a single jet engine mounted on top of the car so that the bugs get sucked into the engine without ever hitting the windshield :crackup: however, since cars will soon be driving themselves, we will no longer need to see where we are going because you will be texting or browsing the web or eating your fast food or taking a nap until you get to your destination thus making windshield wipers irrelevant.

Alan

Gabe

Do large jets have windscreen wipers?

Do large jets have windscreen wipers?

Yes they do, however they are for landing and taxiing in bad weather, in flight they have a system where air from the engines can be piped to the front and blows over the windshield causing the rain to miss the windshield, and at 500 knots neither is needed as the rain will simply blow off.

Now this makes me wonder what is the maximum altitude mosquitos will fly at?

Alan

Gabe

Quoting from Google and Mosquito.org (apparently a real website):
"How high do mosquitoes fly?
In general, mosquitoes that bite humans prefer to fly at heights of less than 25 ft. Asian Tiger Mosquitoes have been found breeding in treeholes over 40 feet above ground. In Singapore, they have been found in apartments 21 stories above ground. Mosquitoes have been found breeding up to 8,000 feet in the Himalayas and 2000 feet underground in mines in India. "
Source: FAQ

I think we should do away with cars powered by conventional engines and they should all be powered by a single jet engine mounted on top of the car so that the bugs get sucked into the engine without ever hitting the windshield :crackup: however, since cars will soon be driving themselves, we will no longer need to see where we are going because you will be texting or browsing the web or eating your fast food or taking a nap until you get to your destination thus making windshield wipers irrelevant.

Alan

BRILLIANT! Will they work on this road here? This is where my emergency laser signal will come in handy when I get caught in a 6 foot snow drift. Oh the comfort of of being only 520nm from a successful search and rescue.

https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/1462814_10203331921079520_6751970224412316566_o.jpg

Last edited:

Oh, crap. That's probably way too big. If I need to delete it just let me know.

I bet there's no Mosquitos there, or is there in the summer?

Yes too big, can you just resize it, most everyone here resizes before posting.

Alan