Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The joy of lasers

I recently quit drinking, and thus, shaking. So i have finally been able to start soldering. I had a few laserlands 80mw 650nm diodes laying around and a couple of 80-500ma drivers. The soldering was going so well on the first one that i spaced out and messed up the pins :cryyy: when i connected it a few of the components on the driver actually turned orange hot and started smoking. The second attempt was SUCCESSFUL!... for a bit. I got my first laser to laze and it felt amazing(its been a hard couple of months). You guys were totally right... once you get some light, its over. I just spent my pay for the week on components. goin for a phr build next :D

I recently quit drinking, and thus, shaking. So i have finally been able to start soldering. I had a few laserlands 80mw 650nm diodes laying around and a couple of 80-500ma drivers. The soldering was going so well on the first one that i spaced out and messed up the pins :cryyy: when i connected it a few of the components on the driver actually turned orange hot and started smoking. The second attempt was SUCCESSFUL!... for a bit. I got my first laser to laze and it felt amazing(its been a hard couple of months). You guys were totally right... once you get some light, its over. I just spent my pay for the week on components. goin for a phr build next :D
Good job let's see some pics...:)

Glad to hear your doing healthy! Keep it up. You will feel a million in a couple months.
Ik how hard it is to quit things that are addictive and alch is definitely one of those addictive substances. Well done mate!
PS. POST PICTURES! haha

DrSid

Haha .. when someone comes with 'what are lasers good for' question next time .. we just say 'it helps you quit things' ..

:umbrella:

Congrats man!! That's friggin awesome that you were able to quit!! The PHR is a fun laser, seeing all the things around you react to that light is pretty cool. Plus that feeling of playing with something you built is amazing. I wish lasers could help me quit smoking, unfortunately cigarette smoke and lasers just go so well together!!

When I got my first high powered laser which was a 2W 445nm I was hooked permanently. I have honestly spent far more than I should but I love it. Its awesome that you successfully quit drinking and now you can pick up a freaking awesome hobby like lasers.

Unfortunately as originalbigT said, lasers go unhealthily well with smoking.... I have reticently gone smoking hookah with a bunch of friends and I have enough lasers for us each to have one. The people who run the place are so awesome that they think its totally cool that we basically put on a laser show. The whole place has a light haze from the smoke so lasers looks straight up unbelievable. Luckily I am not addicted to nicotine and I keep my visits to a minimum and spread out as to avoid any problems and so far its working. Though every time I go I end up there for several hours so that's a lot of smoke in each visit but I only go around once a month.

This sucks it prolly the title name giving this flood of spam on this thread. I thought the mod were checking new sign ups with email verifications?

I think we need a increase in our anti-spam system.

On a side note I just realized I am dangerously low on internal lens springs and LaserPointerer's sig just reminded me I need to hit him up for another batch lol.

Also, my resent increase in smoke related laser use has brought me to desire single mode lasers for their small awesome beams through smoke. I now have a new LPC build and a single mode Osram build in the works.

ped

This sucks it prolly the title name giving this flood of spam on this thread. I thought the mod were checking new sign ups with email verifications?

We are/ I am , but if its a unique IP , and non supicious email addy, we have to let them in, otherwise we'd have no new members.

Agreed though, we have had an unusually high spam count today :thinking:

But I'm on it :banned:

Have no fear ped is on the job. Spammers beware he is on to you and your spamming selves and vengeance will be ours.

Erm, to the OP, I sugges you look into a single mode 450nm Osram PL450B. They are supposed to be quite nice little diodes and have very nice beam specs. Not to mention the wavelength is way more visible than 405nm. I will have one on order from DTR hopefully inside the next few days.

Congratulations quitting drinking is hard glad you didn't fall in that bottle.. pics perhaps?
BTW its not just this thread the spammers are in full force today

@apexproxy: oh the joys of single modeness! now, i do like the blazing power of the multimodes but the great specs of a 12x, lpc and the osram really trip my trigger:drool:

Exactly cheech, I couldn't agree more. I fear this rescentlt aquired taste for single mode will cause my laser arsenal to expand 2-3 more lasers shortly and I'm already going to hit 11 lasers when parts arrive and 12 when my snail shipping o-like comes :D