Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Golden Company: LPF's Compendium of the Rare Yellows, from Chartreuse to Amber.

I have one of the strongest 612's out there. I got it from sam a few years ago.

I believe it is over 4 mw. (single line)

bloomplye had a 612 with three lines a while back but I thought it broke.

Yellow is probably cooler looking, but 612 is incredible to see. :)
and hard to find without spending off the chart.

Yeah I love my orange HeNes. They're among my favorites in my collection. I have a very lively 3 line that does over its' 5mW max rating. it's pretty amazing. I also have two little 6" ones floating around somewhere....I should dig them out again....

Yeah I love my orange HeNes. They're among my favorites in my collection. I have a very lively 3 line that does over its' 5mW max rating. it's pretty amazing. I also have two little 6" ones floating around somewhere....I should dig them out again....

Im jealous :)

little 6" 612 nm HeNe WOW!
and a +5mw 612
OF COURSE, I should have known, you have just about everything made :)

Someday there will be a tangerine orange diode (not a $10k version/DPSS) that we can buy.

until then we have our little HeNe drops of sunlight and tangerine orange.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
We’re getting closer icecruncher. I shared a thread not to long ago regarding 599-605nm room temperature diodes. Let’s hope that these make it into commercial production.

Yep. They’ve had stuff in the works for a while now. Its exciting, but i’ll still always love the glow of my henes!

Id sell one of the little ones maybe if the price was right, but it wouldn’t be cheap. Probably 500+

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Of course, diodes can’t fully replace other mediums.
That’s the problem they are not cheap. Couldn’t afford one in the slightest atm. One of the reasons I’m not regularly searching eBay at this time. Too many temptations. :p

That is indeed a premium price for a small 612nm He-Ne. Not far enough away from 632.8nm to entice me.

It’s quite a difference. That’s also why I’ve never offered them to anybody.

Those tubes were anywhere from $800-$1200 new, And the larger ones were upwards of $2000+. Pure He3 isn’t cheap unfortunately, And that nowadays is what makes up the bulk of the cost. Once upon a time they were quite cheap in their prime...but they’re getting pretty expensive again now due to the fact that the volume has come down drastically, finally supplanted by solid state. During the 70s and 80s and into the 90s though they were the laser of choice for almost everything low power. HHR charges something like 1800 bucks a tube. Its not cheap. :(

I remember that someone from this forum (ayrthna?) saw a HeNe at geekbay- being sold as-is and unknown nm-- iirc he was able somehow to get info from the label and it was a yellow-- dirt cheap-- worked-- I think the seller did not have a PS for it and no laser knowledge-- those deals are once a decade.

I have a 561nm chartreuse laser and a 593.5nm amber/orange laser.
I'd love to get my mitts on a 577nm yellow, but things aren't looking great on at least two fronts here. :(
yeah man! Finally got a 561nm, not sure what the heck happened in china, but these new easily obtainable wavelengths are the bees knees

yeah man! Finally got a 561nm, not sure what the heck happened in china, but these new easily obtainable wavelengths are the bees knees

Yeah, I got lucky getting a 574 nm one really cheap awhile ago. There is a thread on it if you are interested. It looks lemon yellow to me. ;)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, I got lucky getting a 574 nm one really cheap awhile ago. There is a thread on it if you are interested. It looks lemon yellow to me. ;)
I wish I got one of these 57x’s when they were available. Keeping an eye out now for more modules on the horizon