Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Future of the LP hobby

APEX1

Amen! You've made some serious good points in your last two replys! Left me kind of speechless in a sense!

Last edited:

While I am new here, at the age of 63, I should think I have some life experience and common sense to share a few things. First of all, one has to admit, if you were to stop a stranger on the street and tell them you are a laser collector or enthusiast, many would not even know what you were talking aobut, and those who know, might think it unusual at the least...for the simple reason, it is.

We are not talking about the "usual' hobby like coin or stamp collecting. I used to collect Tittile II weapons. The public thinks civilians should not own "assault weapons." Can you imagine the hassel I had to go through (back in the 90s) to have several automatic weapons tranported on a commerecial lfight when I went to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot? (Google it if you don't know about it...Its a trip...especially the night shoot with tracer aimed at 50 gal cans filled with gas....all done safely by the way.

Trying to explain why one does anything outside of what is considered "usual" "customary" can be difficult.

As technology advances at an every incresing rate it will make it easier for the average person to obtain things that are potetntially dangerous. Why do you think vets are coming back from Afgan and Iraq with PTSD and the highest suicide rate ever for returning vets? Its because the weapons of war are getting more and more sophisticated and capable of killing, maiming, and doing psychological damage then ever before. Vietnam was my generatin and it was bad enough. Having spoken with quite a few vets, what they saw and experienced was far worse.

There is also the issue of parental responsibility. Kids do crazy stuff. I have a parrot. If I leave an anchient scoll worth 10,000 bucks in her cage and she destroys it, who is responsbile, the parrot or me. It is the same thing with kids. They shouldn't have access to things that they cannot handle responsibly.

As for what to do with stupid adults? That is another question and I can't say I have any goog answers. They only thing I can say is that the gears and machinary of government never fail to legislate to deal with real or imagined fears. Additionally, the media and government work hand in hand to suport the Hegalian Dialectic: problem, reaction, solution. Furthermore, government will even create the problem if it wants to enforce its own solution. The Dialectic is actually as old as time itself.

Parenthetically, and perhaps this should be said elsewhere, although I don't know quite where it would be more appropriate. This method of communication is really strange for me, even as someone who was using computers during the DOS days when there were bullin boards. I simply pick up the phone and dial and have never had any problem making friends. Yes, there were people who welcomed me here, but there are also those who seem, well I am not sure what word to use, perhaps simply put, not particularly interested in communicating. (I am not referring to those who are simply busy because I know that certainly I am.) What happened to the telephone. When did it die :)

Last edited:
While I am new here, at the age of 63, I should think I have some life experience and common sense to share a few things. First of all, one has to admit, if you were to stop a stranger on the street and tell them you are a laser collector or enthusiast, many would not even know what you were talking aobut, and those who know, might think it unusual at the least...for the simple reason, it is.

We are not talking about the "usual' hobby like coin or stamp collecting. I used to collect Tittile II weapons. The public thinks civilians should not own "assault weapons." Can you imagine the hassel I had to go through (back in the 90s) to have several automatic weapons tranported on a commerecial lfight when I went to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot? (Google it if you don't know about it...Its a trip...especially the night shoot with tracer aimed at 50 gal cans filled with gas....all done safely by the way.

Trying to explain why one does anything outside of what is considered "usual" "customary" can be difficult.

As technology advances at an every incresing rate it will make it easier for the average person to obtain things that are potetntially dangerous. Why do you think vets are coming back from Afgan and Iraq with PTSD and the highest suicide rate ever for returning vets? Its because the weapons of war are getting more and more sophisticated and capable of killing, maiming, and doing psychological damage then ever before. Vietnam was my generatin and it was bad enough. Having spoken with quite a few vets, what they saw and experienced was far worse.

There is also the issue of parental responsibility. Kids do crazy stuff. I have a parrot. If I leave an anchient scoll worth 10,000 bucks in her cage and she destroys it, who is responsbile, the parrot or me. It is the same thing with kids. They shouldn't have access to things that they cannot handle responsibly.

As for what to do with stupid adults? That is another question and I can't say I have any goog answers. They only thing I can say is that the gears and machinary of government never fail to legislate to deal with real or imagined fears. Additionally, the media and government work hand in hand to suport the Hegalian Dialectic: problem, reaction, solution. Furthermore, government will even create the problem if it wants to enforce its own solution. The Dialectic is actually as old as time itself.

Parenthetically, and perhaps this should be said elsewhere, although I don't know quite where it would be more appropriate. This method of communication is really strange for me, even as someone who was using computers during the DOS days when there were bullin boards. I simply pick up the phone and dial and have never had any problem making friends. Yes, there were people who welcomed me here, but there are also those who seem, well I am not sure what word to use, perhaps simply put, not particularly interested in communicating. (I am not referring to those who are simply busy because I know that certainly I am.) What happened to the telephone. When did it die :)

I have been to the Knob Creek Range for their semi annual machine gun shoot in bullet Kentucky. I remember it was in bullet county which I thought was ironic, we drove up from Atlanta. The night shoot was awesome as was all the tannerite. It rained like hell for a while but that didn't stop it. I did a jungle walk and a few rentals, never did get to shoot the flamethrower tho. It was about 12 years ago when we went and the place was packed, not a single laser but lots and lots of tracers. Good people there, really good people.

@RedCowboy

Well, I am glad you got to go. I entered a sub-gun match wtih my MP-5. I did not bring my aimpoint because I thought it was not allowed...I was wrong. Of course everyone else that used one had a better time than I had!

My business partner, a bored millionaire, had one heck of a collection. He brought his .50 cal with him. The guy from whom I purchased my .30 Browning ground gun, spade handles, 1917 tripod...brought his twin .30s on a halftrack! That guy (I won't tell his name) was a character. He married a woman a lot younger, and as he reports it told her parents, "if she gets to be normal...I'm leaving."

@RedCowboy

Well, I am glad you got to go. I entered a sub-gun match wtih my MP-5. I did not bring my aimpoint because I thought it was not allowed...I was wrong. Of course everyone else that used one had a better time than I had!

My business partner, a bored millionaire, had one heck of a collection. He brought his .50 cal with him. The guy from whom I purchased my .30 Browning ground gun, spade handles, 1917 tripod...brought his twin .30s on a halftrack! That guy (I won't tell his name) was a character. He married a woman a lot younger, and as he reports it told her parents, "if she gets to be normal...I'm leaving."

I have rented and shot a Thompson, wow that open bolt lag is noticeable when you pull the trigger isn't it?
Also I have rented a m-16, ak-47, a modified 10-22 and the fantastic MP-5. I someday want to fire a MG-42:drool:
The range I last rented at only charges 5 bucks a half hour for the MP-5 but you must buy their 9mm ammo and about the time I am chewing the center out of the target that 32 round mag is empty. Truth is I spend more time loading than shooting.
Anyway I am content with my semi autos and if I really wanted to burn powder at turbo speed I would just get a slide fire stock and a good trigger with no over travel, no take up and a short crisp reset. But with 5.56 .40 and 308 costing 40 cents to a dollar a shot I'm not that interested in even getting a slide fire. Yes they have a BATFE letter of approval and are legal to own but dumping your mag in 2 seconds flat is not very practical for anything but the sheer merry hell of just doing it. Owning a class 3 is extremely expensive since the 1986 amendment to the 1968 GCA. Besides being fun they are not that practical. I pop 12 oz coke cans @ 100 yards pretty much every shot and that's fun to me. Now if we could repeal the 1986 FOPA amendment to the 1968 GCA then maybe a full auto .22 would be fun and affordable but it's not that big of a deal. The ironic part about the GCA is I would rather my next door neighbor defend his home with a brand new pistol caliber sub gun than a 100 year old bolt action mosine nagant. The machine pistol wont shoot through my house but the mosine LOL There is just no common sense in it now is there.

@RedCowboy

I agree with you. I had a lot of other stuff, supressors, M16, integrally supressed .22 etc. It became a pain because of the yearly $500 on dealers and I was a hobiest...additionally as I have said, Clinton did away with the hobiyest dealers.

I do beleive in the moto "one shot one kill." That is why they went from full auto to the 3 shot burst because of all the ammo wasted.

Ever hear of a gun cleaning trap...toungh and cheek? I mean you need to keep that barrel clean: The "VIPER KIT" Solvent Trap Cleaning System using GERMAN T-7075 ALUMINUM.  - PREPPER'S DISCOUNT BTW...where do you live? Me..MD outside dc

@ Andrew124C41

I live SE of Atlanta Ga. near a big granite pimple called Stone Mountain.
I always clean after a shoot, I just can't help myself, as soon as I get home I start cleaning and finish with a light lube.
Ah ok, yes I have seen adaptors that fit oil filters to catch run off solvents and such, that's one of those type of deals but it looks like trouble to me.
The laws are so screwed up, for instance if you have an AR pistol upper and an AR rifle lower with a rifle 16 inch upper on it but no pistol lower to readily accept the pistol upper then just because you have bought the pistol upper ahead of the pistol lower they can technically charge you with possession of a SBR even though it's not assembled. Just because you have a pistol upper in the same gun safe with the rifle.
It's insane, it's like the British conspiracy to commit laws. It makes me sick, it's so very wrong and un American but it's one of those screwed up things we have to know. Like you can't put a fore grip on a pistol. Hell you can't have a loose fore grip in your gun safe with an AR pistol unless you also have a rifle that can accept it or you are considered guilty because you have the ability to break a law even though it's not assembled.
It's like saying a man with a penis is guilty of conspiracy to commit adultery if he is in a room with a woman without his wife present.
It's asking for trouble if they are ever looking for something to stick you with. An empty 2 liter coke bottle would be a better solvent catch.

Last edited:
Thanks
I look at our last centuries history from discovering antibodies mid WWII and going to the moon in 1968 and realize we have squandered so much potential.
Human greed stemming from the need for self preservation that got us to the top of the food chain has also been our downfall along with complacency and outright apathy.
We have done a lot but not nearly as much as we could have and worse yet is our de-evolving of common sense and basic humanity.
I look at our future and hope we can swing things back the right direction but even if we can't I am willing to fight for my/our freedom and accept that risks are involved in trusting others with their freedom.
But freedom galvanized in responsibility has to be for everyone or it can't exist.

man on moon was 1969-

all else and what most are saying I agree 100% but it all has been said many times before for a long long time- PROACTIVE is what MIGHT help- we have to be the 'laser police volunteers' and teachers of the young
haha-

and if by chance we happen to see a laser on aircraft and we HAPPEN to call 911 on them in and help them get found & caught- FB! offers now $10,000 and I too said ! dang! i could buy a LOT of lasers:whistle:

:tsk:

BUT if it were used in the best way to stop the insanity from all sides - thats a good deed.-- all the threads in the world here on this can only help so much- maybe if we try to get more to join LP- I really cannot see a newcomer reading much here w/o soon seeing how we feel about this issue- I am sure more would be inclined to NOT do the crime than those who came here and then learned about the joys of lasing aircraft
and those that never join only have peer pressure to guide them.

read what they offenders say at LPS.com ( see my sig below)

One quote I cannot forget- " I just cannot resist doing dumb things"
no help for those like him--

have no idea why TSA is not proactive finding these nuts-
only at dark-only at airports- ez to see...only while flights are still leaving /arriving- I dont think they are doing anything like that at all. That guy in Dallas lased 7 aircraft before he stopped and got caught-- wtw?

Every school science teacher needs to help with this- every parent needs to train the kids just like gun training-

good luck one and all

Last edited:

Encap

man on moon was 1969-

all else and what most are saying I agree 100% but it all has been said many times before for a long long time- PROACTIVE is what MIGHT help- we have to be the 'laser police volunteers' and teachers of the young
haha-

and if by chance we happen to see a laser on aircraft and we HAPPEN to call 911 on them in and help them get found & caught- FB! offers now $10,000 and I too said ! dang! i could buy a LOT of lasers:whistle:

:tsk:

BUT if it were used in the best way to stop the insanity from all sides - thats a good deed.-- al the thread in the world here on this can only help so much- maybe if we try to get more to join LP- I really cannot see a newcomer reading much here w/o soon seeing how we feel about this issue- I am sure more would be inclined to NOT do the crime than those who came here and then learned about the joys of lasing aircraft
and those that never join only have peer pressure to guide them.

read what they offenders say at LPS.com ( see my sig below)

One quote I cannot forget- " I just cannot resist doing dumb things"
no help for those like him--

only at dark-only at airports- ez to see...only while flights are still leaving /arriving- I dont think they are doing anything like that at all. That guy in Dallas lased 7 aircraft before he stopped and got caught-- wtw?

Every school science teacher needs to help with this- every parent needs to train the kids just like gun training-

good luck one and all

Great points-- very valid and rational reasoned approach!

"
only at dark-only at airports- ez to see...only while flights are still leaving /arriving- I dont think they are doing anything like that at all. That guy in Dallas lased 7 aircraft before he stopped and got caught-- wtw?"

they showed the laser he got caught with- single 18650 plain black short- lots ;like that 100mW 8$
btw they are not 'allowed' over 5 mW by Greedbay OR PoopPal - if you report them for offering they pull the listing eventually - then the seller changes and puts it back up as DTR ask AixiZ ...Ebah pulled listings for lenses and drivers-- wtw? so did Scamazon- dont buy there go to aixiz.com

ty for the kind words Encap- I have clearly been doing a lot of frustrated thinking about the way to fix things - no luck- laserists 'having a party and nobody got hurt' is not news..

could this do any good??
we semi organize ourselves to ALL send several mssgs to the likes of Lester Holt et al.

and all about the sami=e(ish) time and day- I rally do not think any body 0 news congress senate etc has EVER spoken with anyone like us - We may have better luck telling them to talk to patrick Murphy (pres of ILDA) and Greg Markov ( Instructor of LSP classes also Dr Sam has a lot to say BUT the last time I saw the snippest they pieced together of an interview wqith sam that d8id NOT convey the meaning of what sam was saying- i hav espent much time on-line and in person with sam and he is our friend - but like AL he does not like peoplke doing the stoopid with a WL Arctic- he demoed one for the news a 1W WL (they sent Sam 1.5 years after saying a sample was coming took two years for AixiZ to get thier sample) they cut to Sam just as the newspaper began to smoke maybe a 4 second bit- aha - well there you go!!- these must be bannished form the kingdom!!at once!

Pman

I detest what that guy said Len. The truth is "I just cannot resist to do dumb things" is actually "I CHOOSE to do dumb things".
So sick and tired of people not taking personal responsibility for their actions and blaming what they choose to do on anything/everything and anybody else.
We are constantly being told to take care of #1, we need our "me" time and everyone needs to make sure they get enough selfishness. Everyone has "something" now that makes them special and gives them an excuse to act the way they do. There's a medication to treat whatever name they give your "condition" and all of us have some kind of "condition" so we can explain away our actions ie give an excuse for not taking personal responsibility.

Last edited:
This has become a rather interesing, shall we say, spirited dialogue.

Hmm. Let's see. We have:
fluoridated water
Al, S from from chem trails
GMO
Useless food with less minerals from depleted soil
A population that does not know that it is Iodine deficient

Factions of US government bashing Putin/Russia over territory which had always been historically theirs...now causing farmers in the EU to dump milk, and tons of other produce because of the Russian embargo....trying to lead us to WWIII

Don't even get me started on WT7 and the rest of 9-11.

A declining morality where "everything goes" and all behavior is acceptable as long as it does not bother others...no moral absolutes. To wit, in 1952 when I was born, if a bikini existed, if worn on the beach, its wearer if I may coin such a word, would be arrested. Other behavior which is now protected was once considered deviant.

As I have said....the Hegelian Dialectic will always be resorted to by government when it needs to do something.

The list is endless. So, lasers, guns, drones....it would be nice to be able to stand up and educate and be proactive and I applaud the sentiment/desire. How to do it and can it be successful is another matter.

Last edited:

Encap

This has become a rather interested, shall we say, spirited dialogue.

Hmm. Let's see. We have:
fluoridated water
Al, S from from chem trails
GMO
Useless food with less minerals from depleted soil
A population that does not know that it is Iodine deficient

Factions of US government bashing Putin/Russia over territory which had always been historically theirs...now causing farms in the EU to dump milk, and tons of other produce because of the Russian embargo....trying to lead us to WWIII

Don't even get me started on WT7 and the rest of 9-11.

A declining morality where "everything goes" and all behavior is acceptable as long as it does not bother others...no moral absolutes. To wit, in 1952 when I was born, if a bikini existed, if worn on the beach, its wearer if I may coin such a word, would be arrested. Other behavior which is now protected was once considered deviant.

As I have said....the Hegelian Dialectic will always be resorted to by government when it needs to do something.

The list is endless. So, lasers, guns, drones....it would be nice to be able to stand up and educate and be proactive and I applaud the sentiment/desire. How to do it and can it be successful is another matter.

Social Priorities are what they are everywhere.

"One man's meat is another man's person" ~ old cannibal saying, has always been that way to one degree or another among humans not likely to change anytime soon.

Everyman for himself last one to the table starves seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

Last edited:
The self confessed criminal Hillary is being sheltered by a complicit Justice dept. Our Royal class of elites are more than even in plain view.
Potus has allowed states to pass laws in complete contrast to federal law, for instance the pot laws. Begins division and anarchy.
Don't want to photograph a wedding because your beliefs say it's immoral...now starts the forced compliance if you stand and fight alone.
Civil disobedience is happening, a million hard working honest gun owners in Connecticut are overnight felons for failing to comply with unconstitutional infringements. They are not being prosecuted as there are too many.
Don't forget that 2 senators were booted in a recall election when they pushed for overreaching gun control in Colorado.
Strength is in the numbers and the 8 dollar flebay crap that's causing the problems may also be our salvation, because the more people with an interest in this hobby the harder it will be to outright end it.
As for the future of our nation I suggest learning to speak Chinese.

Last edited:
See post #1625
http://laserpointerforums.com/f56/donating-lpf-26307-102.html#post1371108

And post #53
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/ever-set-anything-fire-unintentionally-79988-4.html#post1371099

Theres much to say about this site and how things have changed since I joined and much not for the better but I would rather see everyone come together than start a storm because emotions would likely rule over common sense. I've seen it over and over and so have the rest of you.

I am tired of the verbal bullying that is way too prevalent here. It's childish nonsense and if we want this forum to be taken seriously only each individual can stop it. Noone has to deliberately respond to a post just to be a jerk. It's a choice. There have been numerous complaints about it and the # of active members and donations show it. Have heard from too many new members afraid to ask questions openly. Lets stop scaring away people for asking simple questions when they just arrived unless it is actually warranted.
It's also a choice to respond when something seems off. I do believe that most members know when someone steps out of bounds in what they say. Safety issues are another matter completely and we cannot allow certain talk to be left unchecked.
I won't comment on the rules for having Vet status but things are much more serious and much more laid back there not to mention sometimes very boring lol. I personally like it for those who have proven they can live in our house and not get kicked out. I realize there are many members with less than the requirements that are very knowledgeable and some members have been here a long time but just don't post much so don't think for a moment that I can't sympathize.
The news is no laughing matter. As long as there's a story to tell that can be sensationalized fairly or not it will continue. I will say and I bet most would agree that the biggest issue by far is drone idiots. Actual flying object with mass is going to cause a disaster. I can't stand either one and I know that's likely just about every member here.

Pete
Hey pman i just wanted to say thanks. I 100% agree with you. People are afraid to ask questions because people will respond with a "let me google that for you" or say "use the forum search" which i might add has never gotten me an actual post, it always says "no results found". Anyway its not really the veterans so much as people with 3-400 posts... and newer members there are people like pman who are willing to help even if your question has been asked before, its better to ask than to be blind.

Edit: okay obviously asking "where can buy 100000MW yellow laser under $10 to blind airplane and thine enemy?" Would warrant one of those responses, just had to make sure that was understood.

Last edited: