Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

* * * * * The Best Priced 1 Watt+ 520nm Green Laser Diode Offerings on ebay * * * * *

SyKo

Syko when are you gonna stock 200mW green modules?( they are $50 usd each!!!

Not for a while, went on a bit of spending spree and need to wait for my existing stuff to sell but when i do i am sure i can go below 50usd.
Apparently higher quality DPSS crystals for 532nm arnt being manufactured and the price is going up on them which has already caused myself a headache.

But for now i am busy working on large project that hopefully people from this forum will enjoy :)

Last edited:
Not for a while, went on a bit of spending spree and need to wait for my existing stuff to sell but when i do i am sure i can go below 50usd.
Apparently higher quality DPSS crystals for 532nm arnt being manufactured and the price is going up on them which has already caused myself a headache.

But for now i am busy working on large project that hopefully people from this forum will enjoy :)

The elusive true 200mW 532 modules have been really hard to find. I bought a few off ebay but both were around 100-150mW. It will be great to have a trusted source for these. Can't wait to see what you've been working on. Any hints?

SyKo

The elusive true 200mW 532 modules have been really hard to find. I bought a few off ebay but both were around 100-150mW. It will be great to have a trusted source for these. Can't wait to see what you've been working on. Any hints?

Involves servers, logos, T@C's along with some other stuff :)

I'm within 25 miles of SeaTac airport and have planes flying over, but they are very high up and I have never had a problem with shining any laser at the clouds here. Nice find on the diode, Alaskan. What are you doing in Afghanistan?

Edit: I bought some 200mW 532nm DPSSLs from aptlightingworld a couple years ago and they were right on spec. Had to adjust the drivers up on a couple, but they hit the mark. Can't say for sure what they are doing now as the ones I've seen are different looking than the older ones.

Last edited:
No, they are just the 1 watt 808nm pump diode, the crystals and the driver. Focus is set at the factory, but they have adjustable drivers, so you can change the output if you want. I got a package deal on a few 2 or more years ago. They seemed to me to be a good deal back then, but I can't vouch for the new ones.

Last edited:

Pman

Dont know why 200MW is such a hard target to hit with a 532nm but I can say the few pens I purchased over the last few years that claimed it were also around that 150mW range like others received.

(As of this date: May 9th, 2016) - This China ebay seller/Techhood has a one watt NDG7475 laser diode from a NUM01 listed for 165.00 USD. Robinson of Techhood has always stood behind his sales for me, although they do make mistakes from time to time but have always been more than willing to make it good for me. I've ordered from him at least (edit: now that I think about it more) twenty times, in my experience perhaps a 5% failure rate on getting the order right but I don't know if that is common for most buyers.

Techhood $165: Nichia NDG7475 520nm 1000mW Green Laser Diode Extracted NUM01 Laser Bank | eBay - Is there an inert gas in this laser diode assembly? What happens if you remove the lens, will oxygen then get to the diode dye to reduce the life?

I think that extracted diode isn't actually the NDG7475, it's the NUGM01T, which has lower power.

Last edited:
I think that extracted diode isn't actually the NDG7475, it's the NUGM01T, which has lower power.

SLIGHTLY lower power.. they're very very close. Both PEAK around the same wattage as well, I actually feel the NUGM01T, like the NUBM-series diodes, handle more current than standard NDG/NDB diodes. I've taken all of my NUGM01Ts to over 1.4W running between 2.2A to 2.6A. Plus, since everyone is so scared of open can diodes they have to drop the prices compared to the canned units just to sell them.

I've had more canned diodes burn out on me than open canned diodes.

If anyone wants my last NUGM01T for $160 extracted and decanned - only use was testing - send me a PM. I could also leave it in the 12mm copper (full copper w/ Cu back half) module for an extra $15 with your specified length of 18 AWG stranded copper tinned w/ tin PTFE, 22 AWG solid copper core PTFE, 24 AWG stranded copper silicone (60/0.08), or 26 AWG fine stranded copper silicone (64/40 - can handle 6A or slightly more no prob).. or complete in a Sky Ray S-R5 Host w/ Lazeerer's X-Drive running on 2x18350 TangsFire 1500mah (actual 750mah I believe) 30A (I kind of believe this is possible, if not, maybe something realistically high like 20A - I haven't tested this yet, but they're my favorite 18350s) running at a conservative factory rated 1000mw for longevity - this is already brighter than any of my 6W-7W NUBM05Ts or NUBM44s - $390 obo - PM me!

DTR

It is but they get more page views and sales by listing it as something that is similar and popular instead of what it actually is. Look at what they did with the China G's calling them 405-G-2. They could have called them anything they wanted but better sales by copying the name of something that is already well known. It is a pretty standard Chinese sales tactic.

I would guess not many people outside of this forum or PL forums would know what a NUGM01T is and if looking for a high power direct green diode in after searching around would be looking for a NDG7475. Stumble across that listing not perceiving any difference and buy it as it seems like an amazing price.

Last edited:

Cel

Seeing this is a thread about 520nm, I was wondering which lens would be the best option for these diodes, considering divergence (and not losing too much power).

For example, what would a 3 element glass lens do to a NDG7475? Or G9 (the lens that come with NDB7875)? Or some other lens.

Data on lens and diode combination is quite scarce compared to the data about LDs. Everyone is talking about power all the time, but divergence is rarely mentioned.

I like the G7, but I have a Jet 10x expander set aside for my 520 and I think the 7475 has better divergence by a small amount, so I would go with a G2, possible defocused a bit and the expander.

Otherwise I think the G7.

Here's a 520nm Nichia NUGM01T with a Plano-Maniscus (flat bottom round top) with around a 7mm to 9mm EFL (lens was a little dirty):

1/8th Exposure:

11517-one-eighth.jpg

1/60th Exposure:

11518-one-sixtieth.jpg

1/24000th Exposure:

11519-one-twenty-four-thousanths.jpg

I thought it was a G2.. forgot I put one of my "high EFL" blue lenses in here.. but I love it. Unfortunately I'm either too tired to figure it out or my Galaxy S6 Edge just can't capture the beautiful dense cone shape.. I use these Plano-Maniscus, Plano-Convex, or the doublets (either one out of three of the 3EGLs lenses, or two (if it's a doublet - usually a plano-maniscus overall) with high EFLs for nice & tight beams that seem to converge from 5ft out to infinity. I swear they work better than the 3EGLs they came out of!

Last edited: