Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The 2012 Projectors..

sinner

By far, C4$iO has been a pretty decent source and its about time when cheaper alternatives are discovered. Although we know how reliable these Pj's hs been i think we have to think out of the box for a while and create a list of possible PJ's which would really be useful to stock and potentially help improve the limited inventory..

I stumbled upon AC3R unveiled K.520 at Pro AV markets at ISE 2012.

Another one was 0pt0ma ZW2.1.0.ST Laser Projector
To be announced this very week.. $1499 PriceTag..

p3x5i.jpg

This is a 2000Lumens model but who knows it has 8~12 diodes producing that much.. These are 2012 models so i would expect that to be a true 2W LD , I mean it should be here by now and we don't know!!:thinking:
So what came to my mind was that companies like V.S and Ac3R has always come up with cheaper products , they are not popular for their reliability..
There has been little to no testing outside the C$$$O range..

should be sexy, cant wait to see if they use a red led or red lasers maybe this will contain the 500mw 635nm diodes and this is why we have been waiting for them.
Or maybe its just a C@$!0 clone.
But i will keep my finger crossed.
What a day to be able to buy a projector with both 2W 445nm diodes and 0.5W 635nm diodes.

sinner

If all of the three wavelengths are lasers, then we hit a jackpot eh?!
This just created curiousity.. i wouldnt expect >200mW Direct Greens HolyMoly!!
Reds are very much possible but a $1499 pricetag would make me think it is just the c$$eO clone..!!

The K.520 has a 1,499$ price tag?
From what i read and looked around i would thinking a price of 600$ to 800$
If they priced it higher than the casio projector you would be better off buying the casio model, as they have higher quality and reputation.
Also they do say its a laser/led hybrid so i think it will have a red led buy who knows maybe its a green led with red and blue lasers.

Last edited:

sinner

If they priced it higher than the casio projector you would be better off buying the casio model, as they have higher quality and reputation.
Also they do say its a laser/led hybrid so i think it will have a red led buy who knows maybe its a green led with red and blue lasers.

Sorry my bad, The Image is K520 Ac3R.. I had no further details on its pricing.

Whereas the 0pt0ma is The one released this month and its $1499..
Well that LED/Laser hybrid does seem to pop our balloon..

I too dont think acer would cost <$1000.. It would be something closer to $500 if we get lucky.. The main-stream projectors of this class would cost $385~$450 this shouldnt go beyond twice that!!!

Well the k.330 model sells for 500$ so the new k.520 would be priced above that by at least 100$ i would think.

sinner

And thats a DLP.. acer would charge anything for now to cover its RnD.. Too bad us laser hobbyists have eye on it and it would be taken apart , to hell with their RnD XD we just need them DyOdES!!!!

DTR

Did anybody notice this quote in the press release on that Acer unit.

"(no, you can’t cut through objects with these lasers)"

I wonder if it is an innocent joke.

Maybe they will take measures to keep people from harvesting them.

Yea like if you take the screws out in the wrong order the LD array self destructs :gun:

Did anybody notice this quote in the press release on that Acer unit.

"(no, you can’t cut through objects with these lasers)"

I wonder if it is an innocent joke.

Maybe they will take measures to keep people from harvesting them.

I think that joke is aimed at our expectations of more and more powerful diodes on every subsequent product, so they're joking that these won't be some kind of 2W diodes that can cut through objects.

I highly doubt they'll take such measures. We're giving them more sales because they are harvest-able.

Please edit the c@sios out of your post. We dont need search engines picking this up. :scowl:

You know better man.

sinner

Yea like if you take the screws out in the wrong order the LD array self destructs :gun:

Well , thats a superb idea and it doesnt even need much work, just a controlled cap discharge connected to one or more of the screws inside LD array.. I hope they arnt reading lpf , we should pre-ban them :yabbmad:

P.S: I remember being a member of a tech forum a couple years back , which i lost track of and stopped using.. It had a feature to sensor words that contain "profanity" or "abusive words" .. So far as it seems using C#$io is conisdered to be profanity and this is a laser-tech forum :whistle:

P.S: I remember being a member of a tech forum a couple years back , which i lost track of and stopped using.. It had a feature to sensor words that contain "profanity" or "abusive words" .. So far as it seems using C#$io is conisdered to be profanity and this is a laser-tech forum :whistle:

We did talk about it, but nothing ever became of it. :yabbmad:

sinner

We did talk about it, but nothing ever became of it. :yabbmad:

Oh! Sorry , what was i thinking :bowdown:
Well that should be added to the Typical Day At LPF v2.0 if you havent written it all down yet!!! :na:

The angry face was not for you. It was meant that nobody did anything after we all talked about it.

I have to be inspired to V2. I have not felt very creative since then.

sinner

The angry face was not for you. It was meant that nobody did anything after we all talked about it.

I have to be inspired to V2. I have not felt very creative since then.
I agree, There arnt enough nooby questions atm, or maybe they have been taught well!!
Anyways !!
@topic: Im discovering some more interesting stuff will be updating the OP if i find something of worth!!

Last edited: