Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thanks drlava woot . . .

boscoj

that was fast . . .

anyone know what this glass lens is, 405-G-1?

now I can start cutting up this heatsink.

2010-07-17%2011.49.55.jpg

daguin

It is an AixiZ lens. Just look at a reflection of light in the lens. If it is bluish, the lens is coated for red light. It is **reflecting** blue light. If it is yellowish or brownish it is coated for blue light

Peace,
dave

boscoj

It appears to have a blue tinge to it. Does this mean it's an AixiZ 405?

So I don't have to get a different lense I guess . . . at least I have the module now and can start mocking stuff up . . .

Last edited:
^You should take time to really read people's responses..

It is an AixiZ lens. Just look at a reflection of light in the lens. If it is bluish, the lens is coated for red light. It is **reflecting** blue light. If it is yellowish or brownish it is coated for blue light

Peace,
dave

daguin

It appears to have a blue tinge to it. Does this mean it's an AixiZ 405?

So I don't have to get a different lense I guess . . . at least I have the module now and can start mocking stuff up . . .

You don't have to do anything as far as I am concerned. It's not my laser/diode ;)

Re-read my post above.

It is reflecting blue light, NOT letting it through. It is AR coated for red light, NOT blue light. You can use it, but the output will be reduced by it.

Peace,
dave

boscoj

I still don't know what this is, drlava's site just said "glass"

If the lens has a bluish tint to it, it's for red lasers. I don't know how it could be put any simpler. I'm also not sure why you're so confused. You said your lens "appears to have a blue tinge to it".. IT'S FOR RED LASERS!!!!!!!!!!!

daguin

If the lens has a bluish tint to it, it's for red lasers. I don't know how it could be put any simpler. I'm also not sure why you're so confused. You said your lens "appears to have a blue tinge to it".. IT'S FOR RED LASERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Subtle troll

Peace,
dave

Blocking someone like EF won't get you anywhere! Lol

Where'd you get this lens from? Dr Lava?

Blocking someone like EF won't get you anywhere! Lol

Where'd you get this lens from? Dr Lava?

He just added one of those glass lenses as an option on the Dr. Lava driver order page. Boscoj can figure out the rest from the already sufficient replies in this topic.

Be careful, if you test it with that lens. You might get too much power reflected back onto the diode face. Heck, you could probably just sell it at cost, or even better, buy a few cheap red LOC's and use the red lens for a custom red laser too.