Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Techhood, anyone have experienced with them?

Gadget

Search my posts. I had a problem once with Techhood. Robinson came through and made it BEYOND right.

An error was made with some 805t diodes. I was shipped the wrong item by mistake. They immediately stepped up and reshipped my diodes, and Robinson threw in a couple of drivers on top of that. This was all done with no proof of the mistake other than my word to Robinson in email. That's what I call top notch customer service!

I'd buy from Techhood anytime, and I recommend them.

FWiW,
G

Although Im hesitant to give a 100 % recommendation at present, I never had any problems with him in the past.

Im also not sure what to make of the negative feedback, if you consider the value of the items sold/refunded and the comments posted. In all, the negatives count for less than 1 % of his total sales this year.

Anyway, if you want to wait a week, Ill update with my situation - I havent given feedback yet. :beer:

Last edited:

coal

Honestly, the few negative feedbacks don't bother me, that was just for making a point in response to the suspicious post someone else made.

BTW, I take Robinson is the nickname of the seller from techhood? (I say nickname because chinese sellers usually use real western names as nicknames, maybe to make the communication easier).
Is he also on LPF?

PS. I'm probably not going to buy any components this week, on holidays then busy with some video mapping work, so please do let me know about any updates you'll have with him/her.

Last edited:
Only mistakes Techhood made on my orders were the quantities were wrong by one when ordering a large number of inexpensive little parts on one order, on another he specified 2 PCS but sent one on another inexpensive item, both of which he offered to correct by quickly sending the parts by air via DHL at his expense, but I didn't need them fast so have just had him add the parts to future orders. From this, it's obvious to me this guy stands behind his sales, if he makes a mistake will jump through a hoop to fix it, at least, this has been my experience.

While an error is not something you want to happen, it's better than lies and misrepresented items that I get from time to time from all of the other China laser shops on ebay. This doesn't mean the other shops don't sell exactly what they represent much of the time too, I just don't want to take the risk with other China ebay sellers anymore when I've been disappointed by them in the past. Honest mistakes are not unforgivable, but inflated specifications for power output or showing one item in a photo and sending a lessor quality one, such as that "Laser...s" ebay seller has pulled on me, that I don't forgive to come back again. I complained to them about their using a photo of an expander with a much larger aperture sitting on a printed scale showing size was a scam when they send you a smaller one of lessor quality, but they still won't stop using that photo to sell them, thus they are scamming.

As far as Techhood goes, I believe he is an honest seller who strives to do well by his customers.

Last edited:
I've dealt with Robinson at Techood many times over the past three years and have always gotten excellent service going through him. I've often gotten discounts on laser diode purchases, especially when purchasing 5 or more diodes. I've had nothing but excellent dealings with him, in particular.

Ok quick update: Techhood is a good guy he really went out of his way to help and Im very impressed with his quick replies and his customer service. In short, I can highly recommend him. :beer:

I have very recently ordered a quantity of many different items from techhood. He provides quite a bit of a discount when ordering multiple pieces and will gladly send a PayPal invoice outside of that auction site.

AngelG

hello, I have bought several things from him. He must be pretty busy, because he is not leaving me feedback on the transactions wo being asked, also he doesn't comment on some questions. The items I received so far are SLD3237 5.6mm diode and a SLED of BDR209. The SLED looks ok, though it could be better protected - if I wanted it as replacement part, I woldn't be that happy. Don't know where DTR orders his SLEDs, but it might be at this store. The SLD3237 diode was well protected in plastic box, antistatic bag and bubble *** (don't know the word) sheet of nylon. It looks genuine, but I have to wire it and test it's differential efficiency at 200mW against several other diodes of the same line to confirm this. It seems that the person at techhood tracks what are the popular goods here and delivers some of them. Nothing more creative. He uses the DTR's results to market the extracted diodes.

Last edited:
hello, I have bought several things from him. He must be pretty busy, because he is not leaving me feedback on the transactions wo being asked, also he doesn't comment on some questions. The items I received so far are SLD3237 5.6mm diode and a SLED of BDR209. The SLED looks ok, though it could be better protected - if I wanted it as replacement part, I woldn't be that happy. Don't know where DTR orders his SLEDs, but it might be at this store. The SLD3237 diode was well protected in plastic box, antistatic bag and bubble *** (don't know the word) sheet of nylon. It looks genuine, but I have to wire it and test it's differential efficiency at 200mW against several other diodes of the same line to confirm this. It seems that the person at techhood tracks what are the popular goods here and delivers some of them. Nothing more creative. He uses the DTR's results to market the extracted diodes.

I've found that the best time to communicate with him is after midnight EST. He usually responds in just a few minutes.

Last edited: