Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Talk me out of it

A game developer? I'd love to talk to you about that sometime. I think that's what I'm gonna be when I'm older. Do you use AIM?

You got xbox 360?

Check out solaris - that is his game

You got xbox 360?

Check out solaris - that is his game

Actually it's 'Solar'. But solaris would be a nice name for a sequel :) You guys should see the game I'm working on now, it's being developed for XBLA and it looks amazing, I'll be testing a Flash version of it on these forums eventually...

Anyway, someone in B/S/T is selling a Herc 500 for about $1000 and I've pounced on it. If it's legit, I have my laser :)

Idk about that a Herc 500 That can go for 3.5k new being sold for 1k? Seems a little odd. Would be careful and see if their willing to send it back to laser glow or somebody to get it tested. But man if that was real that would be one heck of a deal..... But I would be willing to bet that it's a Herc 325, Hopefully I am wrong but hey we will see and if I am you are going to get a great laser if somebody doesn't fight you for it lol as I would jump on that laser for 1k : )

Last edited:

Mo13

Actually it's 'Solar'. But solaris would be a nice name for a sequel :) You guys should see the game I'm working on now, it's being developed for XBLA and it looks amazing, I'll be testing a Flash version of it on these forums eventually...

I will. Do you have a gamertag? Mine's "Anorexic Fox".

Eh, I think you're right, it's just a Herc 325. Still pretty good, but since I was thinking of a higher powered model anyway I may as well get it new. Much better new, then I can take care of my new baby from day one :)

Hey el-taco, I'm building a 150mW green based on jayrob's DIY green kit and an o-like 150mW module at the moment. If you're interested I can sell it to you for about $200-250 AUD, including 2 CR123a batteries and a charger.

To the OP, I didn't even read your post but since I just spent more money I didn't really have on a Opto 100mW, I'd say whatever it is your buying, GET IT!!!:na:

Hey el-taco, I'm building a 150mW green based on jayrob's DIY green kit and an o-like 150mW module at the moment. If you're interested I can sell it to you for about $200-250 AUD, including 2 CR123a batteries and a charger.

For sure man! I can only pay by bank transfer though :|

Long story about the whole paypal thing... the TL;DR of the issue is that paypal is nice until its mean. then its just evil

*sigh*

The 1 Watt unit I checked out was a scam: http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/1-watt-green-handheld-unit-45181.html
The Herc seems to of slipped through my fingers: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/hercules-500mw-green-laser-sale-high-power-45152-2.html

This may possibly be the laser gods trying to tell me something, that trying to get a high powered greenie into Australia might be more hassle than it's worth.

I'm afraid I may have to take the hint and just go back to my trusty RPL-300. If I hear of a good LaserGlow deal of at least a 25% discount, maybe I'll reconsider...

Damn. I was waiting to see if you would be able to get that Herc in. I reckon 2k for a herc-400 is damn good value, but I'm really not keen to risk it unless I know other people have got them in... oh well at least I have my new 150mW green to play with tonight.

Damn. I was waiting to see if you would be able to get that Herc in. I reckon 2k for a herc-400 is damn good value, but I'm really not keen to risk it unless I know other people have got them in... oh well at least I have my new 150mW green to play with tonight.

Are you saying you're not going to risk 2k on a herc because you don't know if it's good or money on the e bay place?
Because if it's on the herc you have nothing at all to worry about buying from one of the most reputable companies to offer lasers. Actually laser glow or optronics would be the only way I would go if I were to drop that amount of cash and I did an I have an RPL 450 because at the time it was cheaper.

Are you saying you're not going to risk 2k on a herc because you don't know if it's good or money on the e bay place?
Because if it's on the herc you have nothing at all to worry about buying from one of the most reputable companies to offer lasers. Actually laser glow or optronics would be the only way I would go if I were to drop that amount of cash and I did an I have an RPL 450 because at the time it was cheaper.

Oh no it's not about the Herc. It's about importing an illegal laser pointer into Australia... even if I ship the head separately there's a reasonable chance I could lose the 2k... worst case scenario they hit me with a fine (up to $110,000) :(

Oh no it's not about the Herc. It's about importing an illegal laser pointer into Australia... even if I ship the head separately there's a reasonable chance I could lose the 2k... worst case scenario they hit me with a fine (up to $110,000) :(

Oh ok sorry Thought you were saying Laser glow was an untrustworthy company : )
You could always have it shipped to some body in the stats so then its a personal package and not from a company and plus in 2 peaces they wouldn't know what it was let alone be able to turn it on.