Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

swamidog on BBC World News

I was contacted by BBC (British Broadcasting Company) World News and asked for an interview about my laser petroglyph artwork. On Friday, April 15, BBC Producer Joanne Whalley and her crew met with me at Painted Rock Petroglyph Site in Arizona and then traveled to my house to continue the interview and film my process of converting petroglyph photographs into laser art.

My work centers around preservation and interpretation of petroglyphs using lasers and video projection. I have won eleven international awards for my laser artwork and it will be available at SWAIA in Santa Fe in December.

The episode has finally aired (they had to shuffle it to a different date). I don't yet have a link to my full segment, but there is a short clip from the interview here:

BBC World News - The Travel Show, Pearl Harbor, Turning rock carvings into laser projections

I will post a link to the full segment as soon as I have it.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

BobMc

Congrats, that's just to cool. Can't wait for the show to air. I'm impressed! Nice!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Congratulations swamidog, very impressive! :beer:
It's not very often that lasers are portayed in a positive light by the media.
:thanks: for sharing this with us.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

Wow that's awesome It also explains my confusion on one of your Facebook images. I always thought you were projecting them on huge boulders outside until I noticed the fake sky xD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's awesome It also explains my confusion on one of your Facebook images. I always thought you were projecting them on huge boulders outside until I noticed the face sky xD.

i was originally working outside, but summer time in southern az is 115F and there are scorpions and rattlesnakes and chupacabra so it wasn't much fun.

That's awesome Chris! :D:D

Kinda strange seeing you/your place/your art on a BBC show after seeing it on my Facebook feed... :p

there's nothing weirder than me saying: "hey, the BBC is in my garage".

;)

Last edited:
simply awesome. I like your work.
I really think you are onto something huge here. I see a great potential for expansion of this art form.
Do you plan on a scale up? What about a telling of a legend using the Petroglyphs in a moving animated
form on a larger scale?

I love the images. You have me wanting more!

BIG THUMBS UP! Inspiration in it's truest form.

Last edited: