Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Laser Open Thread

Garoq

Hi Fellow LPF Members,

My name is Gary Rosenfield, and my wife Lorraine and I own and operate Survival Laser, Inc., a Utah, USA-based company selling electronic components, host hardware, flashlights, optics, safety products, batteries, tools and accessories to the laser hobbyist community since 2010.

37687929804_b45260d20f_b.jpg

I also run a business called RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc. which takes up much of my time (RCS sells rocket-related products to hobby, commercial and educational customers under the AeroTech, Quest and other brand names). The purpose of this thread is to more actively engage with members and customers to obtain your feedback (good and bad), publish company news and solicit ideas for new and improved products and services.

A few things up front. I have been interested in lasers since I was around 10 years old. I built an argon gas laser when I was in high school and it won second place in the Orange County, CA science fair. Around the same time I was involved in the rocketry hobby and also had an interest in solar power. My attention to lasers waned and rocketry became my primary interest and eventual avocation until I saw an ad for the Wicked Lasers Spyder III Arctic in mid-2010. It was at that time I told my wife that "I think I've found a new hobby!" :whistle:

32086710966_1906d98d55_o.jpg

I noticed right away that it was relatively difficult for me to find products in a straightforward manner, and I felt that the hobby could use a more business-oriented approach that we had developed with the rocket companies.

Next, we had to divide the business into two separate webstores several years ago because of FDA concerns; survivallaser.com is the store for our international customers, while survivallaserusa.com is the store for our U.S. customers. The U.S. product line is more restrictive and vague on the exact application of the items. I cannot elaborate much more than that. We have found that this arrangement has worked well for us since its implementation.

Finally, we ran out of our popular stainless steel hosts last year but they are now back in stock. I plan to modify the multiple product pages to a single page offering the host with and without heat sinks and various marking and other options to make the buying process easier.

32079188445_87f55a5f64_o.jpg

A couple of notes before we start:
- I do not know everything about the hobby, but I learn more every day
- My strengths are currently geared more towards the business side of the hobby
- I will be professional, please return the respect

With that, I await your comments. :beer:

-Gary

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome Gary and Lorraine, it's nice to be able to put a face with your name! :beer:

-Jeff-

Last edited:
I love some of the hosts you have on your web site, good prices too.

Hey Gary, Thanks for the reply to my inquiry regarding SS/alum S4X hosts! I personally have had nothing but good experiences with survivallaserusa.com

I like what you offer on your site. The site has an issue with mobile devices where I can't pan to the bottom of the main drop down menu without the menu disappearing especially on the main home page.

EDIT: few wishlist things
Blank contact boards w/spring.
The green heatsink isnt available within some of the hosts config menus.
14500 hosts/heatsinks.
18350 hosts/heatsinks
10440 hosts/heatsinks

Last edited:

Garoq

I like what you offer on your site. The site has an issue with mobile devices where I can't pan to the bottom of the main drop down menu without the menu disappearing especially on the main home page.

That problem seems to come and go. I'll file a ticket with their customer support.

Thanks!

BobMc

Was wondering if you could make it an option with the c6 no diode bundle, the driver pill with the shelf on it? Or maybe just buy one without a driver attached to it? I searched but couldn't find that option? Thanks

Garoq

Was wondering if you could make it an option with the c6 no diode bundle, the driver pill with the shelf on it? Or maybe just buy one without a driver attached to it? I searched but couldn't find that option? Thanks

That's a great idea and I think we will list all the hosts in a simpler manner with all the available options.

In the meantime, here is the pill with the driver shelf by itself:

Driver Heat Sink Pill & Brass Ring

BobMc

Thanks, couldn't find it. Buying. :)~~~~~~edit, bought, got cool stuff to build with now!��

Last edited:
Always great service and info!! I have not spent a super crazy amount with you.... but I really don't want to know how much. Laser projector parts some day? Not many usa pj parts guys out there...

Last edited:

Garoq

Always great service and info!! I have not spent a super crazy amount with you.... but I really don't want to know how much. Laser projector parts some day? Not many usa pj parts guys out there...

Thanks...can you give me an idea of the types of projector parts that would be of interest?

Dichros.. optics including mounts.. drivers meant for longer use.. hmm that's just off the top of my head.. I also know a lot of these handheld guys are starting to use corrective optics on these higher powered diodes. Just an idea of course.