Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Super Beast Green

Ordered mine on the 21st. Just got it in the mail today. This is my first high power laser other then cheap >5mW lasers. For $27 shipped to my house its not too bad. Im impressed. I can see the beam slightly If im looking directly behind the laser as I point in my sun filled kitchen right now. Im excited to test it out tonight. Although I dont have any 3.7v batteries just the one that came with the laser and 2 Tenrgy 3.0v LifePo4 batteries which are currently charging but I doubt they will be any better then the battery provided since they are both 3.0v.

Im going to order some 3.7V batteries. Will this laser be noticeably brighter with 3.7V batteries?

Im going to order some 3.7V batteries. Will this laser be noticeably brighter with 3.7V batteries?

I think it really depends on the battery's available current and its internal resistance rather than just the voltage.

I think it really depends on the battery's available current and its internal resistance rather than just the voltage.

Very true, Do you know of some good batteries? I actually just ordered some Ultrafire 3.7V 850? or maybe it was 880mah batteries.

Very true, Do you know of some good batteries? I actually just ordered some Ultrafire 3.7V 850? or maybe it was 880mah batteries.

Sorry, no I don't know which 16340s or CR123As are best. I just have the cheap Juice brand rechargeables.

mod101

AW seems to have the best quality batteries, they are a little bit more expensive but they are worth it from what I have heard around LPF. they make rcr123s but where to get them I have no idea.

I have other UF batteries and they're fine although the AW's will be a higher quality. The problem with DX is it;ll take a month to get here. Battery Junction sells them for $4 each but you'll have them in a few days. Personally I'd rather pay around $11 shipped for a pair to have them quicker and support an independently owned small business here in the US.

Grargh I really wish these Super Beasts were shipped international!
I understand IQS's reasons but I cant help feeling dissapointed.. :(

mod101

Grargh I really wish these Super Beasts were shipped international!
I understand IQS's reasons but I cant help feeling dissapointed.. :(

If you found someone trustable in the US you could get them to order it and ship it to you.

If you found someone trustable in the US you could get them to order it and ship it to you.

I really wish I could do that and thanks for the suggestion.
I'm fairly new here and I don't really have any people I know or trust. Plus I have nothing to offer them in return, excepting money of course... which is not exactly my strong point, hence me buying cheap green lasers.

Catch 22. :tinfoil:

Edit: Also the #100 and the normal 006 look exactly the same, which could turn into quite a lucrative enterprise for the less honest individuals. So I would need to find someone I can REALLY trust. Sniff.

Last edited:

mod101

I really wish I could do that and thanks for the suggestion.
I'm fairly new here and I don't really have any people I know or trust. Plus I have nothing to offer them in return, excepting money of course... which is not exactly my strong point, hence me buying cheap green lasers.

Catch 22. :tinfoil:

Edit: Also the #100 and the normal 006 look exactly the same, which could turn into quite a lucrative enterprise for the less honest individuals. So I would need to find someone I can REALLY trust. Sniff.

I would have offered to do it but I don't feel my post count or rep is high enough for me to be a 'trustable' member of the forums. Vets like Phenoix77 are trustable, because they have so much put into the forums and they wouldnt want to destroy that, also they might be able to use an LPM on your meter so you can know the exact output.