Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Styro's New 1,000,000 W Laser

Quote BowtieGuy:

Good idea, Chris, I was going to ask the same question. I also looked at a lot of ebay listings of these, and the costs are all over the place, but there are quite a few that look similar to Styro's, and are priced in the $500 - $600 range.

I want one of these babies now, gotta try that hand trick.... well.... not, but I want to see how the 532 nm works, appears it needs collimation though, doesn't look it is. I was so close to buying one several times before, but since I've learned how much Chinese sellers outright bold face lie on ebay about the power output levels of their lasers, I've resisted. However, if I can get the model number Styro bought and the seller, I won't have concerns now, not since seeing this video.

I did test the included goggles at 8:50 in the video! I didn't take LPM measurements because they are clearly useless.

My unit has a "1320nm" tip too but I'm pretty sure it's just a lens in there. The 532nm KTP tip works amazingly well for being outside of the cavity.

I actually own two of these units as well as a spare head that I was able to get used for cheap. In my experience, the sub $500 "870mJ" model outperformed the more expensive "2000mJ" model in pulse energy but that could be simply due to wear on the flashlamp. Plus, the user interface on both go up to 2000mJ. The "2000mJ" model had an aiming 5mW 650nm red laser combined with the output which was super useful, but that one has been torn down for another project. Keep in mind that the sellers likely copy titles from one another though. Any ~$500 listing that shows a laser that looks like mine will likely be the same model that I showed in my video.

Edit: re collimation, the tips are fixed focus with a focal point a few inches in front of the laser

Thanks, I've seen a video once of someone shooting 1064 nm into a external KTP crystal on ebay and they sure do light up well producing lots of green when hit with that much short pulse high peak power 1064 nm. I was looking at some smaller units made just for removing eyebrow tattoos, but they are less power. Seems the unit you purchased has a lot of extra room inside the main box which is a waste of space, don't need to be that large?

LOL, found a video you will like ;)

He's using welding goggles! Wrong, don't use those, use real laser goggles or glasses for that one.

Warning: He F bombs a whole lot when burning himself, too much.

Here's one without the F bombs:

Last edited:
That's absolutely terrible :oops: The first video because he's obviously injuring himself and the second because she's actually advertising the damn thing!

Cool video pyro, that's one scary unit. For my own safety I will never buy such a thing 😅

Really nice video, Styro. As always, informative and fun.
The hazard deters me from working with anything over ~2 W. If I got something like this, it would end up collecting dust in a closet after a few experiments. What happens to all these projects after the video is made?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
RA, In all reality, you're probably right about where these will end up after experimenting with them a few times; I guess it's just the allure of that kind of power, even if it's only pulsed for fractions of a second. :)

@Alaskan, that guy in your first video is dumber than a box of rocks, hard to believe that he hasn't been the result of "natural selection" yet!

18LJ

Yah if you wanna do it the hard way u can use one of those units but if your covered head to toe in tattoos you no longer want and dont have the time to spend waiting hours while someone slowly zaps away at your skin... Then u gotta man up and go with one of these

LOL, found a video you will like ;)

He's using welding goggles! Wrong, don't use those, use real laser goggles or glasses for that one.

Warning: He F bombs a whole lot when burning himself, too much.

Here's one without the F bombs:

hi,
This guy in the video is nuts, As Ren said once "U IDIOT " What were you thinking???
BAC090C0-53BC-44AA-8782-D05119F6816A_4_5005_c.jpeg
Rich:)

Really nice video, Styro. As always, informative and fun.
The hazard deters me from working with anything over ~2 W. If I got something like this, it would end up collecting dust in a closet after a few experiments. What happens to all these projects after the video is made?
Most projects get parted out for use in other projects, but this one is so much fun I keep it ready to go at my shop. :D

Arctos

Styro, what is the beam quality like?
Saw the title on my recommended list and had a chuckle, 10/clickbait.

I've never had a pulsed laser before, and the energy to price ratio here is just too good. You've convinced me. I've got one on the way.

PRt1GQG.gif

Well, you don't have to be stupid with it. If you mean that hand held blue it is interesting but don't think that one will be showing up in the mail for me. The YAG though is interesting for green, have had an interest in YAG SHG for awhile now, just have not found a Chinese seller I trust enough to buy one from.