Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Street Sign Laser Warning

Whoa. Must be SOME laser.

I wonder where you can get one of them signs, I wanna stick one in my backyard ;D

Benm

Looks like it is Danish, and doesnt look photoshopped to me.

One possibility is that it is an area where they are surveying, or possible doing tests with survey/rangefinding gear and such. I'd assume its all fairly low power work, as it only says that using binoculars is dangerous, implying that looking into whatever they are using with the unaided eye is safe.

That's cool, but I wish whoever took the photo could take a straight picture.

It's probably supposed to look artsy, but just looks amateurish. ::)

Well the photo is called "Laser_by_Initio" Initio corporation produces microchips... Perhaps Initio is a town or name of a military base in Denmark or where ever it was taken... doesnt Initio mean "beginning" in latin? i only took 2 years of latin tho so im not sure....

Kenom

I would imagine that is at some kind of military installation of some sort where high powered IR lasers are shot all over a range of some sort. Obviously using a pair of binoculars would be a baaad idea.

Benm

I doubt it's a military testing range, those usually have warings about shots being fired as well (seriously, see attached beach pic from holland). It also babbles about that collecting unexploded ordinance is dangerous and that you'll be prosecuted for posessing any.

Attachments

• shootrange.jpg
    shootrange.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 166

Switch

motorider826 said:
Well the photo is called "Laser_by_Initio" Initio corporation produces microchips... Perhaps Initio is a town or name of a military base in Denmark or where ever it was taken... doesnt Initio mean "beginning" in latin? i only took 2 years of latin tho so im not sure....

"Initio" is the user's account name who uploaded it. ::)

It's definitely some kind of test range as you can see a range tower in the background and it's free of all trees. There are also antennas in the background. It could be a commercial test range for night vision systems, target illuminators, designators, communications systems or a host of other systems that are tested for commercial or military use.

There's no guarantee it's not military either as we only have a picture of this sign. There may be warning signs all over about the military range restrictions, etc.

Switch

We could just ask Initio on deviantart , maybe he took the picture himself, or knows the person who did... :p

I'm certain it's photoshop. The picture may have been taken at the beach. That looks like a lifeguard tower in the background. :)
I've spent enough time with photoshop to tell what's real and what's not.. I'm pretty sure it's a shopped picture.