Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Stonetek AixiZ Modules

Hello Everyone --
I was wondering if the AixiZ modules at Stonetek come with focusing rings.

I usually buy them at HighTechDealZ.

They all get them from the same manufacturer. The units come complete with plastic collimating lens.

FrothyChimp said:
They all get them from the same manufacturer. The units come complete with plastic collimating lens.
Not the plastic collimating lens, the actual silver focusing ring.

An Aixiz module is supposed to come with a driver body, diode mount, lens tension spring, collimating lens and a locking ring. Stonetek's come with all those components.

FrothyChimp said:
An Aixiz module is supposed to come with a driver body, diode mount, lens tension spring, collimating lens and a locking ring. Stonetek's come with all those components.

Mine didn't. Although that was a while back.

--hydro15

Here is a good tip that I figured out for myself & thought I'd pass on to you other members. Frequently, when one places the silver focusing ring on the plastic or metal lens housing, they screw it all the way on snugly so that when they turn the silver adjustment ring, they are actually turning the lens housing, hence moving the lens in or out. All good & well until you want to focus on something to burn up close, & you find out that you can't screw your lens in any further 'cause you screwed that silver ring on so far. So here's my simple tip; go to any automotive shop, & for only a few bucks, buy a 0.20 fl. oz. bottle of the MEDIUM STRENGTH THREAD LOCK. All you need do is apply 1 or 2 tiny drops of this liquid on the outer most threads of the collimating lens, & screw on your silver focusing ring, but only about half way. Set it aside to dry 24 hrs. Now you can screw your lens in as far as the diode inside if you want to. If you want to remove the silver ring, the bond is easily broken if you hold both the lens housing & the silver ring, & twist in opposite directions. But unless you do this, the bond stays quite tight. Just don't use alot, a little goes a long way. I use mine around the house & car, wherever I need to make sure a nut doesn't come loose on it's bolt or screw. Try this out & I'm sure you'll be happy with the results ;) rob / phoenix77 :cool:

phoenix77 said:
Here is a good tip that I figured out for myself & thought I'd pass on to you other members. Frequently, when one places the silver focusing ring on the plastic or metal lens housing, they screw it all the way on snugly so that when they turn the silver adjustment ring, they are actually turning the lens housing, hence moving the lens in or out. All good & well until you want to focus on something to burn up close, & you find out that you can't screw your lens in any further 'cause you screwed that silver ring on so far. So here's my simple tip; go to any automotive shop, & for only a few bucks, buy a 0.20 fl. oz. bottle of the MEDIUM STRENGTH THREAD LOCK. All you need do is apply 1 or 2 tiny drops of this liquid on the outer most threads of the collimating lens, & screw on your silver focusing ring, but only about half way. Set it aside to dry 24 hrs. Now you can screw your lens in as far as the diode inside if you want to. If you want to remove the silver ring, the bond is easily broken if you hold both the lens housing & the silver ring, & twist in opposite directions. But unless you do this, the bond stays quite tight. Just don't use alot, a little goes a long way. I use mine around the house & car, wherever I need to make sure a nut doesn't come loose on it's bolt or screw. Try this out & I'm sure you'll be happy with the results ;)    rob / phoenix77 :cool:
Yea, cool.

I suppose you know if StoneTek's Aixiz Modules come with focusing rings?

I bought a pre-installed diode from him last year, and it did not come with the focusing ring.

FrothyChimp said:
Well I suppose you should ask him. He sent me a couple and they did come with the rings. If he can't help OEM Laser has a few complete units sitting around. Check with him first as he has many more in stock than we do, plus he does free shipping if I remember correctly.

http://store.oemlasersystems.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9_71_75
Oh, ok...
If he sent you the rings then that means he carries them :)

Why isn't he on the forum anymore?

He once sent me a free focusing ring after I bought some diodes from his site. If he has spares to send that way he probably has them sent with each module as well. Hell, they better come with them for $6!