Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Star Trek TOS Phaser's Laser Modded For Sale..

ru124t

My phaser build used an ole ebay green 532 laser with like maybe 100mw lol. But.... It was a total pain to drill out that plastic bit but I did it with a cordless drill by hand!!!! With the ole start small and continuously use a bigger bit I made a hole that the laser could make it out through without hitting the sides!!!! But I must admit, it was an absolute total fluke!!!! I just took the leads for the bulb off and hollowed out the inside enough to put in the cheap ebay green module! I kept everything bone stock even the two aa batteries for power! Even the sound worked!!! Like I said total fluke but the beam comes out perfectly in line with the phaser. I know it would be near impossible for me to build a working second unit the same way.

Heay, if it weren't for unexpected good results many lasers I built when new to putting diodes into handheld hosts would never have happened at all. :ROFLMAO:

My phaser build used an ole ebay green 532 laser with like maybe 100mw lol. But.... It was a total pain to drill out that plastic bit but I did it with a cordless drill by hand!!!! With the ole start small and continuously use a bigger bit I made a hole that the laser could make it out through without hitting the sides!!!! But I must admit, it was an absolute total fluke!!!! I just took the leads for the bulb off and hollowed out the inside enough to put in the cheap ebay green module! I kept everything bone stock even the two aa batteries for power! Even the sound worked!!! Like I said total fluke but the beam comes out perfectly in line with the phaser. I know it would be near impossible for me to build a working second unit the same way.
Fantastic! My hat is off to your ingenuity!