Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Star Trek TOS Phaser's Laser Modded For Sale..

Yeah, I went years sometimes without watching any television, but mostly when I was younger and had no time for it. I remember putting in a huge antenna with a preamp and line amplifiers with a rotor on my first house back in 1977. I put cable drops in every room in that house. Even with my discounts it cost me several hundred dollars. Now cable or sat TV is what most people use, though the cost is getting a bit too high for me. Unfortunately, I have my internet coming down my cable so I would have to switch if I drop cable.

GSS

I just recently saw the episode "The City on the Edge of Forever". I can't remember this one episode for the life of me. Probably because it didn't have any phaser battling or Klingon's:unsure:
This one won a Hugo Award as they go back in time to Earth during the great depression.
The usual don't change the past as it will change the future plot. Very un Star Trek like as Kirk and Spock work in a soup Kitchen.
Great episode...
Yup like everyone said the TNG series was ok, I hated the props especially the dust buster phaser's. All the other spin offs maby watched a couple times.
Was watching a thing about the TNG props and prop people using evey day item's. In the bridge section on the TNG series they used about a 1,000 of those new style potato peelers that had have a round type blade and round handle. If you ever look they are mounted them high on the walls and go around the whole bridge. I guess painted they look light some type of high tech circuitry:whistle:

Wasn't Wesley played by Will Wheaton? The menace to Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory?

Last edited:
I remember that episode. Funny, but I seem to remember them better than episodes from later series. I have no idea who played Wesley. Not one of my favorite characters. I always thought he must have Hollywood parents as this roll was not needed at all.

Yeah, I went years sometimes without watching any television, but mostly when I was younger and had no time for it. I remember putting in a huge antenna with a preamp and line amplifiers with a rotor on my first house back in 1977. I put cable drops in every room in that house. Even with my discounts it cost me several hundred dollars. Now cable or sat TV is what most people use, though the cost is getting a bit too high for me. Unfortunately, I have my internet coming down my cable so I would have to switch if I drop cable.

Wow. That brings back memories. You were more advanced-I still remember going outside to manually rotate the antenna while my father told me when to stop. Luckily for me- NBC (Star Trek) was fairly ghost free. I saw the series in it's first run-in Black and White. Except for seeing it a time or two on my grandparents COLOR TV. :) I now live in a city-but on those RARE times I watch TV I use Rabbit Ears.

I just recently saw the episode "The City on the Edge of Forever". I can't remember this one episode for the life of me. Probably because it didn't have any phaser battling or Klingon's:unsure:
This one won a Hugo Award as they go back in time to Earth during the great depression.
The usual don't change the past as it will change the future plot. Very un Star Trek like as Kirk and Spock work in a soup Kitchen.
Great episode...
Yup like everyone said the TNG series was ok, I hated the props especially the dust buster phaser's. All the other spin offs maby watched a couple times.
Was watching a thing about the TNG props and prop people using evey day item's. In the bridge section on the TNG series they used about a 1,000 of those new style potato peelers that had have a round type blade and round handle. If you ever look they are mounted them high on the walls and go around the whole bridge. I guess painted they look light some type of high tech circuitry:whistle:

Wasn't Wesley played by Will Wheaton? The menace to Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory?
The City on The Edge of Forever- written by Harlan Ellison-won the Hugo. Kirk falling in love with Edith Keeler- and the tragedy ensuing to protect the "time line." Well written. The other two episodes that come to mind are visits to a planet that somehow recreated Nazi Germany-and the other one recreating 1930's Italian Mob gangster era. Phasers were "those fancy heaters." Oh and of course the modern recreation of Ancient Rome.
Dust Buster Phaser! HAHAHAHA! Exactly. I have ZERO interest in owning any prop replica's from that show. I wondered about Wesley. I thought they put him in to appeal to a kid audience.

GSS

They had a "book" of mobster's. Can't remember off hand where they got the book??
Them wanting "Those fancy heater's" i'll always remember.
Another episode that some gasses from a flower brought out the crew men's imaginations, where Sulu found a "old" revolver and explains to Kirk "that is shoot's a lead projectile by expanding gasses":giggle:

Last edited:
They had a "book" of mobster's. Can't remember off hand where they got the book??
Them wanting "Those fancy heater's" i'll always remember.
Another episode that some gasses from a flower brought out the crew men's imaginations, where Sulu found a "old" revolver and explains to Kirk "that is shoot's a lead projectile by expanding gasses":giggle:
The book of Mobsters! And somehow they got the accent too! Pretty funny.

GSS

https://www.herocomm.com/SurvivingProps/Phasers.htm

Some real interesting and just found facts about TV Star Trek props.. More phaser props made than thought, some broken down originals to show just how they were made. A just found original prop bill for a then $6,990..
Not just the phasers but the inner workings of the comunicator and tricoders back then. Good reading for anyone geek or not.
They are still looking for lost props and maby somewhere in your parents or grandparents attic you just might have a $50,000 collectible:)

Last edited: