Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Star Trek or Star Wars

Star Trek or Star Wars

• Star Trek

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

Asherz

Star Trek, only because of the new film though, otherwise overall I would probabally say starwars :)

diachi

Star Trek ! Especially the enterprise and original series :p

I'm with you on that one... you just can't beat Seven Of Nine and T'Pol...:drool:
Jerry

Star Wars!

Star Trek, the last movie was very good, but it doesn't go over episode III :p

Kenom

I really didn't like the new movie in as much as they changed the future thereby nullifying everything that happens in every movie thereafter.

Haven't seen it yet... waiting for it to come out on the "tube" (actually LCD)...
Need my money for Laser Stuff and Gas for the ride...:cool:

Jerry

I like 'em both. Prefer the old stuff to the new stuff though. Old Star Wars EP4/5/6 and Next Gen/TOS better than Voyager/DS9/Enterprise.

Oh man, I saw Star Trek yesterday, and there were a load of proper trekkies in it. It was even funnier because they were really old, like 50, and laughed really loud at everyting Scotty said. Me and my mates were like WTF?!

Asherz

It was an awsom film, I liked the way they set it up so now they can practically re-write the entire series again lol :p

I've always felt that I'm split between both camps:

I love Star Wars for the story, whereas I love Star Trek (original crew) for the characters.

But Palpatine trumps all.
IMPERATOR QUONDAM, IMPERATOR IN PERPETUUM!

Star Trek.

Star Wars is a story that could be set in a variety of environments. But Star Trek is most true to the essence of science fiction - to explore strange new worlds, to help imagine what the future is going to look like on our present course (or what it could be if we improved as a species), and to put the characters in imaginative environments only possible in the scifi context in a way that illustrates a truth about the human condition.

While I don't agree with a lot of what ST says along that vein (Their utopian society is absurd imho), at least they try, and many times do very well. DS9 moved away from that vision in its later seasons, and the new ST movie doesn't have any of it, but TOS and TNG did it great.