Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spyrorocks (brad) potentially join mod team

you ok with him being a mod?

• yeah hes cool

Votes: 46 90.2%
  • no, dont think he would be a great choice (email c0ldshadow saying why)

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
What an odd comment coming from a member of the KenomPosse!

1. This thread is about Spyro, not Laserbee, your post was nothing but one more dig against jerry by the KenomPosse. I would have thought you guys would have learned by now, how many permanent bans does it take? :banned:

Once again Jerry has not said a word and suddenly someone from the KenomPosse chimes in to try and start shit up again. Guess it's a good thing I'm not a Mod, I'd just ban you all and be done with these retarded games.

2. I have absolutely nothing against Spyro, I don't know him particularly well but what I have seen has been generally positive.

3. Regardless of what I think of Spyro personally, I have a bad feeling about vendors becoming mods on the forum. I think the original rule that prevented vendors from being mods was a good one and I would stick with it. Just to reiterate, like I said before I have absolutely nothing against Spyro, but I agree with TJ that you will inevitibly get a conflict of interest with a Vendor also being a Moderator.

4. My Vote is NO, I don't think it is appropriate for Vendors to also be Moderates, I think that's just asking for trouble. But ultimately Avery, it's up to you as it's really your risk to take not ours. If it were me I wouldn't do it.

It was no attack, its a serious discussion, and the comment was relevant. You need to keep it shut buddy, you are just an un-informed noob, :beer:

Be that as it may, Jerry and I don't get along the best but we both know that its just the interwebz and its not to be taken serious, Jerry is a smart guy. He knows this.

What an odd comment coming from a member of the KenomPosse!

1. This thread is about Spyro, not Laserbee, your post was nothing but one more dig against jerry by the KenomPosse. I would have thought you guys would have learned by now, how many permanent bans does it take? :banned:

Once again Jerry has not said a word and suddenly someone from the KenomPosse chimes in to try and start shit up again. Guess it's a good thing I'm not a Mod, I'd just ban you all and be done with these retarded games.

2. I have absolutely nothing against Spyro, I don't know him particularly well but what I have seen has been generally positive.

3. Regardless of what I think of Spyro personally, I have a bad feeling about vendors becoming mods on the forum. I think the original rule that prevented vendors from being mods was a good one and I would stick with it. Just to reiterate, like I said before I have absolutely nothing against Spyro, but I agree with TJ that you will inevitibly get a conflict of interest with a Vendor also being a Moderator.

4. My Vote is NO, I don't think it is appropriate for Vendors to also be Moderates, I think that's just asking for trouble. But ultimately Avery, it's up to you as it's really your risk to take not ours. If it were me I wouldn't do it.

No sense in putting yourself in the line of fire... but thanks for
recognizing that... The other posts speak for themselves...:cool:

Lets get back to why and why not for Spyro as a Mod...

@ csshih.... as I've stated above ....I'm not in the picture to
me a Mod.... nor do I want to be one...
There would be a conftict of interest because I sell LPMs
through my company and am biased to my products as
any business man would be to his own products...

@ chipdouglas...
No... Dave's "vacation" was after this Thread was opened..
Yet I'm convinced he needed a "vacation" due to the turmoil of this
past week. I also beleive that same turmoil was enough for another
long time contributing LPF member to hang up his hat within the last
48 hours...

Jerry

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I would vote no just based on conflicts of interest in that he
is also a seller of a product that has competing vendors.

Mod's have access to our PM's and may find it tempting to
see what the other guys are up to.

I have read strange things in the past regarding PM's, and
one could already raise question to how 'private' PM's actually are.

To raise another point, I would like to add that I dont think it is a good
idea for any mod to have access to our PM's , unless a PM is reported
for threats etc...

We can use email alternatively, but prefer the ease of PM's..

I asked Dave about that. Simon was always lurking in my profile. He said he was looking at my pix. I took the pix out, and he was still always there. The only thing I could deduce is he is reading my PMs. I also saw him in many other profiles too. That why I have Achmed in my profile. I know he doesnt like it. Dave said he cant do it, but that doesnt mean others cant. I think its BS too. If there was a threat, fine. Others wise stay out of my business.

Edit: I confronted Simon in PM and the open forum, and he never denied it.

Guys, seriously. I cannot read anyone's PMs, nor can any of the other mods. Avery is the only one that can read people's PMs. I'm sure Avery can confirm this, but none of the moderators can, or have ever been able to, read other people's PMs. AFAIK it's not even possible to allow the moderators access to PMs, at least on my forum there is no way to do it. Even admin has to go to the server's database and fish them out.

How does this differ from say Dave selling diodes?

You know... That's actually a really good question. The short answer for me is that I simply never considered dave a vendor, but after you brought that up I had to re-evaluate why that was and what really does make that different and here's what I have come up with...

It all revolves around how you define a vendor, and there are a few key characterstics to how I define a vendor that dave simply doesn't have...

1. Selling a product they created - A140 diodes are not a product that dave developed, he is not creating and selling any product. He has dissassembled a certain consumer product in order to obtain the exact same diode that any number of people sell, there is no difference in quality as they are all the same product from the same company.

2. Company website - Dave does not to my knowledge maintain a website in order to sell the diodes. Nor does he generally advertise them at all.

3. Company Name/Brand - There is no company name or brand associated with what he does, he is simply an enthusiast who is helping harvest the diodes for the rest of us. What he does is the same to me as anyone who sells a product in the buy/sell section of this forum.

In both Spyro and Jerry's case they have a product that they have created and assembled, they advertise here but sell via their own company and own website. And their products quality has a direct impact on the company and their own personal income and survival.

@KenomPosse
If you don't think that was a very direct dig at Laserbee then perhaps you should go back and read the thread. And as I mentioned previously this thread has absolutely nothing to do with Laserbee, there was absolutely no need for any of you to comment on Laserbee or bring him up at all, frankly I'm a little surprised TJ didn't call you out on it, maybe he's just tired of the thankless job.

Oh ya, and neg rep me all you want, I don't join the forums to flex my epeen and generate mass rep. I could sit at 0 rep forever and would not care in the slightest, so have fun with it :).

@Laserbee
It has nothing to do with putting myself in the line of fire, they can attack me all they want it has absolutely zero impact on me. I could care less what they think of me and as I have no financial or personal ties to this forum in anyway they can do absolutely no damage to me or my reputation (as I have none :na:). I am simply calling it as I see it, had you started it I absolutely would have called you out on it as well. I just think it's important to stop these non-stop digs even if they are trying to be subtle about it. It's hard for them to be subtle when they're called out every time, and if I see I will absolutely call them out on it EVERY TIME.

So keep it up guys.

@ PM's Topic
I don't understand why this is a topic at all. Anytime you do anything on any website it is not private, you should not ever expect it to be, someone, somewhere who manages the site has access to absolutely every aspect of it. If you are really worred about someone reading your PM's use Email that isn't associated with the forums at all. Let it drop, it's completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, and a worthless argument to begin with.

Last edited:
wlhostage, your definition of vendor is a little constrewed... you do not have to creat a product to be a vendor. i am a vendor to all of my customers and i don't create a damn thing LoL. you sure have lot to say about this whole topic. the fueds have been around a long time, something i think most newer members don't grasp.

you're putting youself i a war you don't belong. the ban hammer will not discriminate just because you are trying to diffuse the situatuation.

I can't disagree about Dave and I not being the same type of Vendor...

I consider my products a part of me since I invented/manufacture
them.. So I would protect them or the image they project...
I don't think Dave feels the same way about some LDs he pulled
out of a projector..

Jerry

i would like avery to chime in with whether or not mods can access pm's. if they can not, i stand by my original vote to let spyro become one. we all know if he or any mod oversteps their role we won't hesitate to call them out.

(jerry you are still in the running)

michael

csshih

@ csshih.... as I've stated above ....I'm not in the picture to
me a Mod.... nor do I want to be one...
There would be a conftict of interest because I sell LPMs
through my company and am biased to my products as
any business man would be to his own products...

indeed! so people should stop talking about you ;)

as for a competitor selling your product becoming a mod, what's he going to do, ban you? :banned:

what the problem right now, is people around here do not know the capabilities of the mods.

I'll state again.

Unless the Vbulletin software has been modified, no one else has access to PMs other than the Server admin (as said before , access to mySQL..)-- not even normal 'forum' admins.
so the question is, has an external software been installed to look at user PMs? doubtful.

You know... That's actually a really good question. The short answer for me is that I simply never considered dave a vendor, but after you brought that up I had to re-evaluate why that was and what really does make that different and here's what I have come up with...

It all revolves around how you define a vendor, and there are a few key characterstics to how I define a vendor that dave simply doesn't have...

1. Selling a product they created - A140 diodes are not a product that dave developed, he is not creating and selling any product. He has dissassembled a certain consumer product in order to obtain the exact same diode that any number of people sell, there is no difference in quality as they are all the same product from the same company.

2. Company website - Dave does not to my knowledge maintain a website in order to sell the diodes. Nor does he generally advertise them at all.

3. Company Name/Brand - There is no company name or brand associated with what he does, he is simply an enthusiast who is helping harvest the diodes for the rest of us. What he does is the same to me as anyone who sells a product in the buy/sell section of this forum.

In both Spyro and Jerry's case they have a product that they have created and assembled, they advertise here but sell via their own company and own website. And their products quality has a direct impact on the company and their own personal income and survival.

@KenomPosse
If you don't think that was a very direct dig at Laserbee then perhaps you should go back and read the thread. And as I mentioned previously this thread has absolutely nothing to do with Laserbee, there was absolutely no need for any of you to comment on Laserbee or bring him up at all, frankly I'm a little surprised TJ didn't call you out on it, maybe he's just tired of the thankless job.

Oh ya, and neg rep me all you want, I don't join the forums to flex my epeen and generate mass rep. I could sit at 0 rep forever and would not care in the slightest, so have fun with it :).

@Laserbee
It has nothing to do with putting myself in the line of fire, they can attack me all they want it has absolutely zero impact on me. I could care less what they think of me and as I have no financial or personal ties to this forum in anyway they can do absolutely no damage to me or my reputation (as I have none :na:). I am simply calling it as I see it, had you started it I absolutely would have called you out on it as well. I just think it's important to stop these non-stop digs even if they are trying to be subtle about it. It's hard for them to be subtle when they're called out every time, and if I see I will absolutely call them out on it EVERY TIME.

So keep it up guys.

@ PM's Topic
I don't understand why this is a topic at all. Anytime you do anything on any website it is not private, you should not ever expect it to be, someone, somewhere who manages the site has access to absolutely every aspect of it. If you are really worred about someone reading your PM's use Email that isn't associated with the forums at all. Let it drop, it's completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, and a worthless argument to begin with.

Stupid is as stupid does, keep talkin dude, your digging your own grave. After all, the vets that support you are leaving one by one, arent they? :na:

I don't see why not. Honestly, I don't see why people advertising can't be mods, either, so long as the moderation they get involved in doesn't involve their product or product line.

Sure, there's been arguments about LPMs lately, but how often does that really happen?

I'd just say if your sig sells LPMs, then delegate any moderation on a thread about LPMs to a mod who doesn't have skin in that particular game... Pretty simple, but, of course, that's just one person's opinion...

Your mileage may vary and mine certainly may not necessarily be correct :p But someone selling LPMs (be it Spyrorocks or Jerry) can boot trolls and spammers just as readily as someone who isn't. :)

(And, honestly, nods to Mohrenberg's "method"; -- don't start shit and don't get involved with shit that's going down... Thats how I try to live my life here as well... I still consider myself relatively new and a 'guest' here, so no way i'm going to get in someone else's face.)

Avery runs the place and the buck stops with him -- so honestly it's hist judgement that matters in the end. From what I've seen, Avery seems level headed himself, so if he thinks Spyrorocks would be a good mod, then, that's enough for me.

^^^ EGGS ACTLY!!

well said MT

Stupid is as stupid does, keep talkin dude, your digging your own grave. After all, the vets that support you are leaving one by one, arent they? :na:

lol, I think you're confused. Who do you think supports me and what support exactly do you think they are giving me?

There is no support, there is nothing to support. All I did was call attention to your groups dirty tactics, where you constantly make digs at Laserbee. This has nothing to do in regards to any dispute you have with Laserbee or that Kenom may or may not have with Laserbee. All I have done is call attention to how you are fighting the battle, I am not telling you which side to be on, only that if you or anyone else has a problem with laserbee you should make a direct and open accusation instead of playing these retarded childish games so you can try to feel important on a hobbyist forum lol.

By the way, not sure exactly what grave you think I'm digging. You have no power over me at all, the only power anyone here has over me at all are the mods ability to ban me, and frankly I don't believe I have done anything wrong, YOU HAVE. And if Avery feels the need to ban me for some reason then he needs to do whatever he thinks he needs to do, I have nothing against him trying to run the forum as he see's fit. If I have done anything that the mods disagree with I hope that they contact me and do take whatever appropriate action they feel they need to. This is what should occur on any moderated forum.

And more importantly what exactly do you think you accomplish by purposely trying to chase away all of Kenom's competition? You do realize that if you chase away all of the hobbyists and vendors that LPF will pretty much cease to exist and then Kenom nor any of the other vendors will have any customers left to sell their products to. I fail to see how this is a WIN for you guys? I'm sure when the mods see through all your smoke and mirrors they'll take action, they're already on to your games. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who's causing all the drama (hmm wonder who it could be). I'm sure it must be my fault that you guys continually attack Laserbee yet oddly enough you still refuse to publicly make a claim against him and provide any proof of such a claim.

Good luck in your endeavor to ruin LPF for the entire community, I'm sure it's appreciated by all.

Edit:
Oh and this will be my last response on this topic, I have pointed out what you were doing it's up to the mods now to do what they want with that information, there is no need to continue to clutter this thread with off topic nonsense so I won't be responding to any further of your posts here in regards to this issue.

Last edited:

csshih

looks like it, I've been trying to change the channel but the button's broke.
I even tried replacing the IR LED with a greenie's dpss diode -- with the crystal misaligned of course. o_O

dnar

looks like it, I've been trying to change the channel but the button's broke.
I even tried replacing the IR LED with a greenie's dpss diode -- with the crystal misaligned of course. o_O
The story line never changes... This soap opera is so predictable... And, no funny commercials to break up the monotony...

The story line never changes... This soap opera is so predictable... And, no funny commercials to break up the monotony...

now now, that's not true at all, I recall seeing a comercial on page one of this thread about carving a pumpkin :).