Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spyder 3 Krapton - 1W of green power from WL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Spyder 3 Krypton - 1W of green power from WL

I always thought beam visibility on "clear" air was more related to rayleigh scattering than suspended particles..

Do you know a better (and cheaper) source for high power green lasers? I bought my 1.1W 445nm here but I don't think members are selling DPSS ones yet.

Visibility has far more to do with particulates off of which photons can reflect, and contrast, than rayleigh scattering.

As for better sources.... hmm, jetlasets, laseglow, optotronics, direct from cni, to name a few...

JADWY

Re: Wicked lasers Krypton S3 532nm

Did you meter it? With an IR filter on it?

I think someone else did, and it peaked past 1w. I still love it because, so far there are no other green laser that's affordable. I have seen one but the company wants $4500+.
Under a sunlight, so far, Krypton is the only laser that is visible. And I'm not talking about a small dot. I know there are a lot of WL haters here, but I'm not biased, I report as I see it.

I think someone else did, and it peaked past 1w. I still love it because, so far there are no other green laser that's affordable. I have seen one but the company wants $4500+.
Under a sunlight, so far, Krypton is the only laser that is visible. And I'm not talking about a small dot. I know there are a lot of WL haters here, but I'm not biased, I report as I see it.

The only credible person that has seen a 1W+ peak was Hemlock Mike, here on the forum.

I don't remember if he used an IR filter or not.

I do remember the laser was ridiculously unstable though, so whole it peaked at over 1W... it's in reality only 700-800mW, if not less, on average.

You're happy with your laser, and ultimately that's all that matters.

I do hope you're still happy after getting it LPMed though.

JADWY

The only credible person that has seen a 1W+ peak was Hemlock Mike, here on the forum.

I don't remember if he used an IR filter or not.

I do remember the laser was ridiculously unstable though, so whole it peaked at over 1W... it's in reality only 700-800mW, if not less, on average.

You're happy with your laser, and ultimately that's all that matters.

I do hope you're still happy after getting it LPMed though.

I'm just glad that it peaked over 1w. Since I'm using it for seconds, it does the job for me. I got the laser to chase off annoying animals and crows. Nothing line waking up 4am to loud crows. This laser is so bright it scares them all away. My 200mw just wasn't strong enough when the sun came up.

I'm just glad that it peaked over 1w. Since I'm using it for seconds, it does the job for me. I got the laser to chase off annoying animals and crows. Nothing line waking up 4am to loud crows. This laser is so bright it scares them all away. My 200mw just wasn't strong enough when the sun came up.

:crackup: So do you take your steak medium, rare, or lasered?:eg:

I hope you're not pointing at their eyes though... I guess doesn't make any difference in the long run, but still seems a tad cruel:p

Or you could use a scarecrow. O___________________O

JADWY

You all need to actually buy one and test it like I did! Do a search on here and you find someone hat already reviewed it. It peaked past 1 w! I have one too and it is very. Righ under sunlight! People please stop posting useless opinion unless you have tried the actual product! Don't spread rumours! The the time to investigate!

You all need to actually buy one and test it like I did! Do a search on here and you find someone hat already reviewed it. It peaked past 1 w! I have one too and it is very. Righ under sunlight! People please stop posting useless opinion unless you have tried the actual product! Don't spread rumours! The the time to investigate!

That's just it... You never tested yours have you?

... and No burning CD's doesn't count.

The other krapton that was metered came in at around 700mW IIRC.

Even the one sent to ccmbcbvwhatever's krapton only hit around 700mW.... although it magically went up to 900mW at the same exact time all of that kid's cameras broke.

LaZeRz

Hey you, shutup.

We all know what wicked is like, so go back into Steve's colon where you belong.

Why so much emphasis on peak? It spends less than 0.1% of its time in peak. Peak measurement is useless.

1. I think he might be getting compensated. It's just a suspicion based on the fact that almost every other post he makes is extremely pro WL, and also the rather poor (chinglish spammer?) grammar.

2. There is nothing else to emphasize. Which is kind of sad considering I'm willing to bet Mike got a cherry picked unit.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sold-krypton-300-mw-68678.html#post1001753

Last edited:

LaZeRz

2. There is nothing else to emphasize. Which is kind of sad considering I'm willing to get Mike got a cherry picked unit.

1 Word makes alot of difference. :p

I epically failed trying to quote that :( messed up the tags.

Last edited:

2. There is nothing else to emphasize. Which is kind of sad considering I'm willing to get Mike got a cherry picked unit.

1 Word makes alot of difference. :p

Damn... that's what happens when you have typing dyslexia, and type at the same speed as you speak... in my mind at least I said bet:eek:

Edit... seems Mr.WordCop needs to work on his quote tagging:na:

Last edited:

JADWY

1. I think he might be getting compensated. It's just a suspicion based on the fact that almost every other post he makes is extremely pro WL, and also the rather poor (chinglish spammer?) grammar.

2. There is nothing else to emphasize. Which is kind of sad considering I'm willing to bet Mike got a cherry picked unit.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sold-krypton-300-mw-68678.html#post1001753

It's because I actually spent money to buy one. Unlike some of you, just passing bs and assumptions. This reminds me of Apple products. So many people say Apple sucks and it's too expensive. The minute they buy one, they love it. So like I said, put your money where your mouth is, buy one and try it. If you don't like it, then you can express your opinion! I think that's what most people want, real feedback, not bs!

It's because I actually spent money to buy one. Unlike some of you, just passing bs and assumptions. This reminds me of Apple products. So many people say Apple sucks and it's too expensive. The minute they buy one, they love it. So like I said, put your money where your mouth is, buy one and try it. If you don't like it, then you can express your opinion! I think that's what most people want, real feedback, not bs!

You really need to STFU and do some research! :yabbmad:

FYI, I was naive enough to spend $2,000 on a 300mW Spyder and $625 on a 125mW Fusion way back in 2006.

I thought Wicked Lasers was awesome because of all of the cool balloon popping and tape cutting videos, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off and so I spent another $400 on a Coherent LaserCheck power meter.

Turned out both lasers were underspec. I was lucky I didn't suffer any eye damage because the Spyder was leaking massive amounts of IR even though it was supposed to be IR filtered.

I ended up shipping back and patiently waiting for at least 7-8 units and each one I received was either underspec or defective. A few only lasted a minute or two before their diodes completely crapped out!

After wasting a half year and over $100 in shipping fees, I gave up hope and demanded a full refund.

Fast forward 5 years and Wicked Liars is still fucking over laser noobs by selling them overpriced, underspec piece of shit lasers. It's also pretty fucked up that they hire 13 yr-olds to make videos in hopes of selling class 4 lasers to other underage teens! :banghead:

Last edited:

It's because I actually spent money to buy one. Unlike some of you, just passing bs and assumptions.

Your arguments seem to shift and change from post to post, but one thing stays consistent.

I HAVE tried a WL laser. It was badly underspec, and took me months and months to get.

This reminds me of Apple products. So many people say Apple sucks and it's too expensive. The minute they buy one, they love it.

Apple fan boy. Why doesn't that surprise me.

I don't really care about that though, and this isn't a discussion about phones, computer hardware or operating systems is it? If you want to discuss that... here's the thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/mac-vs-pc-lets-keep-civil-64375.html

Btw, using a year old samsung epic, with android 2.3.

So like I said, put your money where your mouth is, buy one and try it. If you don't like it, then you can express your opinion!

Is this your central argument now?

Mike did pay for his, got a cherry picked unit and it's nowhere near stable at 1W.

Jayrob got one in exchange for some lenses, and guess what! It's a shocker really! It's also nowhere near one watt. Not even at peak.

Hundreds of people on the forum have bought WL lasers. They continue to be underspec. Once again... this isn't opinion, this is fact.

I think that's what most people want, real feedback, not bs!

Which is precisely why I have a problem with what you say.

You spew bullsh*t with nothing to backup your statements, and try to do everything possible shy away from actual facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.