Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Source for short silver cap newwish pens?

Hello everyone!, this may be silly but i'm looking where to buy these shorter caps newwish pens, specially those 405nm with light blue warning labels!. :)

Probably most of u already noticed there are 2 different newwish models, here is a pic with the few differences between each other:
dsc01187am.jpg

As you can see mine is pretty worn already which is one of the reasons i wanna replace it, also i LOVE that blue label :rolleyes:, i have a greenie in this model and both have proven to be very tough, not only they keep running fine after a year of normal usage but also have been through many drops, hits, exceeded duty cicles and even 1 or 2 times i placed the batteries in reverse polarity. :eek:

Ive seen most members get theirs from ebay but those sellers do not ship out of USA. :(

I did search over DX, Focalprice and sites like those but they all show the longer cap models with different labels in their pics, but still there is hope they send me one like i want it. :undecided:

Cant buy again from where i got mine cuz that was more than year ago from a re-seller here in mexico, and was for more than twice the original price, plus they dont sell 5mW anymore, only >30mW so that would mean pay even more for one. :tsk:

Any help will be appreciated!. :thanks:

ARG

Here's mine:

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3641/1000021i.jpg (I tried to put the image in the forum but it came out to big, (guess I should have resized it)

The bottom one is a 5mW 532nm I got from DX 5 or so months ago. It's got the new cap and stuff.Link.

I think it's random witch style you get from DX.

I've stopped buying cheap Pen-style lasers, as they always break on me within a month or two (and I take good care of them).

I recently got a 50mW green laser kit from Jayrob, and it is very sturdy and probably wont break for many years. (Link)

Anyways, good luck with finding that style of laser pen :)

Last edited:
Ohh and i tot mine was worn :p, thats too bad though, so the newwish are that bad now? :(, i actually like them except when the rubber coat starts to peel off and of course if they are junk.

Now u mention... has anyone have tried rayfoss and o-like pens?, i suppose their quality should be a little better than DX's ones.

On a side note; yah ive seen jayrob's kits and many other DIY stuff out there which is without a doubt the best for this hobby, guess ill have to give it a try eventually ;)

ARG

Well, I've never had a pen style laser last that long on me :p. I think most of the pens (that look like these) all come from the same manufacturer in China.

There are some different style of pen lasers, those ones are probably better quality.

Between these 2 styles do you know of any differences in beam size? ...in there 532nm variety of lasers.

ARG

Beam size, like beam divergence? If so, nope, they are the same in all but appearance.

ARG

Nope, they are the very same internally, as far as I can tell, the beams are the same beside the power difference.

If it helps any. I don't have a problem shipping outside the US. Let me know :)