Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some pics, people, and lasers from SELEM 2011.

And not one person wearing safety goggles.....

Contrary to popular belief, most members of PL are not the pointer hating safety Nazis everyone here seems to make them out as. :D Safety goggles were worn when needed, and "beam in the room" was a very common phrase around the "gas room."

The Lexel was a 75, I think it was doing around 3-400mW if I remember right.

IE - It's a laser convention! So all the girls were where you would expect them to be. Not there, that is :p The booze was kept mostly to the hotel, though I did get to try some really nice homemade rum at the venue. Good stuff :yh:

Thanks for posting the pictures Aryntha!

There were plenty of pointers there but Aryntha started taking pics after most were turned off to cool. I know I had 405, 532, 445 and 660 pointers in the 'epic beamshot' And Aryntha also had his 556 running as well. All my pics of the whole weekend pretty much sucked, so someone else will have to chime in with some of the pics of 'everything' running.

I haven't spotted a pointer in the pictures yet. Projectors and big lasers have a far lower chance of giving surprises than a pointer. I would wear them when aligning a grating or if anything that could reflect could get in the beam. Admiring a beam from a laser solid on a table without laser safety eyewear isn't really dangerous when done correctly.

D

Deleted member 16589

DSC_2939.jpg

DSC_2944.jpg

DSC_2945.jpg

DSC_2946.jpg

DSC_2953.jpg

DSC_2956.jpg

DSC_2957.jpg

DSC_2959.jpg

DSC_2963.jpg

DSC_2969.jpg

DSC_2970.jpg

Here is aryntha with his 556nm hand-held
DSC_2972.jpg

DSC_2974.jpg

DSC_2975.jpg

DSC_2987.jpg

DSC_2990.jpg

DSC_2992.jpg

Me being CRAZY
DSC_2996.jpg

DSC_2998.jpg

DSC_3005.jpg

DSC_3011.jpg

DSC_3013.jpg

also got any pictures with your 556nm.
the ones i took make it look the same color of the 532 ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally! Someone posted pictures of the event. We hope to see at least pictures since most of us can't make it there.. Thanks!

Awesome pics! I'd love to go to SELEM some time. I'm going to have check out the west coast meets once I get settled in Phoenix.

Looks like a very fun time :). Is it restricted to only the cool among us ? Or can those of us who like to burn matches also attend.

Nice a$$ Dave. Reminds me of an old mud flap off a junked Peterbilt. :crackup:

You guys are in laser heaven yet most of you look so serious. Did someone forget the KY? :crackup:

If I make it next year I'll bring a few "girlfriends" , a keg, and a pig to roast. :beer: ...but you'll still have to bring your own KY. :crackup:

Last edited:

Kevlar

Those pics are awesome! Thanks Aryntha. :beer:

I really hope to attend one of these sometime. Maybe by next year I'll be able to.

Hey Tech, maybe we can car pool, we can take my "cruising vessel" :crackup:

I drive one of these, except black:

images

yes, smoking aloud.

Kevlar

Ah, I was having a few beers last night. Maybe your right.

I've made that trip 3 times, I forgot how long it can be. Maybe a flight would be better...

But a road trip would be fun!

Last edited:

jakeGT

I wanted to go so bad, but I had court:(

On another note, qumefox looks just like I imagined him... A badass ready to kick some ass lol

IE - It's a laser convention! So all the girls were where you would expect them to be. Not there, that is :p The booze was kept mostly to the hotel, though I did get to try some really nice homemade rum at the venue. Good stuff :yh:

Something tells me even right now my trunk has more booze than the whole convention... As for the girls... that's what strippers are for;)

Maybe one of you can make a scanner for the next one.. "18+ Only":eg:

No pig required TJ, there's an awesome BBQ place just down the road.

And Jake, I'm in no way 'badass'. I just love me hat. :D

And I'm not sure what was going on in the 'what you talkin bout willis' pic.. It's probably just my usual 'Why the hell are you taking pictures of me' expression heh. I generally try to stay out of them when possible. :p

I did enjoy meeting people though. Dave was.. well.. Dave.. Hak wasn't anything like I what I was expecting though.

But to be honest.. There wasn't really as much stuff.. or as many people, as I was expecting. It was still nice to get out of town for a while though. We ended up leaving around 6am sunday morning due to Aryntha having 27 hours of driving ahead to get back to denver.

Last edited:
But to be honest.. There wasn't really as much stuff.. or as many people, as I was expecting. It was still nice to get out of town for a while though. We ended up leaving around 6am sunday morning due to Aryntha having 27 hours of driving ahead to get back to denver.

So how many people were there altogether?

I mean I know it was no huge convention, but still, from pictures it looks very small, 20 people or so?