Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some Chemicals...

SenKat_Stonetek said:
Styro - I suggest posting a new thread with what you are offering up - and if this clown posts in it, just start a new one until he tires of his own stupidity.

Just because I have a different opinion from you doesn't mean I'm stupid.

Murudai said:
[quote author=SenKat_Stonetek link=1211166554/60#63 date=1211425039]
Styro - I suggest posting a new thread with what you are offering up - and if this clown posts in it, just start a new one until he tires of his own stupidity.

Just because I have a different opinion from you doesn't mean I'm stupid. [/quote]

No - it's when you, or people like you attempt to force feed your "opinion" down other people's throats that you earn the label of STUPID. Yeah, I can go all day with someone like you.

More with the attacks.

Like I said in my post above, I've finished arguing. If you want to discredit me just because I feel strongly about my opinions on this issue, go ahead.

And like I said above, the only reason I'm arguing so hard is because a good teacher of mine has mercury poisoning. He suffers every day because of it, mercury poisoning doesn't go away, he's had it for years. That's the only reason why I'm pushing my opinions so hard.

Herpes doesn't go away either, and neither do you, evidently. You can argue all you want, or not argue - whatever you desire - the purpose of this forum is to voice open opinions, facts, impressions, and hold general dialog. As soon as you stated that Daguin is using ignorance, you pissed in my Wheaties - Daguin is more than capable of responding to your stupidity, but chooses not to, because he is a better man than I could ever hope to be, as well as being much smarterer (LOL) than I, and at least LOTS of other folks on this forum - but chooses not to be arrogant, unlike you. I on the other hand, will gladly spar with stupidity whenever, and wherever I see it - and I see a HUGE slice of it, larger than my home state of Texas, shining brightly, in you, and your comments. Yeah - I completely disagree with your appraisal of this situation.

Heh, that's funny. Took me just 1 month to become hated on these forums. A new record!  ;D

So, I guess I'll apologize for being a jerk. I still reckon my original points are valid, but I carried them VERY wrong. I certainly didn't put forward my opinions in a reasonable manner, so my fault.

I know you probably won't accept my apology for being a jerk, since I did take it pretty far. But hey, I tried. At least I can think twice when I go to argue something else :)

daguin

LOL!!

Now I would NOT characterize this as "ignoring" him. ;D ;D ;D

Peace,
dave

Murudai said:
Is it okay to sell a kilogram of mercury to a child?

That's a stupid question, of course you wouldn't sell mercury to a child. Just like its not ok for a child to join the army or smoke.

daguin said:
LOL!!

Now I would NOT characterize this as "ignoring" him. ;D ;D ;D

Peace,
dave

Ya - I kinda blew it, didn't I ? hehehehe....well, at least he will shut the hell up now (hopefully)

Oh, and Murudai - you are not hated - simply stupid.

SenKat_Stonetek said:
Oh, and Murudai - you are not hated - simply stupid.

I find it surprising that you cannot accept my opinion as intellectually valid. Just because you believe it to be wrong doesn't mean the basis of those arguments stemmed from a lack of intellectual integrity.

I mean, at least give me that. I've already accepted that the manner and delivery of my opinions were WAY out of line.

No - I cannot grant you that, sorry. Like I stated previously (had you read the posts) you were trying to force your OPINIONS down everyones' throats like they were factual statements, and that is wrong, period. You should learn the difference between fact and opinion before posting anymore of your drivel.

Mercury can and has destroyed ecosystems, and 1 kg of mercury is extremely deadly. And that IS a fact. That's the main point I put forward, and you can't debate that.

Where as my opinion on the management of mercury is just that, an opinion. And as that is what you are pissed about. And that is understandable, since I stated it in a much cruder fashion to which I am normally inclined.

So since you are only arguing with my opinions on the management of the stuff, and not its toxicity, I'd call that a success :) That's all I really intended to say anyway before I got carried away with all that opinionated garbage I tried to put forward, lol

daguin

Murudai said:
Mercury can and has destroyed ecosystems, and 1 kg of mercury is extremely deadly. And that IS a fact. That's the main point I put forward, and you can't debate that.

Where as my opinion on the management of mercury is just that, an opinion. And as that is what you are pissed about. And that is understandable, since I stated it in a much cruder fashion to which I am normally inclined.

So since you are only arguing with my opinions on the management of the stuff, and not its toxicity, I'd call that a success :) That's all I really intended to put forward anyway before I got carried away :)

Hey Senkat!

If you want, I can send you an article explaining his argumentative style. If you are arguing with him to help him, he does not want help. If you are arguing to teach him, he is not ready to learn. If you are arguing with him because you enjoy it, have a great time ;)

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
If you want, I can send you an article explaining his argumentative style.  If you are arguing with him to help him, he does not want help.  If you are arguing to teach him, he is not ready to learn.  If you are arguing with him because you enjoy it, have a great time ;)

Peace,
dave

Actually, my argumentative style has served me well through my years of tertiary education. It doesn't come across well in the medium of text I admit, but in person I hold my own.

So there is nothing I need to be 'taught', and nothing I need to 'learn'. Of course, maybe if I was a 'human communications professor' or something there is a much stricter standard I could adhere to, but I'm not, I do chemistry :) And so far I'm doing just fine.

Murudai said:
[quote author=daguin link=1211166554/72#75 date=1211468804]
If you want, I can send you an article explaining his argumentative style. If you are arguing with him to help him, he does not want help. If you are arguing to teach him, he is not ready to learn. If you are arguing with him because you enjoy it, have a great time ;)

Peace,
dave

Actually, my argumentative style has served me well through my years of tertiary education. It doesn't come across well in the medium of text I admit, but in person I hold my own.

So there is nothing I need to be 'taught', and nothing I need to 'learn'. Of course, maybe if I was a 'human communications professor' or something there is a much stricter standard I could adhere to, but I'm not, I do chemistry :) And so far I'm doing just fine.
[/quote]

You proved his points without question :) <'NUFF SAID>

Dave, I actually WOULD be interested in that article ! I was on the debate team in school - and find it fascination....even when the subject of debate is a moot point, and the other debater will not, and cannot be reasoned with.

daguin

Murudai said:

I love it when someone illustrates my point for me.

I didn't say that it didn't work. Fallacious argumentation is very effective in the world. The media, advertising, and politics is rife with it. It is simply self serving, aggressive, egocentric, and limits the opportunity to learn through dialogue. Most people have no idea what you are doing and therefore can only either acquiesce or leave the encounter. My recommendation to others was simply to leave any encounter with you (unless they are enjoying it).

Peace,
dave

P.S. If you think that this post was meant for your eyes, you are mistaken

daguin

SenKat_Stonetek said:
You proved his points without question :) <'NUFF SAID>

Dave, I actually WOULD be interested in that article ! I was on the debate team in school - and find it fascination....even when the subject of debate is a moot point, and the other debater will not, and cannot be reasoned with.

It is already in my mailbox, waiting for the mail person. Sorry, I don't have it scanned.

Peace,
dave