Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Solid Silver - 520nm Build [PIC HEAVY]

Though I understand people's occasional sensitivity about pricing, he really shouldn't be too upset about you disclosing it in this case, as at that price, he's likely to get a lot more orders for similar work.

That thing really is a work of art. :bowdown:

I may shoot a PM to StridAst myself and ask him to build me a host as unique as yours.

-Mike

I think you may have coined a term! I am glad so many people will be going to StridAst. It's a long time coming (he prioritizes real work, obviously), but the hosts are incredible and I'd love to see more of his work! I can only afford one or two a year =p

glad to see you are happy with the host :D As for orders. I am always open to people sending a pm to inquire, but to warn you all first: As wolfman stated. I do have to prioritize my normal work first. It took a few months from start to finish to complete that host largely due to a rather heavy workload with my job. I'm always open to doing more. Just keep in mind that it takes a while to get a host finished. (sending pms to ask about progress is usually the best way to hurry things along) :D

Glad you finally chipped in, now I can +1000 you like you deserve!

Yes, it is several month project =p

EDIT: Aww, can't :\

Last edited:
I just have two comments:

That's just freakin' awesome!!, and

When's the group buy? :D

T.;)

sinner

When you have finally all the lasers in Solid Silver, You will ultimately urge to get a Solid Gold host.. Now That we love to say KING of the collection..

Nope. As far as I am concerned, silver is king when it comes to handhelds (especially of high output). And it's a heckuva lot more affordable! Gold inlays would be fine though.;):D

T.

Last edited:
No group buys, and yes, I am working on all of the lasers in silver ;) Already contacted Strid to ask about one for a red (with inlaid rubies! )

wow, let me get this straight, the host and heat sink are silver? that's like to other laser hosts what damascus steel blades are to other blades

I think it's better than gold, as silver has better thermal conducting properties, only diamond, natural, HPHT, or CVD would be better, good luck affording that.

I was thinking how cool it would be if my DominatoR had silver for the heat sink, but the copper one weighs nearly 399 grams, so a silver one the same size would likely weigh over 13 troy ounces, so such a heat sink would run me over $400, assuming I could get one

BTW rep for the both of you

lets see 399 grams of copper would be ~ 469 grams of silver. 31.1035 grams per troy ounce thats 15 ounces of silver needed for that volume of heat sink. (not counting extra needed for grinding waste...) rounding up to $24 per ounce (from todays $23.82) thats $361 just for the silver alone. lol. so yes over 400 once you factored in the whole labor, and other various costs in. that's quite a large heatsink if you have over 1 troy pound of copper. :D

thanks for the response, glad my approximation was so accurate, and thanks for teaching me about troy pounds, I knew troy ounces were around 31 grams instead of the normal 28, but I didn't know troy pounds were only 12 troy ounces rather than 16 normal ones, I guess that does make my copper heat sink just over one troy pound.

I figured 31 grams per troy ounce, $30 per troy ounce silver, then added a bit to account for silver's higher density. I also thought that would only be if I was not charged for the shavings, I'd think they would be worth recycling and using for something else:D

Here's the kind of Heat sink, thanks to Th3dArKn3o: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6246/copperheatsinkfinal.jpg

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9850/20130411113647.jpg

Last edited: