Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Solid Silver - 520nm Build [PIC HEAVY]

Wolfman29

Hey everyone. So I have decided I am going to start converting my laser collection to gases and solid sterling builds (besides CNI builds, unfortunately). My first one is in my signature, the 445nm build I did. That one turned out great.

This one may very well have turned out better! It outputs around 75mW and has a huge run-time. I have StridAst to thank for this - he is the great artist who designed and made my previous host and this one as well!

So here are some pictures!

Host:

Showing the long-lasting nature of the laser. It's not very stable because the fan was on in the room in which I was doing the measurements. I assume it would be perfectly stable with no air flow!

Now for some pictures of the host itself!

The focus ring - has GREAT detail on it!

A shot of the EMERALDS that he used in the host! It goes great with the forest green color of the beam, just as the sapphires did with the 445nm build!

A view of the tailcap. Used the only green tailcap I had. I like it though!

As the previous image, except focused on the back of the focusing ring. If you notice, you'll see that the word "PEOPLE" is written. This is just a single word in the line hand-engraved in the back of the focus ring. It reads: Warning: May turn some people green with envy. I didn't even ask for that, and he added it! Another shout-out to StridAst!

Beamshots:
These were taken in sunny Arizona daytime in a decently-lit room. No smoke!

Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoyed this little laser!

Last edited:

Lazerbeak

More Solid Silver Insanity! :drool:

Congratulations Wolfman :D Some brilliant work Stridast!

I am Green with envy :na:

~ LB

norbyx

You must have some $$$$ to spare, that is for sure. Honestly I would love to say that its a beautiful laser but can't, just not my style, but its a interesting build.

Wolfman29

Birthday money :p I understand that it's not your style. I just like that it has intrinsic value outside of the laser hobby, in case I ever want to get out of it (I doubt it!).

IsaacT

This is beautiful! I love the intricate details and the leaf patterns. Time for me to drop him a line. An idea is forming in my head :)

Wolfman29

Go for it! Maybe he'll drop me a discount next time for referring a friend! XD

gismo

Gotta say, this is not "your-typical-looking-laser-host"...
I personally prefer cleaner, less complicated design, but there's no doubt this particular style finds its place among many lpf.com members, not to mention skilful builders like you, Wolfman29:)

Diversity is always welcome, the more options to choose from, the better!

Wolfman29

At one point in my laser-hobby-career-thing, I was interested in the sleekest, cleanest host. But then I saw StridAst's post selling one of his works of art and I had to have it. I had to have them all!

Thejoker301

Amazing ! :drool:

Really like the style of the host :) Also the 520nm wavelength is just awesome ... Really want one soon :beer:

+300000012 lol :gj:

Last edited:

Wolfman29

Glad you guys like it. Probably next year I will have a Mistu diode in one of these with rubies >:D

Leodahsan

Thats an artist masterpiece IMO...

He is specialized in silver working?
He could make a steampunk themed laser... not silver but if he's into designing hosts... :whistle:

Wolfman29

He's a jeweller, specializing in fantasy design. Shoot him a PM though and see what he can do!

Just4FunReally

Wow. Another amazing build. Not to mention insanely stable. Good job wolf, I hope it treats you well (and you treat it well also!). :D