Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Solder Flux

Howdy All theirs a new flux in town :wave:

I have new solder flux for your soldering needs this is a new type not offered before by me.
it is a "TF" type of flux and dose not require cleaning from the circuit board as it is non corrosive.
I like to clean it when I have used a lot and have a build up, it cleans up easily with common alcohol and a wipe or Q-tip.

If you want to improve your solder joints and make the best ones you can I suggest you try this flux, I do use it on every joint I make ;)

1ml may not sound like much but it goes a long way, it's good flux :cool:
if you solder every day you will want the 3ml size.

a 1ml syringe is $3.50 and a 3ml syringe is $9.00 comes with one appropriate size of applicator needle.

All my flux is high quality American made, not the cheap imitation Chinese stuff.

1 ml TF flux

3ml TF flux

I also have a "High Tack" RMA flux it is used for surface mount components as it helps hold them in place because of it's high sticking ability.
it has the same non corrosive and cleans up with alcohol attributes. we'll call this one "RED" or "HT" when ordering
It is $4.00 for the 1ml syringe and $10.00 for the 3ml syringe. this one comes with only one applicator needle the big one.

1 ml HT flux
temp sold out

3 ml HT flux
temp sold out

I have extra applicator needles in several sizes for $.50 each large to extra small.

White=17gauge
Brown=19gauge
Yellow=20gauge
Black=22gauge
Blue=23gauge

17 gauge applicator

19 gauge applicator

20 gauge applicator

22 gauge applicator

22 gauge applicator

And for helping to tin the soldering iron tip I have available blocks of pine rosin at $5.00 per block, I have used one block now for several years and expect it to last several more.
You can if you like melt it in alcohol and make a very good solder flux, but you will want to clean the board well with alcohol after your finished soldering if you use this method.
It dose work pretty good on stubborn solder joints that are dirty and can't be cleaned well before soldering.

Rosin block

Last edited:

DTR

I can say this is some amazing stuff. Really does an amazing job.:beer:

im confused where is he plunger for the syringe is it just not pictured?

looks good i need some ill be contacting you relatively soon

I still have some of the previous Solder Flux you sold
and it works great when I need it for some difficult
solder connections.
I thought that the small amount of flux in the syringe
wouldn't last too long but I'm still on my 1st syringe
and it still contains >1/2 of the original amount from
about year ago..

@bennett326
IIRC the plungers are shipped on the side not installed
so the Flux doesn't get squeezed out on transit.

Jerry

Attachments

• FP-Flux.JPG
    FP-Flux.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
You will get a syringe like you see as well as the plunger and one or two different tip depending on the flux you get.
as Jerry said the plunger is not inserted for transit :yh:

jimdt7

I have a question about your High Tak flux. Can you solder the smd componement just with it ?

I have a question about your High Tak flux. Can you solder the smd componement just with it ?

you need some solder....
that flux just helps keep the smd part in place and help have the solder flow where you want it too easier

Got my Package in Yesterday.:wave:

This Flux is down Right Amazing as always.

I bought both His First and New Flux. I have used his first flux for a long time now.:bowdown:

His New flux is Just as Good too. I got it to try out and i have to say his description between the 2 is spot on.:beer: They Both flow Just as good as each other.

Pictures:

DSC01313.jpg

There was also a few different Size tips in the bag for different application.

This is a Must have for any laser building to have.

:thanks: Jeff. Great stuff you have here.:beer:

Last edited:

jimdt7

@Lazereer
Could you make a video while using it on diode pins, driver etc.. ?

JIm

That would be very cool and will help a lot of people to make better solder joints :gj: +3 for you man for helping the members :beer: