Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

(Sold): Mag 623 100 Watt Flashlight Mod

jayrob

Sold: Mint condition, used less than 20 minutes.

See my 8000 lumen HID mod here: :D
http://laserpointerforums.com/f66/100-watt-hid-mod-estimated-8000-lumens-73953.html

I built this in a smoke colored 3D sized Maglite with the parts shown below. The batteries fit nice with the custom sleeve, and tail cap modification shown...

* 3D Maglite host (smoke)
* Aluminum switch and Incan driver
* Aluminum reflector to handle the heat
* Borofloat glass lens to handle the heat
* Osram 64623 100 Watt bulb
* Fiberglass sleeve and tail cap mod for fitting the 26500's
* 4 X AW IMR 26500 Li-Ion batteries

Mag 623 - 1.jpg

Mag 623 - 2.jpg

Mag 623 - 3.jpg

Mag 623 - 5.jpg

Mag 623 - 4.jpg

The switch is molded in an aluminum body for good heat management, it has a ceramic socket for the 100 Watt bulb mount.

It is a 3 mode driver. (low, medium, high) Click 'off / on' for switching modes. To turn off, you click and hold for about 2 seconds...

Current draw from the batteries:

Low - 4.3 Amps
Medium - 6.6 Amps
High - 9.6 Amps (Edit: from the data sheet, this is about 2800 lumens)

In the high setting, this light gets very hot, very fast. The high setting is mostly just to show off that you can light a fire with a flashlight. I say that, because the run time on high (with the IMR 26500's), will only be about 12 to 15 minutes...

(very cold out - if in the summertime, this paper would light much faster)

As can be seen in the video, it has a good amount of throw (due to it's brightness), but is also a flood type of output.

The head of the light can turn in or out for fine tuning the focus, but once you get the focus you like, you will not be using the focus ability. (not needed)

I am selling the complete build with two extra bulbs for $160 dollars plus shipping. (batteries not included)

If you want the IMR 26500 batteries, I will include the 4 of them for $50 bucks...

Couple of notes: The switch has an electronic circuit. So for this build, you do not want to store the batteries inside the light for extended periods. I mean a couple of days is no big deal. But there is a very small draw from the electronic switch. So you could ruin your batteries if you left them in the light.

Also, these IMR 26500 cells can output the high current demand that the light has, but they are not protected cells. So you must be very careful not to over discharge your batteries.

Post here and/or send a PM if interested! :beer:

Last edited:

Re: FS: Mag 623 100 Watt Flashlight Mod

Nice flashlight mod!
The maglight host is a great old standby and I love seeing them used to make even more powerful lights.

Good luck with your sale!

Take that, Wicked Lasers!
Relly nice job, Jay. :gj:
:)

jayrob

Thanks!

Using the parts I linked above, it's a really easy build too... :cool:

Has that lens worked well for you? I bought a glass lens from Mag for my 100 watt build, and it exploded the other day

jayrob

If you just got a normal glass lens, it is not made for the kind of heat a 100 Watt Halogen bulb will make.

That's why you must use a Borofloat glass lens for this build... :beer:

Last edited:

Thats one sweet Light you have for sale Jay.:beer:

That is a beautiful heatsink switch Bulb setup.:gj: :drool:

WL has Noting on this.:gun:

This should go quick at that price. Not to mention your shipping is always super fast.:beer:

Top Quality builder here.!

Last edited:

hey can i pay you $200 for that flash light and a 2mw blue laser? how much would you charge if i want you to build me a 2mw blue laser?

jayrob

2mW 445? Oh, you mean a 2 Watt 445 probably...

For that power, you need a high efficiency diode, plus a 405-G-1 glass lens, set at 1.8 Amps. I recommend my Saik kit with dual FlexDrives, or my Maglite kit with X-Drive. You can get your diode from daguin or DTR. Take a look, and then just send me a private message.

Thats one sweet Light you have for sale Jay.:beer:

That is a beautiful heatsink switch Bulb setup.:gj: :drool:

WL has Noting on this.:gun:

This should go quick at that price. Not to mention your shipping is always super fast.:beer:

Top Quality builder here.!

Thanks for those good words! :thanks:

Last edited:

chefla

I hate to dig around in old threads, but according to the datasheet the 100W Xenophot HLX lamp used in this build has 2800 lm. You may want to correct that to prevent people from getting overly excited ;-)

jayrob

I hate to dig around in old threads, but according to the datasheet the 100W Xenophot HLX lamp used in this build has 2800 lm. You may want to correct that to prevent people from getting overly excited ;-)

Ahh...

I corrected it.

Yeah my first estimate was just from what I had read of others using the 'Mag 623', but they must have had the wrong information that I had just accepted.

Anyway, it's a cool 'show off' build if you just want to show off that you can light a fire with a flashlight.

Other than that, it's really quite useless! :crackup:

A much better light with great run time, is my 1000 lumen Mag mod shown here! :D

Last edited:

chefla

Yes, it is a really awesome build, as always ;-) Thumbs up!
Have you considered building a flashlight with a HID lamp? A D2 lamp will give you the same 2800lm and use only 35W due to higher efficiency. Just an idea...

Last edited:
Sold: Mint condition, used less than 20 minutes.

I built this in a smoke colored 3D sized Maglite with the parts shown below. The batteries fit nice with the custom sleeve, and tail cap modification shown...

* 3D Maglite host (smoke)
* Aluminum switch and Incan driver
* Aluminum reflector to handle the heat
* Borofloat glass lens to handle the heat
* Osram 64623 100 Watt bulb
* Fiberglass sleeve and tail cap mod for fitting the 26500's
* 4 X AW IMR 26500 Li-Ion batteries

Mag 623 - 1.jpg

Mag 623 - 2.jpg

Mag 623 - 3.jpg

Mag 623 - 5.jpg

Mag 623 - 4.jpg

The switch is molded in an aluminum body for good heat management, it has a ceramic socket for the 100 Watt bulb mount.

It is a 3 mode driver. (low, medium, high) Click 'off / on' for switching modes. To turn off, you click and hold for about 2 seconds...

Current draw from the batteries:

Low - 4.3 Amps
Medium - 6.6 Amps
High - 9.6 Amps (Edit: from the data sheet, this is about 2800 lumens)

In the high setting, this light gets very hot, very fast. The high setting is mostly just to show off that you can light a fire with a flashlight. I say that, because the run time on high (with the IMR 26500's), will only be about 12 to 15 minutes...

(very cold out - if in the summertime, this paper would light much faster)

As can be seen in the video, it has a good amount of throw (due to it's brightness), but is also a flood type of output.

The head of the light can turn in or out for fine tuning the focus, but once you get the focus you like, you will not be using the focus ability. (not needed)

I am selling the complete build with two extra bulbs for $160 dollars plus shipping. (batteries not included)

If you want the IMR 26500 batteries, I will include the 4 of them for $50 bucks...

Couple of notes: The switch has an electronic circuit. So for this build, you do not want to store the batteries inside the light for extended periods. I mean a couple of days is no big deal. But there is a very small draw from the electronic switch. So you could ruin your batteries if you left them in the light.

Also, these IMR 26500 cells can output the high current demand that the light has, but they are not protected cells. So you must be very careful not to over discharge your batteries.

Post here and/or send a PM if interested! :beer:

Wow, next time I need a light that will cook my food, I'll PM you.
Good job. Now we know that the wicked lasers "burning flashlight" was really made from.