Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD: 5 @ 445nm >1W

Re: FS:2 @ 445nm >1W

no not at all! very nice work! im finding that im not a fan of the entire head as a focus adjuster. I keep bumping it out of focus

daguin

hey dave, can you save one for me? I will be able to pay this saturday morning.

Anyways where exactly in california do you live, like your street and city.
It would be cool if you can drive to my house and deliver it :crackup:

I'll mark one "reserved" for you. You have a PM

Are you interested in trading for one of mohrenberg's "wrong" builds? I just got it together tonight and I have decided I dont like having a focus head on it. You may want to re-do my soldering i have a hard time getting it to stick like the pros do. It has a 130 diode from your first diode sale and a microboost driver set at 1 amp.

Was there something wrong with it?

no not at all! very nice work! im finding that im not a fan of the entire head as a focus adjuster. I keep bumping it out of focus

Can you ad a bit of teflon tape to the threads to "tighten" them up?

Peace,
dave

Re: FS:1 @ 445nm >1W

yeah that was the first thing I did and it helped a lot. Im not really the "burning" type, and this setup is more for them.

You could also go to the hardware store and play with their spring assortments. I'm thinking one that's around 1/2" in diameter and cut down to size. It can be cut to length to fit around the inner wall of the head, that way you get good resistance when focusing. It will also hold it in place.

Oher than that does it focus okay? it should go from burning to a little past infinity.

Sorry for the hi-jack Dave.

DTR

Is the one I reviewed or one of the mixup's. Mine is pretty tight and I could throw it across the room and not knock it out of focus. Well maybe not across the room but it stays where I set it to pretty well. All I have is a little teflon on it.

I tried a different lens with a little more teflon tape and it feels much better. This thing has grown on me. Sorry for the threadjack dave. Just so everybody knows Mohrenberg's kits are fantastic!

daguin

I tried a different lens with a little more teflon tape and it feels much better. This thing has grown on me. Sorry for the threadjack dave. Just so everybody knows Mohrenberg's kits are fantastic!

I'm glad it worked out for you.

I do not mind threadjacks. They are all free bumps ;)

One left :whistle:

Peace,
dave

Kohaku

Mine just got here :na: It came Fast, Fast, Fast !!!
Thanks Dave :bowdown: It's a great little laser.
If somebody was thinking about getting one and didn't :spank:

cool, you should do a review and post pictures :wave:

and dave since you can't drive tomorrow just ship it normally