Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold: 2W 445nm laser

20150728_214003_zps9kcs2o1w.jpg

20150728_214036_zpsp1yrdmpj.jpg

Next up for sale is 445nm laser. The laser has only been switched on for less than a min to take 2 beam shot. The build can be found here. It will be shipped out disassembled aka tail cap packed seperately from the host
Host: Purple Wf501b with black heatsink
Driver:Blitzbuck set to 1708mA
Diode: M140
Lense: G9 in brass housing

Price: $70
Pm me for shipping rates

--------
I would prefer the money to be send over with the 'friends or family' option. However,if you want to send it as payment, you have to pay for the PayPal fees. Everything will be shipped out with Singpost

Last edited:

Re: FS: 4A testload

12 hour bump?
Anyway, why would people buy these over Jufrans standard 3A test loads, when these are more expensive? That extra 1A isn't super useful, and Jufrans test loads are nicely layed out and labeled. Furthermore, have you tested these to 4A, or are you just assuming they work perfectly?

Last edited:

12 hour bump?
Ops maybe I shouldn't have bumped it. Sorry.

That extra 1A isn't super useful
Well, 1A isn't really useful but it will let you set drivers to 1A higher

Anyway, why would people buy these over Jufrans standard 3A test loads, when these are more expensive?
Technically, this is cheaper as this is assembled

Furthermore, have you tested these to 4A, or are you just assuming they work perfectly?
The shop that I bought the diodes from tested them

Last edited:

Some questions
Is that a wirewound resistor?
Who soldered that board?
What is the other resistor for?

Here's a question for ya, why do we use these diodes for loads instead of just switching in and out resistors?

I guess one could combine two of these in parallel for double the load? Edit: Naw, maybe not, the individual boards would need to have extremely close voltage drops or one would pull more of the load than the other... I know in high voltage rectifiers the voltage drop of each diode needs to be closely matched if in parallel.

Last edited:

I actually just ordered a 3A DIY kit. I am interested in this, but I need to sell one of my current builds first. All my playing money is tied up in builds right now. Lol.