Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD.!!! 1.4W 445nm Laser The Cube "Polished"

Re: FS: 1.3W 445nm Laser The Cube "Polished"

Erm... time to update the thread title... what you got there is a 1.5W laser :thinking:

The other pics are great, but to be honest I like the last one most. The laser has a very industrial/professional appearance to it, that's not really apparent from the other shots. Looks like something that belongs in a mad scientists' lab:tinfoil:

rhd

Man, what's the mystery boost driver in that guy ? :)

Erm... time to update the thread title... what you got there is a 1.5W laser :thinking:

The other pics are great, but to be honest I like the last one most. The laser has a very industrial/professional appearance to it, that's not really apparent from the other shots. Looks like something that belongs in a mad scientists' lab:tinfoil:

HAHA. Yea well i would rather sell over spec then to spec.:D You know my style personal.:D

WHO said iam not a mad scientist.:eg:

Man, what's the mystery boost driver in that guy ? :)

No Comment.

Yes what driver :thinking: come on comment.....

Very nice build it shows you spent some time on the host :gj:

Nice and clean, did you make the switch housing ?

And way to go making it a package with the safety glasses +3

Last edited:

rhd

I'm *hoping* that the driver is a Lazeerer original ;)

Yes what driver :thinking: come on comment.....

Very nice build it shows you spent some time on the host :gj:

Nice and clean, did you make the switch housing ?

And way to go making it a package with the safety glasses +3

Thanks Jeff.:beer:

I dint make the switch Housing but i modified it by smoothing it out on my lathe to make the laser flow better.:)

Yes, Glad you notice this, I like to always add the appropriate goggles for the laser I'm selling.:)

I'm *hoping* that the driver is a Lazeerer original ;)

Of course its a Lazeerer Original but Boost.:) Rated to 2A but i can only get 1.9A out of it now. I did get help on it though from a friend.

Thats all i will give. Please no more question .:) Thank You.

Last edited:
Re: FS: 1.4W 445nm Laser The Cube "Polished"

Very nice Build! :)

Good Luck man! You spend so many hours to build this.

I love your Builds! They are *different :D

Man, you just can't get your numbers right... it's 1.5W lol:na:

I like the always overspec approach though:shhh:

I'm guessing with the design you're also looking at no duty cycle limitation at low and possibly medium settings?

rhd

I like the always overspec approach though:shhh:

I like that too, but there's a conceptual challenge with the "always overspec approach". The problem is that "always overspec" eventually, psychologically, becomes the spec.

I usually do the same thing with any lasers I've sold, but I'm very cautious to never say so in connection with an actual sale. The problem is that openly adopting "overspec" as a practice, creates a mental expectation of overspec that gets factored into the psychological decision making process for a buyer. In a free/open market, knowledge of the fact that "500mW from Bob really means 600mW" simply gets assimilated back into the purchase evaluation equation. Then eventually Bob runs into a situation where selling an item as "500mW", will lead to psychological disappointment even if it measures overspec at "550mW".

Maybe I'm applying too much free-market / economics theory here. I still fully support everyone being as conservative as possible in their power ratings associated with items they sell. I just see it is an unsustainable practice if we present it as a universal policy that buyers can expect a seller to always follow.

Make sense?

Last edited:

I like that too, but there's a conceptual challenge with the "always overspec approach". The problem is that "always overspec" eventually, psychologically, becomes the spec.

I usually do the same thing with any lasers I've sold, but I'm very cautious to never say so in connection with an actual sale. The problem is that openly adopting "overspec" as a practice, creates a mental expectation of overspec that gets factored into the psychological decision making process for a buyer. In a free/open market, knowledge of the fact that "500mW from Bob really means 600mW" simply gets assimilated back into the purchase evaluation equation. Then eventually Bob runs into a situation where selling an item as "500mW", will lead to psychological disappointment even if it measures overspec at "550mW".

Maybe I'm applying too much free-market / economics theory here. I still fully support everyone being as conservative as possible in their power ratings associated with items they sell. I just see it is an unsustainable practice if we present it as a universal policy that buyers can expect a seller to always follow.

Make sense?

^One of the main Reason I DO NOT LIKE to post LPM pictures in my sale threads and i have always done that from the beginning.

However Most know that i sell over spec Unless specified. Nothing i can do about that. Iam not a Business or am i competing against anyone so its a Personal style that i like to do. I dont care what other sellers do. I have yet to come across anyone that was unhappy with either getting to spec or over spec. Part of the reason i just dont sell to anyone. There are a few people out there and i think i know those few people which made you start to think about this a little more. But i wont let those few ruin it for the way i do things.

Alot is not shown on the open forum what i do. Its mostly done in Pms.

Those that buy a laser from me will always get the LPM Reading IN PM or tell me not to show it to them and let them LPM it when they get it for a surprise.

So Before they even send the funds and request to see it i show them so they know exactly what they are getting. By doing this it stops anyone from being unhappy. Those that want it as a surprise get a ruff estimate from me before sending the fund. Again what all of you dont see what i do in PMs.

So if i claim over spec in the open forum ^That stops anyone from being unhappy with thinking as you say "over spec now becomes on spec."

The Problem is those that clam overspec but dont back it up or those that claim to spec and dont even back that up.

I have sold to many members that have came back to me to buy more lasers and they never assume anything.

You just have to make sure who you are selling to.

What others do in there sales is not my problem. I do things my way and it works. As they say why fix something if its not broken.:undecided: Everyone that has bought from me has been happy and its my only goal. On Spec or over spec most again buy for the build. Most that buy from me are mature.

Maybe you should open up a new thread on this if you see it getting worse. IMO i rarely see this from Custom built lasers. In fact i dont think i have ever seen this. "Trying to think":thinking: Again there is those few people with buying Pre built manufacture laser but other then that i have not seen someone upset with this.

I can only speak for myself though and have always been know to do my own thing.:)

Last edited:

@rhd, I hear what you're saying, but I'm with lazeerer on this.

If we were talking about a large company that sells hundreds of units... it would be a different story, but here we're not.

Personally when I sell a laser I put up an LPM reading, or post how much it is at peak, rounded down, on a laserbee lpm, with fully charged, good batteries (AW IMR).

So far I've been lucky and haven't had any issues.

rhd

@rhd, I hear what you're saying, but I'm with lazeerer on this.

Ya, I mean I think we're all on the same page actually :)

We all agree that overspec is good / important / the only way to sell something really.

It's just sort of a tricky balance from a conceptual standpoint. My brain has trouble processing the paradox created by labeling something overspec. It's like "factory overclocked" components. I've never understood that.

But really, we are on the same page here. My earlier comment was really a theoretical / philosophical one, not one based on any person or thread in particular. (Although Lazeerer is right that a few bad apples have bittered my view of things recently)

Ya, I mean I think we're all on the same page actually :)

We all agree that overspec is good / important / the only way to sell something really.

It's just sort of a tricky balance from a conceptual standpoint. My brain has trouble processing the paradox created by labeling something overspec. It's like "factory overclocked" components. I've never understood that.

But really, we are on the same page here. My earlier comment was really a theoretical / philosophical one, not one based on any person or thread in particular. (Although Lazeerer is right that a few bad apples have bittered my view of things recently)

I hate Bitter apples.:barf:

Luckily they dont know how to hide it well.:beer: I new exactly what you meant when you mentioned that though. There will always be those few.:rolleyes: