Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So what happens at customs?

Not sure. I know Max and he kept me updated. Not sure what they do for everyone else.

I heard that he usually sends update emails about where your package is so that's great! Hopefully that will be just like I heard and their shipping and quality will be great.

xoul

Don't know for sure, but I suspect alot of this happens.
asleep+on+the+job.jpg

Oh alright. When i type it in it asks for Enquiry Reference Number. Whats that?

Last edited:

Ninja

Regarding hand carry through U.S.Customs (last check after one collects checked-in luggage), do they look for the "<5mW" warning stickers on lasers they find?

I have ordered a 100mw green laser from lazerpoint.com they shipped the lazer on the 16th of march and on the 17th the laser was already in new york ISC which is customs..): i hope that the laser goes through easily..... Hope that they dont take it away );

Customs does like to steal lasers I mean don't they have other stuff to worry about...like bombs

mmmm.... well would you steal a laser while at work at US Customs where, no doubt there are bunches of cameras recording your every move?? Risking your job and future would simply just not be worth any laser..not to mention facing possible jail time . I am fairly sure they keep detailed records of every damn thing and use a method of destroying items marked for that end with very little chance to take one home..

hak's dos centavos solo.

ps.. IIRC there was a post here long ago(by a Customs employee) addressing this and comfirming most of what I have posted here. Chain of custody is strictly controlled and as you have the right to appeal right up until destruction I dont think they have as much opportunity to steal as you may think...

custom and postal worker are just like everyone else, some steal, but imo its more likely to get ripped off by customs that by local postal workers, I have had some one in customs chow down on my Schwedenbomben I ordered from Austria.

I would like to see the list of stuff that gets confiscated just out of curiosity

i've had a laser at the isc at LAX for about 2 weeks now... im thinking definitely being peeped by customs... anyone had a hold longer than this and gotten their laser?
p.s. still no letter

Well i actually have ordered several items that came from hong kong and they were stuck at customs for about 10days (;

AnthoT

I have ordered a 100mw green laser from lazerpoint.com they shipped the lazer on the 16th of march and on the 17th the laser was already in new york ISC which is customs..): i hope that the laser goes through easily..... Hope that they dont take it away );

They likely won't take it away. :) you'd have to be veerrrryyy unlucky to get it taken away. :beer:
-Anthony