Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So I bought 10,000 Lr44 batteries....

The simple answer is this. Your not going to find a high power laser that will use these. I have over the years though, had >5mw pointers that have used them.

To drive say a 1W 445nm diode with these with a linear regulator, at minimum you'd need 15 groups of 5 batteries in series, with all the groups wired in parallel... at minimum.. and you might get 20-30 minutes of run time on it... maybe..

Though a little advice Tigerwoody.. You'll do much better here if you leave the attitude on the other forums you brag about using/running..

Not bragging or having an attitude at all... Sorry if you pick it up that way.

I don't want to drive a 1w. If I could drive a 100mw that would be cool. If its not possible, its not possible. I'll figure out something else. Not a big deal.

Sorry if every member must post an introduction. I never saw it in the rules(and yes I did read them). I figured posting that I bought 10,000 Lr44 batteries and I was giving them away for free to anyone that asked was a good enough intro. Guess not. Next time I join a laser pointer forum I'll make sure to post an intro listing my a/s/l as well as my hobbies and future dreams. My mistake. Next time I'll do better. :beer:

You wont find any good laser using those batteries. Powerful lasers need powerful batteries, and those batteries are anything but powerful.

Well, that's not true. It depends on how hard you can throw 'em. :eg:

On topic: Welcome to LPF, Tygerwoody.

It's not required, though most do because, in general, a lot of the help people ask for here is location specific... especially pertaining to laws. It's just usually helpful to all in the community to know at least some rough information about the people we deal with.

The main problem you run in to with these cells is their extremely low capacity. At most they're rated for 100mAh.. and that's at extremely low current draw. if you start trying to draw a lot from them, their capacity is significantly less.

It's not required, though most do because, in general, a lot of the help people ask for here is location specific... especially pertaining to laws. It's just usually helpful to all in the community to know at least some rough information about the people we deal with.

The main problem you run in to with these cells is their extremely low capacity. At most they're rated for 100mAh.. and that's at extremely low current draw. if you start trying to draw a lot from them, their capacity is significantly less.

I don't mind if the capacity is low. I mean. 10,000 is quite a bit of batteries to go through :D

This isn't funny -- it is possible..
With 170' of PVC tubing, these cells can become a series battery stack
which can drive a 20 watt CO2 laser to full power. If the PVC is cut to 10' lengths, it would be a bundle of only 17 tubes.
HMike

I forgot -- the water cooling pump will need a few volts but the water tank will be small due to the limited BTU requirements.

I know it is possible, I laughed of the quantity
a good deal of 10,000 LR44 :beer:

Bobby

I happen to have several <5mW red lasers that take those ... freebies from conferences mostly, and given to my daughters as their trainers.

Three of them still actually work (laser warning label shows 2001 as the date of manufacture), and the batteries are finally getting low :D

If you were interested, I'd pay postage for 6-12 of them, but if not no big deal; IIRC, they're not too pricey in the first place...

Benm

So I bought 10,000 Lr44 batteries....

What on earth made you think that was a good idea? :D

Surely there is plenty of stuff that takes these batteries, but i found a pack of 100 from dx to last me over a year.

This leaves only one option: find something really cool to do with them. Connect them all in series, and power a neon sign or something like that!

Or dump all of them into a car battery casing, and send that over to Kipkay - that would make a priceless laugh for all of us :D

Don't laugh too hard, I have been using these in LED mock candles, (I have them all around my house inc. 7 in a candelabra on my fireplace, and each uses 3X LR44) as well as astronomy red flashlights and I think I would like to get about 50 of them. Please contact me and we can arrange shipping. Thanks! -Glenn btw, my email is: scopeguy20@gmail.com

honestly dude, you're better off just ordering from amazon or something. It will be cheaper on ya for shipping. I don't mind sending you batteries at all, but I just think it might be a waste shipping.

So i've decided i'm just going to try to build a laser... with these amazingly awesome batteries. That or build a gun that shoots batteries. Either way it should be pretty fun.